Automobilista 2 | The Second Hotfix Is Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios continue their quest to add fine polish to their AMS 2 racing simulation, and today have deployed a second hotfix update since leaving Steam Early Access.
  • AMS 2 V1 released 01.07.2020
  • Second hotfix update since leaving Early Access
  • Time trail leaderboards reset
Having come out of the blocks strongly back on Wednesday with their initial V1 release of Automobilista, the Brazilian development team have remained hard at work responding to community feedback and resolving some of the more minor issues that didn't quite make it in time for the main release window.

The simulation has been under a beta development window for a few months now as Reiza Studios look to get their heads around the new Madness game engine, and having first started out life in closed early access beta status, the popular team behind Game StockCar Extreme and the original AMS title always aimed to get a V1 update out in early 2020, with a robust roadmap of development set to expand into the months ahead.

AMS 2 3.jpg

Now celebrating their second post V1 hotfix update, the Studio have looked to further tweak and improve many of the visual aspects of the simulation, whilst adding new features and functionality to the game as they continue to bring the quality of each car and location to a standardised level.

It is worth noting as part of this update that time trail leader boards have been reset and HUD updates will reset previous customisation.

AMS 2 2.jpg

• Wiper and windshield animation added to several vehicles
  • AI minor tweaks
  • Improved audio on some cars
Other highlights from the 1.0.0.2 hotfix build of today include the addition of windshield wiper animation on a number of cars already within the game, allowing players to now take advantage of the solid weather implementation within the title. Of those that have been updated, the new 2020 StockCar Brasil Toyota Corolla and Chevrolet Cruize are arguably the highlights.

As V1 came with a heavily WIP version of the legendary Mount Panorama Circuit in Australia, this second hotfix release also addresses some of the missing assets from the track model, with several WIP trackside buildings, fences, armco and various track furniture having been included within the circuit surroundings - although it is advised that much of Bathurst is still in progress and will substantially change and improve in the weeks ahead.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg
AMS 2 Header.jpg

Automobilista 2 V0.0.2 Hotfix Notes:
  • Updated opening splash screens & main menu background
  • Added interface toggle & updated "Back" button in monitor screen
  • Updated position/lap counter HUD widget
  • Set display current lap instead of completed laps in position widget
  • Reduced number of positions displayed in overall standings HUD widget
  • Added relative positions HUD widget
  • Tweaked default positions for HUD elements
  • Updated StockCar 2020 cockpits & wiper / windshield animations for both Cruze & Corolla
  • Updated wiper mask & animation , SuperV8, Sprintrace, Sigma P1
  • Added wiper & windshield animations for Fusca (all variants)
  • Added new liveries for GX390 Kart
  • Updated liveries forSigma P1, AJR Judd, Ginetta G58, F-ultimate
  • Reduced max AI strentgh grip multiplier to reduce issues with AI misbehavior @ 120% setting
  • Minor increase of AI peak mid corner grip in modern-slick shod cars
  • Reduced F-Retro aero yaw sensitivity (all models)
  • Bathurst: added dynamic brake markers; added fences / armcos / other tweaks to barriers around the track; corrected wall height on the hill; added hotel building (still WIP), club house, farm buildings and some other buildings; Added powerlines (still WIP) Fixed a hole in the terrain in the Chase corner
  • Granja: Added night lighting
  • Velocitta: Fixed player DQ when leaving pits
  • Spielberg: Recalibrated DRS and braker marker sign spacing/distance and reset pivots on dynamic brake markers.
  • Interlagos: Removed static DRS signs
  • SuperV8 sound updated with Rev Limiter, pitlimiter and pitlimiter trigger sounds
  • Ginetta G55: external sound update.
  • FClassic G3M1: Updated engine positional audio

Original Source: Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Want help getting the best out of the simulation? Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community help you out!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

One small suggestion (I hope it's not silly, lol).

But look at the very first photo in the post above up there. Maybe one of those vintage Lotuses, I think in real life it's impossible to find an engine that chromey, shiny and clean (after the car is driven). Maybe (after afew laps, or after off tracks or in the end of the race), making the seen mechanical parts greasy, the exhaust burny and the tyres dirty will add more realism?

Last edited:

But look at the very first photo in the post above up there. Maybe one of those vintage Lotuses, I think in real life it's impossible to find an engine that chromey, shiny and clean. Maybe making the seen mechanical parts greasy and the tyres dirty will add more realism?
Nah. What Reiza should do with F-Vintage is make the F2 version of the Brabham complete with…
f2+rindt+1968+brabham.jpg

Actually, no. Please don’t do that Reiza. I was kidding. It would make for a great “announcement” though next April 1.

Does anyone else experience a strong "kick back" on oversteer correction which basically flings you off the track. I've lost all of the smooth counter steer I used to have.

I had this previously but I think one of the custom FFB files tuned it out, but it seems to be back with avengence. I really find this makes the vintage F1 cars a pita to drive (where as they used to be one of my favorites previous). It even seems to effect the caterham to a degree.

Edit: Found a custom FFB on Rieza Forums that largely mitigates this again so back to business as usual.

Last edited:

But look at the very first photo in the post above up there. Maybe one of those vintage Lotuses, I think in real life it's impossible to find an engine that chromey, shiny and clean. Maybe making the seen mechanical parts greasy and the tyres dirty will add more realism?
It is been a rather "not that important but itching problem" for me since PC1. The textures especially on car interiors look lifeless. Probably as part of the memory diet? I don't know.

Last edited:
Yesterday, there was no FFB, Bathurst was floaty and it was just woeful! Today after the update, Ultima around Bathurst was spectacula! I’m using a full sim rig with SimVibe and Next Level V3 motion seat base. This is what Sim Racing is all about. I haven't been this excited for years with the lack lustre sims that promise the earth and deliver dust. This is Superb and without doubt, the best there is, now. Can’t wait to see where this goes.

Yesterday, there was no FFB, Bathurst was floaty and it was just woeful! Today after the update, Ultima around Bathurst was spectacula! I’m using a full sim rig with SimVibe and Next Level V3 motion seat base. This is what Sim Racing is all about. I haven't been this excited for years with the lack lustre sims that promise the earth and deliver dust. This is Superb and without doubt, the best there is, now. Can’t wait to see where this goes.
WOW, I am not normally envious of other Sim Racers rigs as I very much like what I have....but Dang that sounds awesome. :inlove::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Does anyone else experience a strong "kick back" on oversteer correction which basically flings you off the track. I've lost all of the smooth counter steer I used to have.

I had this previously but I think one of the custom FFB files tuned it out, but it seems to be back with avengence. I really find this makes the vintage F1 cars a pita to drive (where as they used to be one of my favorites previous). It even seems to effect the caterham to a degree.
Sounds like pcars 2

Other Devs must hate them for the speed these guys operate at.
Superb work!
They certainly don't care. Reiza is doing things their way, others different.

Well...the other devs should start caring, and be very VERY worried now that the Genie is out of the bottle on how things can, should, and are being done by their competition.

From what I've been seeing from other devs in comparison, my wallet is safe for the foreseeable future.

Reiza has set a new bar with AMS2, far exceeding (my) expectations with both the sim itself and the dedication to their product.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%