Automobilista 2: The Big Interview (Part 2)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS 2 Interview 6.jpg

The second part of our big interview with Reiza Studios is now live! Read on here...

When the AMS 2 announcement dropped the community lit up with reaction and comments, plenty of which posed more questions that we had answers to at that point. In a bid to try and gather as much information on the upcoming sim as possible, we opened up the opportunity to put together questions for Renato from our community members - and you responded in fine style!

AMS 2 Interview - Part One HERE.

In Part 2 of our big Reiza interview, we throw down pretty much most of the community generated questions, and you can find the answers from the man in charge below...

RD: (question from @numbersevenhull) - AMS multiplayer had problems gaining traction other than for league use. How do you plan to address this... what are the plans for multiplayer (structured or lobby system), do they intend to integrate the PC2 safety and skill ratings, or expand upon them. Will the game offer any kind of stat tracking?

RS: I think multiplayer health fundamentally depends on having a large enough player base, as the online community is always going to be a percentage of that total. Our immediate focus is getting what we got right in AMS1, combining that with licensed content of broader appeal, and packing it with a more competitive presentation – that will boost the player base and multiplayer participation as a consequence. Once we have that we can focus on adding more multiplayer-specific features, although we do have some already planned and a few legacy systems we can also explore.

RD: (question from @numbersevenhull) - What areas of the game engine have you targeted resources towards improving and where do you feel they have been effective. Have you expanded the Reiza team and in what areas if any have you brought in new skills?

RS: We are about twice as big as we were at the end of AMS1 development and looking to hire more, as we intend AMS2 is a project that goes much further beyond v1.0.

We´ve hired a number of new artists as not only we have to produce new content at a quicker rate than before, we also have a lot of assets from AMS1 to bring over and upgrade for the new engine.

On the coding side we´ve been focusing on the low hanging fruits, ie mostly small adjustments that add good value, and making a few changes to bring some of the mechanics more towards what we had in AMS1, and soon we´ll start doing some work on the AI. We want to have a stable baseline with all these important things first before dabbing into more elaborate tasks, as that also gives us more time to get a better grasp on the engine.

RD: (question from @Gasper Zupan) – Do you plan to include the option to use old/used tires like in Automobilista 1? And limit the tire sets?

RS: Yes and yes.

AMS 2 Interview 3.jpg

RD: (Question from @Will Mazeo) – Will the new game have rejoin and full course yellows?

RS: It´s on our list, although we haven´t done any work on that front yet. So this probably lands on longer term features, ie post v1.0 release.

RD: (Question from @RobertR1) – We know MADNESS supports Oculus and HTC Vive natively, but what are your thoughts around the new Pixmax VR, and potentially other VR players entering or in the VR headset space?

RS: I think it´s great that a new generation of VR hardware is coming up, the 1st already offered a new level of immersion but still lacked the resolution to be really the game-changer it can be. We´re keeping an eye on what´s going on, but haven´t actually tried the new kits yet.

RD: (Question from @R1Joel) – Do you plan on supporting modding within the sim?

RS: We will try to give best support for users to share their customizations such as car skins, setups and custom championships.

For car and track mods you will be able to do as much as you can with PCars2, which is probably not a lot. It definitely won´t be a dedicated modding platform. There are several reasons why that is, the most obvious being the very architecture of the Madness engine does not lend itself to it.

That same architecture is actually important for us to protect our own content. Modding is fun, but seeing the car or track we poured our heart and soul into creating along with a considerable amount of our limited finances ported over to whatever the popular modding platform of choice is on the day, not so much.

Don´t get me wrong - modding platforms are great for sim racing, we were born from the modding scene as were many others of today’s elite developers. But we´re content creators first and foremost, and we need to protect that value. Besides, dedicating resources to creating a modding platform almost inevitably detracts from making and then keeping a well-rounded, consistent product which is what we aim to do.

Moreover, and because we´re content creators first and foremost, if there´s one thing we stand out on is the rate at which we can output good, consistent content at a fair enough fee. We also tend to keep a finger on the pulse of our user base so we know what most people want – if there´s enough interest in something we can try to deliver it ourselves over the shelf life of the sim.

With that said, there isn´t any measure being taken to prevent modding -if people manage to find their way around it to whatever extent, then by all means mod away.

RD: (Question from @Miguel Batista) - Will you be adopting the (MADNESS) SETA tyre model or develop your own?

RS: Yes we are using SETA.

AMS 2 Interview 2.jpg

RD: Regarding tyre model and physics, does the MADNESS engine deal include PCARS 2 physics, or is it a graphics only type of arrangement?

RS: We´re using the complete engine, which is not to say we can´t port some of the things we did in the old engine.

RD: Due to the sharing of engines, are we likely to see similarities to how PCARS behaves, or do you have the scope / appetite / freedom to develop something entirely in house within the staff and skills available at Reiza?

RS: We do have all the freedom to do with it whatever we want, so that´s not an issue. It´s a matter of what needs to be done. I can say that from the get-go it´s going to be a lot more similar to AMS1 than people are expecting. And to my perception, and also from some friends who have already tried it is that some of the cars already drive better than they did in AMS1.

RD: To get an even clearer and more direct answer…. !!! Is this new game going to be basically Automobilista physics and FFB but with more bells and whistles on and slight nuanced changes, are is it a case of using much of the PCARS model as a base, and moving forward your own way from that point?

RS: I think the previous answer already covers that.

RD: (Question from @Ghoults) - Will there be a career mode or is it more about online racing and single races against ai?

RS: There is one particular Expansion Pack within the AMS2 plan that should feature a career progression of sorts, so that´s one thing. We´ll certainly try to add more if we can make it more than a gimmick, but there´s no guarantee we´ll be able to for v1.0.

RD: (Question from @c172fccc) - Will the tire model interact with LiveTack 3.0 as it does in Project Cars 2? For example, will it interact with dirt on the track and the depth of the puddles?

RS: Yes.

RD: (Question from @GTSpeedster) - Will AMS2 have native triple screen support day one?

RS: Yes – basically for hardware support you can take for granted everything PCars 2 already offered.

AMS 2 Interview 4.jpg

RD: (Question from @Jan Mikuž) - How detailed, extensive will physical (visual) damage be?

RS: To begin with at least, the system will be similar to what you see in PCars2, which is not to say configured the same way.

RD: (Question from @FS7) – Going back to mod support for a second, is there any plans for tools to convert mods from AMS1 to AMS2?

RS: No.

RD: (Question from @tpw) – The graphic quality of the game engine is without doubt, but sims such as RaceRoom continue to lead the way in the audio side of things. What sort of limitations are present in this engine regards audio, and do you feel Reiza can lift the new title to a level above what has previously been possible with this engine?

RS: We believe strongly that audio design is crucial for a good sim racing experience, and we´re consistently looking into ways of making It better. We are using FMOD now and that is more advanced than what we had before, and we´re pouring a lot more resources into audio capturing from real cars, so it will be better than AMS1 both in terms of audio capabilities as well as sampling.

We have for example just recently captured this beauty:

How it will stack up against the other leading devs on this front will be up for users to judge, but you can at least be confident that audio design in general – not just engine sounds - is towards the top of priorities.

RD: (Question from @Kurupt CDN) - Do you plan to incorporate and build on the rallyX/stadium trucks that were in AMS?

RS: Yes – Rally / Dirt not in V1.0 though, most likely a separate dedicated Expansion Pack. Stadium Super Trucks we´d like to and are working on it.

AMS 2 Interview 5.jpg

RD: (Question from @Kurupt CDN) - Any plans on adding or renewing the live weather app license (that has apparently lapsed in PCARS 2)?

RS: Good question! I guess we´ll have to look into it. No plans but certainly open to consideration.

RD: (Question from @fernandodasilva) - Any possibility of having spotters in other languages than English?

RS: In Portuguese for sure, English yes. Others unlikely for v1.0 at least.

RD: (Question from @j_troc_71) - How will this game be different than Automobilista 1?

RS: Bigger, better and prettier with some key new features is a good way to sum it up, but the basic design is fundamentally similar.

RD: (Question from @Tar Heel) - Will the replay system be the same as it currently is in PC2 or will it be improved upon?

RS: We are working on it as we speak. We already considerably upgraded the LODding logic and sharpness settings from cameras so replays look much better.

RD: (Question from @Jason Mullin) - know this may be too early but... Considering the potential great graphics from madness and better physics from Reiza... do you know yet what might be the target PC requirements? For those of us with Mid-range PCs.

RS: If you run PCars2 well, you´ll probably find AMS2 running at least as well.

RD: (Question from @fireballr18) - Can Reiza use parts of their former modulations in AMS (e.g. turbo modellation)?

RS: Madness already has a turbo model that is at least as good as what we had, which was very functional but also very simple. We´re using the native model.

RD: (Question from @VernWozza) - As someone who craves realism I'm desperate for a sim so take damage seriously. Will they be implementing any kind of unique damage model?

RS: As before, it´s one area we´d like to offer more but there is a list of higher priorities things above it we need to focus on first.

AMS 2 Interview 1.jpg

RD: (Question from @mibrandt) - How much control do you have on the visual side of things? The weather looks very good in pc2 but honestly I think generally the visuals are kinda overdone - like too much bling. Are you aiming for a more photo realistic look if its in your control?

RS: We aim for realism in every front, but this tends to be a more subjective matter than it should be. Art wise our approach is the same, we do have full control of the rendering engine we have more and better artists now so the results should, and are already evidently better. As for the bling, I do believe you can switch off most it if it doesn´t please you.

RD: (Question from @ShredatorFIN) – antialiasing has come in for criticism in previous MADNESS based games – is this something on the ‘to-do’ list at Reiza for the new title?

RS: We´re looking into it.

RD: (Question from @peppepino) – Will Reiza be looking to make “AMS2 Release” a recognised reason to not attend work, and if so, can you supply signed doctors notes so we don’t get into trouble from our managers?

RS: We can try make It so good that you may develop some RSI from racing too much, although I wouldn´t recommend it!

RD: (Question from @Keith Windsor) Can we have some idea of any 'new' race options that are intended. i.e. I'm really hoping for one or two features that have been left out of most sims in the past - For example: options for ballast, ability to match player and AI tyre wear, designate pit windows for player and AI, mid-race saves for those with real life commitments, decent oval behaviour as well as road.

RS: Ballast is already supported, as is mandatory pitstops with pit windows. Matching AI and player tyre wear is impossible, unless you mean dynamically adjusting it to be the same wear of the player… Mid-race saves certainly on the good-to-have list. Oval racing not planned at this stage.

RD: Have you any plans to look at Laserscanning for future tracks, despite the obviously high quality of the circuits already released for AMS1?

RS: We will if we can and when it makes sense – we have already used laser scan data for some tracks in AMS1, but we´re not adopting it as development criteria. For one thing we do a lot of historical tracks, and there is no way to scan those; for another we have good modellers capable of creating highly accurate models even without laser scan data.

We find the sims that do adopt that criteria tend to only have the more accurate tracks for a limited period if at all, not least because race tracks are alive things often going through constant reforms and laser scan is just a snapshot of it at a certain time. As an example I´d cite Imola, of which there are 2 laser scanned versions in other sims but ours is overall more accurate because it´s constantly brought up to the latest modifications.

Which is not to say laser scan data isn´t an invaluable accuracy resource, and it´s perfectly possible for us to combine that with our current modelling philosophy – in the cases we can do just that we certainly will continue to.

RD: Wheel support… do you plan on offering pre-set controller profiles like is the case with rFactor 2 for example? Also on the same topic, less broadly used wheels like older models or the new direct drive range – will special attention be paid to these in order to get the maximum benefit from these peripherals within the sim?

RS: We already do that with AMS1, although it could be improved and expanded. PC2 has a lot of legacy profiles which we´ll go through in time.

RD: (Question from @Tormentor) – Do you plan on having a pit out lap to the starting grid? Can we start from pitlane? Can we have tow trucks in FCY and marshals waving flags around the tracks? Can we have red flags because of crashes, with race interruption or premature end of race? Can we have change in strategy arranged by the chief engineer because of changes in weather or strategy changes of other teams?

RS: A dynamic race engineer is an interesting idea. Flag marshals we´d like to have, not in yet. The others I think are all demand more than they offer in return.

RD: (Question from @Constantin Grimminger) - How many people are currently working at Reiza and how will the guys that work on the Donington/Snetterton DLC contribute to the AMS2 work flow? Any chance to give concrete numbers on how many content creators (3D, 2D), physics guys and PR people are currently at Reiza?

RS: Without getting into specifics, Reiza currently has 18 devs working on AMS2. There is no one handling PR beyond myself though – we probably should get someone better suited for it!

On the track front we currently have one team focused on bringing and updating the existing AMS1 tracks to the new engine and another creating new tracks – the latter is handling Donington and Snetterton also in AMS1.

Generally we´ve always been a pretty lean operation and our limited budget has always demanded we put absolute focus on the essentials of creating the product. If AMS2 delivers the way we expect, some fronts will probably demand more dedicated resources and we wil then look into expanding further as needed.

RD: (Question from @o Tiger Feet o) - Are there any plans to implement a form of neural AI?

RS: We haven´t got our sights set that way yet.

RD: (Question from @bgil66) - Will you have a manual in pdf format explaining all aspects of the sim?

RS: We already did that in AMS1, although limited. Will certainly push to have something more in-depth if we can find the time.

RD: (Question from @Stefan Mizzi) - What kind of Telemetry API (or APIs) shall we expect?

RS: For the time being, same as PCars2.

RD: (Question from @Stefan Mizzi) – WIll developers have access to beta versions (or some documentation/information) to integrate with their applications?

RS: There will most likely be a short open beta period for users and app devs alike.

RD: Well, that’s probably taken you an age to read and respond to everything, so once again a sincere thank you from the sim racing community for taking the time to discuss this with us today. One last thing, in the usual RD interview style, do you have anything extra you can add to this interview that you’ve not shared before – an RD exclusive to end the marathon of questions?

RS: Thank you RD for always being there for us and for sim racing in general, you guys provide an invaluable service for our little corner of the virtual world and it´s most appreciated.

We´re pretty excited about Automobilista 2 – this is really the endgame we´ve been working towards for several years now so there´s a special energy now that this is really it. I´m glad to share that with the guys who have stuck with us through thick and this over the years, and also all who have enjoyed what we do and now have something exciting too look forward to. Rest assured we´ll do our best to keep you all posted of our progress over the coming months.

For the latest Automobilista 2 news and discussions, head over to the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
know in the ISI/rFactor engine (including even rFactor 2), this is a phenomenon that's been around since even before rFactor 1. Cars are wayyy too prone to wanting to keep turning, some times even in a sharper and sharper radius (as if you're applying more and more steering lock)
I'm wondering if it's a coincidence that this is also a phenomenon in PC2 or if this is some deep-rooted behavior left-over from the ISI/rFactor engine they started with?
I think that Ian Bell said that even pCars1 physics engine doesn't share single line with NFS Shift 2. So it should be entirely different in pCars2. But you may ask on their forum why this phenomenon exist in pCars2.
I think you said such behavior didn't occur in Netkar Pro, but how about iRacing? Now I wonder if it happens, to some extend, in many sims then perhaps for some cars it's not that unrealistic, but only exaggerated in games based on ISI engines? I've seen some real videos when formula cars kept turning and turning in a spin.

Last edited:

I think that Ian Bell said that even pCars1 physics engine doesn't share single line with NFS Shift 2. So it should be entirely different in pCars2. But you may ask on their forum why this phenomenon exist in pCars2.
I think you said such behavior didn't occur in Netkar Pro, but how about iRacing? Now I wonder if it happens, to some extend, in many sims then perhaps for some cars it's not that unrealistic, but only exaggerated in games based on ISI engines? I've seen some real videos when formula cars kept turning and turning in a spin.

Because they do sometimes :)

ACC is worse in this respect for me. But it may just be FFB false impressions.

Off-throttle and off-brakes, off-throttle while braking, or both?
For me, I notice it particuarly with off-throttle + off-brake. I actually had to move the slider up just yesterday from mid-range 5 (from 1-10) to 8 to reduce it even more in the Ginetta G55 GT3.

I know in the ISI/rFactor engine (including even rFactor 2), this is a phenomenon that's been around since even before rFactor 1. Cars are wayyy too prone to wanting to keep turning, some times even in a sharper and sharper radius (as if you're applying more and more steering lock) on both off-throttle with braking and no braking.

Interesting you find this, it never occurred to me as something unnatural and unexpected in any other sim where it does feel strangely overdone in PC2.

Honestly, my take is that 'how grip is conveyed' in all sims 'feels' less than it would feel in real-life, leading to me overdriving corners and feeling like I'm racing on ice. Some sims are better than others, iRacing (I 'get' why people call it iceRacing now after playing rFactor2) feels much more slidey than rFactor2. All that said, once you acclimatize yourself to the given sim you get use to how they're conveying grip and I find I start getting very competitive lap times.

I'm wondering if it's a coincidence that this is also a phenomenon in PC2 or if this is some deep-rooted behavior left-over from the ISI/rFactor engine they started with?

I think you are correct since Renato/Reiza made some comments recently regarding the tyre model being preferable in PC2 since it came from rF1 days rather than rF2.

I think you said such behavior didn't occur in Netkar Pro, but how about iRacing? Now I wonder if it happens, to some extend, in many sims then perhaps for some cars it's not that unrealistic, but only exaggerated in games based on ISI engines?
I don't believe that not a single line of code from PCars 1 is shared from the ISI engine. Before I ever knew PCars was based on the ISI/RF engine, I truly realized it myself within the 3rd ever corner of my 1st ever lap playing. It often has the same oversteer phenomenon where if you modulate the throttle during over-steer, the car often doesn't react to what you're doing, instead, the car will just keep oversteering more and more until you give a huge lift (contrary to real life and some other sims especially NKP and LFS - possibly AC but I might not be experienced enough in AC to comment on it). Also, during that same oversteer, not only does the oversteer keep on as I mentioned, but the car keeps turning sharper and sharper rather than the car's inertia making the car keep traveling in it's original direction before the slide occurred. That's how well I can see and sense this; I knew from this behaviour that PC is ISI/RF engine based before I even knew it was.

There have been further improvements in PC2 though. Although I've only played the Lamborghini in the demo, it does seem less RF/ISI'ish than PC1. Although it's still there, some times it comes through more, some times less depending on the car and what you're driving inputs are with the car - it's almost like the PC2 tyre model covers it up, like a band-aid, but it still some times comes through. Difficult to explain but quite easy to see/sense/feel).

I've seen some real videos when formula cars kept turning and turning in a spin.
Ya I've seen some too. A memorable one was at the Canadian F1 Grand Prix a few years back. Some one was warming up the car down the back straight and lost it and the car turned sharply. These are very rare and very specific though, the vast majority of the times, the cars don't react like that regardless of car (F1, Skip Barber, kart, Stadium Trucks, any thing). I was watching some videos of Formula Trucks as well as Stadium Trucks (both also available in AMS1). The way they can get power-on oversteer while the truck remains consistent and "underneath you" is very different to AMS/ISI. They can floor the throttle, get some angle, keep the throttle floored on close to floored (some throttle modulation some times) and although the vehicle may get more sideways, it still keeps traveling forward and not where the front-end is pointing. You can hold the angle, adjust the throttle and wheelsping during the slide all while the vehicle remains traveling on it's line rather than wanting to snap or keep turning sharper and sharper.

Also, on the 3rd stage of oversteer (when the vehicle starts lessening it's angle, when you start returning your opposite lock back to centre), that part so-often has to be a quick movement (often snap-like) in the RF/ISI engine but in real life you can, again, modulate the throttle, modulate the wheelspin during this time while the vehicle reacts to YOUR inputs. It the oversteer often calmly and controllably ends rather than an abrupt "jerk the wheel back to centre" like in the RF/ISI.

I also get the same thing in Raceroom. Literally any game based on the ISI engine. I jumped in the F1600 (or whatever the wing-less open-wheeler is) and I was trying to play with some nice slip angles and the car wants to either aggressively turn in, or it requires me to make a quick correction. Very on/off, very computerized.

Oh, and the turning more and more isn't just when spinning, it's very prominent just during general turn-in, mid-corner, etc. I remember playing the RF2 Nascar as well as that 70s or 80s touring car they released, and I was going around oval tracks and around street circuits using like 30 degrees (maybe a little exaggerated) of steering lock because it's so easy to exploit this turn-in and often use it to your advantage. Generally speaking, in real life, you can use more steering lock the slower you go but in these games, you often use no more, if not even less lock at low speeds than high speeds. It's as if there's an issue with pure, raw tyre grip the slower you go combined with the "over-turning" which let's you overcome the potential slower speed raw grip phenomenon.

I can easily demonstrate cars doing the over-turning effect and some times transitioning into full blow oversteer even at relatively low-speeds combined with fairly small amounts of steering angles. Seriously, you can go like 65 km/h and add like 45 degrees of steering lock with like 15% brakes and experience it. It's like the vehicle/tyes are never planted. Like there's no mass really pressing the tyres in the ground or like the tyres' grip are way too sensitive/easy to loose or something, who knows.

Anyways, I'm off to play AMS and GT Legends. Maybe I'll see some of ya online (AMS) :)

Last edited:
I saw that coming (No track/car Mods) before this interview was done
Great interviews, thanks Paul.

I will still get this new game and I am glad they decided to include VR, i think it will have day/night and weather like Pcars2.

I feel the modding days of modern games are gone.

I am sure it will have the features that PC2 got right now maybe even some more.
We can also count on the cars will behaving more consistent than in PC2 Well we can safely assume they can't be less;)

I hope they will just just stick to the smaller and more unknown cars and tracks as they did in GSC/AMS.
And I hope the concept works but not sure it will!
AMS want to do a quality sim but people that are attracted to that tend to be a lot less than people that just want to have something that looks nice and works.

Nothing wrong with that but you see how few users that Rf2 and AMS got already and a good deal of them are there because they support modding ether actively or indirectly.
Not just to get all kind of tracks and cars but maybe mainly so we can fiddle with stuff our self.

I was in the Crowd funding and believe I will get it if not I will buy it anyway.
But not sure sure how long time it will keep my interest without modding.
And I think that will be the issue for most current users.
Not really sure which group of sim racers they are trying reach?

While I look forward to AMS 2 I would much rather have had a modern graphics engine put on AMS 1.
And I do enjoy PC2 and used it from time to time.

Did that crowdfund apply to AMS2??
No, the crowdfunding was for AMS 1 (well, initially it was to extend the life of the previous game, AMS 1 was not even planned! It came because the funding was so successful). But you could get AMS 2 as a reward in the higher perks.
But not sure sure how long time it will keep my interest without modding.
And I think that will be the issue for most current users.
Not really sure which group of sim racers they are trying reach?
Reiza stated they have plan to bring updates for 3 year. That should keep the game active in my book! :)

I hope a name other than AMS 2 will be chosen. Googling and YouTube searching for the new stuff is so much easier when the names aren't similar. This was already proven when searching with rFactor vs. rFactor 2 searches.

For me they can call it Formula Vee Race Sim and focus on that;)
I do not care for most content in AMS but that does in no way diminish the sim for me.
Just wish there would be a way to remove content or hide cars and tracks you do not care about.
Wish that for all modern sim's
Maybe a poll for what content we would like converted from AMS to the next one?
Reiza has always been good about listen to users if there was any options for that.

Surprised to read all the complaints about modding, AMS had the same official policy and that hasn't stopped us from enjoying that piece of software.
Despite lack of official support, AMS is based on rFactor1(moddable platform) and people quickly learned how to create mods. Let me just mention many(20?) quality tracks made by Patrick Giranthon for AMS. They fill a void of almost no "mainstream" tracks in base content. There are some quality cars.

Last edited:
As many mods as there are for AC, is there one that can provide effective drive-train modeling(?) No, because such things have to be designed and implemented at the coding level deep inside the game physics engine. Very few game developers actually design for such features and yet, drive-train elasticity is a very fundamental aspect of most race cars.

Point being; providing even basic mod-support means making compromises (largely due to limited resources) in other areas of game development. Furthermore, things gets exponentially more complicated when developers have to design for advanced features while making mod'ing accessible. So in the end, we'll have some titles that are conducive to mod'ing, and others that are not but, the fact is all simulations contain compromises of one type or another.
There are few mods that claim ultra realistic physics i.e. RSR Formula 3 for AC or GP3 for rF2.

While it is over with modding in the upcoming Ams title please stop make it sounds like is is difficult to support modding.
No it is not. Just allow encrypted content to run in the sim.
Race 07 did just that. Well the encryption was weak and within days.
PC2 got it's encryption cracked very fast too! It is just very hard to get modded content into the game.
It is a a decision from the game engine designer not to support modding as one way to protect it's content and likely the main reason is to sell DLC.
Reiza , Renato knew that when they signed for the Madness Engine so now trying to make the best out of that I just hope that killing modding isn't going to kill off Reiza too.

Saying there are no good mods for AC are just crazy.
CM, SOL and Shader Patch has improved it was beyond anything Kunos could/ would ever do.
And the car base content so sporadic and poor that without modding support very few people would have used it after one year.

Do you think people actually bought AMS1 for the mods? Why would anyone buy AMS1 as a mod platform? AC is cheaper and has a far bigger range of mods.
Yes but AMS got physics and FFB!;)
Ok the fan boys will get after me.:Dit
No I do not think people bought AMS for the mods but they continued to use because of the mods and might even be the main reason they kept to it and bought DLC.
Many people used AMS platform as you can make the tracks look nicer than in the older Gmotor2 games and tire and FFB beats what you can do in rf1/ Gtr2.
You David of all people knows the importance of modding for a title. Had Simbin been a little smarter they could have developed GTR 2 for years and sold upgrades and DLC.,

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%