Automobilista 2 | StockCar 2021 Headlines New Hotfix Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have been busy once again, deploying another new hotfix update for the Automobilista 2 racing simulation.

The new hotfix build, deployed on Tuesday evening addresses a number of aspects of the simulation during this stage of ongoing development, focusing on fixes and tweaks around hot topic subjects such as AI, physics and force feedback behaviours within the title.

On the content front, the new update also introduces the latest season of the Brazilian StockCar Series - the premium national championship in Brazil and some of the most enjoyable cars in modern sim racing. The new 2021 content has been made available for free to owners of the simulation.

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

V1.1.2.5 Hotfix Notes:

CONTENT

• Added Stock Car 2021 series

UI & HUD
  • Fixed AI name occasionally disappearing from list in session timing board
  • Fixed name text being partially clipped in session timing board
  • Added missing DRS on trackmaps of circuits featuring DRS zones (Azure, Hockenheim, Imola, Kansai, Montreal, Nurburgring, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps, Spielberg)

PHYSICS & FFB
  • Further tweaks and cleanup of new TrueForce device and Logitech sdk support
  • Added pneumatic trail, caster trail, rar wheels forces as customizable variables FFB script
  • Fixed in-session per vehicle FFB adjustments not being maintained when restarting a sessionRevised F-Retro tires
  • Minor tire tread adjustments for F-Vintage, F-Trainer, GT3, P1, intermediate & wet compounds
  • Initial pass on tire wear revisions for various compounds (WIP)
  • Adjusted splitter / Front Wing height sensitivity for Group A, F-Vintage, F-Classic, Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Ginetta G58, Camaro GT4R, F-Trainer, Superkart, ARC Camaro
  • Corrected error on Opala differentials introduced in the previous build which led to it not being fully open
  • Adjusted Ginetta G58 damper rates
  • Adjusted pneumatic trail for Porsches & F-Vintages
  • Reduced pitch & yaw sensitivity for Group C cars
  • Adjusted Procar default rear ARB & clutch setting
  • Minor timing adjustments to F-Ultimate gearbox

AI
  • Further callibration of AI wet weather performance
  • Further customized AI brake distance offsets per car
  • Minor Bathurst AI Grip adjustments

AUDIO
  • Updated SprintRace transmission whine
  • Updated Porsche 911 GT1 engine & turbo sound
  • Updated McLaren F1 LM: engine sound

TRACKS
  • Cascais: Minor art & performance pass
  • Silverstone: Minor art & performance pass
  • Added VR trackside cams to Snetterton 300 & VIR Full
  • Added rainblockers to indoor section of Speedland kart layouts
  • Updated trackside ads for Interlagos & Goiania

VEHICLES
  • Super V8: Fixed incorrect team names
  • Stock Corolla: Fixed Brake disc visual glitch
  • Omega StockCar: Fixed the RF wheel arch edge loops
  • Fixed base windscreen textures to fix white windscreen problem on some cars when users turn on livery overrides

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum today to get engaged with your fellow Automobilista 2 fans!

AMS 2 footer.jpg

Last edited:
It may just be my lack of talent but the two Brazil SC 20 and 21 models I find spinout on slow turns far too easily. For example going left onto the start/finish straight at Bathurst in second gear barely touch the loud pedal and I'm facing the other way. The 20!9 model is one of my favourite cars in AMS2 I just can't get on with the newer ones. Also the cockpit view on the 20/21 cars with that box that looks like a sun visor, it may be based on the real model but it just gets in the way. I do like AMS2 by the way so just my thoughts not hating on the game.
Normally I'd say go easy on the throttle, but judging from all the onboards, you just have to wrestle that car with countersteering. There's no way around it.
Right at the 4:20 mark, look at the amount of steering input exiting a simple corner. That's nuts.

Last edited:
Anyone know where to find updated ffb settings for csl elite

Do you mean a custom ffb file? If so, try this version of Karsten’s RFuktor file:

You need to rename it to ffb_custom_settings.txt and place it in your documents/automobilista 2 folder.

In game settings I use are around 70/50/50/50

Note: damper setting now acts as power steering. The higher the value, the less peak force you will feel on corners.

I will post a newer version (probably) tomorrow.

Do you mean a custom ffb file? If so, try this version of Karsten’s RFuktor file:

You need to rename it to ffb_custom_settings.txt and place it in your documents/automobilista 2 folder.

Note: damper setting now acts as power steering. The higher the value, the less peak force you will feel on corners.

Thank You

It may just be my lack of talent but the two Brazil SC 20 and 21 models I find spinout on slow turns far too easily. For example going left onto the start/finish straight at Bathurst in second gear barely touch the loud pedal and I'm facing the other way. The 20!9 model is one of my favourite cars in AMS2 I just can't get on with the newer ones. Also the cockpit view on the 20/21 cars with that box that looks like a sun visor, it may be based on the real model but it just gets in the way. I do like AMS2 by the way so just my thoughts not hating on the game.
I find that it does need a bit more attention than the 2019 car but nothing too drastic. Whenever I've had issues like yours with cars before, a reset of the setup to the default fixed it.

Do you know to activate the "low end wheel" version of this file? I'm still using the heavy messing file on my TMX (and it's fantastic) but I'm curious about this one.

Do you know to activate the "low end wheel" version of this file? I'm still using the heavy messing file on my TMX (and it's fantastic) but I'm curious about this one.

On this latest file there is only one 'master' version that is intended for high end / dd wheels. However, most users seem to find it's working well whatever their hardware. Some of the different wheel owners are posting tweaked versions, but I don't think any of them are too far from the original.

If you haven't tried it already, I would say just try the base Rfuktor 3.2 file, or alternatively, just read the last 2 or 3 pages of this thread to see what people with similar wheels are changing.

Normally I'd say go easy on the throttle, but judging from all the onboards, you just have to wrestle that car with countersteering. There's no way around it.
Right at the 4:20 mark, look at the amount of steering input exiting a simple corner. That's nuts.

It looks like they introduced some artificial arcadey difficulty on these cars! Amiright guys?

Anyway love these cars, some of the better car/track combos in AMS2 with them.

Last edited:
It looks like they introduced some artificial arcadey difficulty on these cars! Amiright guys?
Yes and no. If you mean this many steering-'corrections', it isn't mandatory. It's a technique to steer as little as needed or keep the car as straight as possible, because cars are faster the less steering angle is applied and produce less tyre-wear. Jimmy Broadbent is doing that in any game:D

But it seems Reiza reduced the tyre-temps in general a bit and so tyres don't start overcooking and smearing anymore that quickly. In the Stockcars it was a bit too much before and one outlap caused already a significant grip-loss of the tyres, but for my taste they went a step to far with the temps.

Last edited:
Personally I have a big problem with am2, the steering the cars have so much difficulty to turn it's almost unplayable steering wheel at 90° it almost doesn't turn I have to at least turn the steering wheel at 180° I feel like I'm driving trucks it's really a shame... I have reconfigured my steering wheel every time but nothing works :cry:
please now you have to stop with the stockcar brezilien, 2019/2020 and now 2021 they are all the same, no difference!
Looks like you are having some calibration or wheel base setup issues to solve... Nothing to do with the way the sim plays by the looks of it.

Of course not, and what is quality anyway?
You and I and all the others might not be attracted to the same aspects in a SIM, so quality might be different for you and me. No SIM is perfect, so it is more a question of what aspect is important and how a particular SIM provide you with what you are after.
AMS2 has undeniable qualities. Those qualities do not seem to make it popular at this point in time, as per the low numbers player attendance.

Most SIM available today are more popular than AMS2, meaning more people prefer to play something else than AMS2, but it does not matter to the few people who prefer AMS2 over these other SIMs.

At this point in time AMS2 only interest for me is the content not available in the SIMs I prefer.
My only concern with the little popularity AMS2 is afflicted with is in relation to less players means less money and therefore could hamper the rate of progress in AMS2 developpement.

But it is important to realize that Reiza, as they have stated in many post already, ar not concerned by how many play the game at this time and that they already have reach the level they were aiming for.

Let’s all enjoy AMS2 qualities for what they are to us.
Most importantly AMS2 does not have the support of big name series organizer and big name streamers as some other sims do. This is the biggest reason of them all for how big the popularity of a sim is in the long run. Very little is due to the quality of the simulation unfortunately.

what settings do you use in tuning menu? sen,ff,drl,fei,forspr,dpr,bli,sho

All default except dri = 2, fei = 90.

There is now a new version of rFuktor (3.2) over at the Reiza forum thread, and my slightly tweaked CSL Elite version is on the last page of that thread.

Yes and no. If you mean this many steering-'corrections', it isn't mandatory. It's a technique to steer as little as needed or keep the car as straight as possible, because cars are faster the less steering angle is applied and produce less tyre-wear. Jimmy Broadbent is doing that in any game:D

But it seems Reiza reduced the tyre-temps in general a bit and so tyres don't start overcooking and smearing anymore that quickly. In the Stockcars it was a bit too much before and one outlap caused already a significant grip-loss of the tyres, but for my taste they went a step to far with the temps.

I drove them again last night and to me, they drive amazing right now. At Oulton with AI at 100 / 85 and starting from 4th I had an amazing 6 lap battle with the top 3.
These cars will punish you if you get sloppy with the throttle but you can always recover with steering input and it just feels natural to me. Also the amount of information that I'm getting through the wheel does not cease to amaze me. In no other sim can I feel exactly the level of grip as in AMS2. It is addictive.

I share the same feeling. It's true the car are harder to drive than 2019 version, but it is far from a beas as some may judge by some early season onboard footage.
I'm Brazilian, and follow this series since 90's, I tell, there are a bunch of good drivers there, but also some not so good, and if the car was this wild in low corner we sure would see some spins going in all races, but guess what? Nop...

I share the same feeling. It's true the car are harder to drive than 2019 version, but it is far from a beas as some may judge by some early season onboard footage.
I'm Brazilian, and follow this series since 90's, I tell, there are a bunch of good drivers there, but also some not so good, and if the car was this wild in low corner we sure would see some spins going in all races, but guess what? Nop...
There is a car-setup for that. Reduce the diff-clutch-plates to 2, full power-diff-angle, maybe some other tweaks like the usual softer rear suspension and it's getting easier to drive, but don't expect competitive lap-times with that :whistling: The key is to use the oversteer on turn-in to rotate the car. If you need off-throttle rotation while others are already on the throttle earlier, you loose time.

Last edited:
There is a car-setup for that. Reduce the diff-clutch-plates to 2, full power-diff-angle, maybe some other tweaks like the usual softer rear suspension and it's getting easier to drive, but don't expect competitive lap-times with that :whistling: The key is to use the oversteer on turn-in to rotate the car. If you need off-throttle rotation while others are already on the throttle earlier, you loose time.

That is another point, if the difference between good drivers and mediocre ones is big, imagine the teams. There are just 3, maybe 4 good teams in the series, but even the mediocre drivers in the mediocre team don't sofer with this bad mechanical trail in low-speed corners that de 20/21 versions of this car sofer. In AM1 the 19 cars already had this behavior but it was mitigated in AM2. The thing is, lap time is on par with reality, but the way you have to drive to achieve them is not right.

That is another point, if the difference between good drivers and mediocre ones is big, imagine the teams. There are just 3, maybe 4 good teams in the series, but even the mediocre drivers in the mediocre team don't sofer with this bad mechanical trail in low-speed corners that de 20/21 versions of this car sofer. In AM1 the 19 cars already had this behavior but it was mitigated in AM2. The thing is, lap time is on par with reality, but the way you have to drive to achieve them is not right.

Honestly I'm not the best driver but I have no issues with these cars. It does force you to focus more than some others and WILL punish you if you're careless, but it's not a particularly hard car to drive.

Here's a short video of a race I had with them earlier today. You can see that I have to correct way harder when I'm careless with the throttle, otherwise it is just a normal amount of input to keep it on track, and it reacts as it should. As you can see from the slow corners here at Nurburgring, there is no bad low speed corner behaviour.

This game is amazing, I was actually driving in VR on this race, and for a moment between the FFB, being in VR and the bass shakers I SWEAR I could FEEL the rear losing grip with my entire body, like my mind was so immersed that I lost touch with reality lol.

I'm relatively quick in those cars (won already races on full Brazilian servers) and doing it similar to the real onboards. You 'just' need to combine your steering with your throttle-inputs and keep the car in an understeering, so as straight as possible angle even with gentle throttle-oversteer for rotation. Those cars are now quite a bit easier to drive since the tyre-temps doesn't heat up anymore that much. It helps to get more telemetry in my case with Sim Dashboard since the tyres start smearing at 90° C. Listen to the tyre-sound and avoid tyre-squeezing or reduce it to a minimum. iRacing works very similar in this regard as well and those steering corrections work, even if the FFB is not telling you to do that.

PS: After writing this plus a bottle of delicious red wine I won another full server stockcar-race and like every time without pushing (which is the trick) or being anywhere close to a spin.

Attachments

• AMS2-domination.jpg
    AMS2-domination.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Honestly I'm not the best driver but I have no issues with these cars. It does force you to focus more than some others and WILL punish you if you're careless, but it's not a particularly hard car to drive.

Here's a short video of a race I had with them earlier today. You can see that I have to correct way harder when I'm careless with the throttle, otherwise it is just a normal amount of input to keep it on track, and it reacts as it should. As you can see from the slow corners here at Nurburgring, there is no bad low speed corner behaviour.

This game is amazing, I was actually driving in VR on this race, and for a moment between the FFB, being in VR and the bass shakers I SWEAR I could FEEL the rear losing grip with my entire body, like my mind was so immersed that I lost touch with reality lol.

Anyway, this car is very new, IRL and in the game, the team Reiza couldn't get all real data yet because of Covid, despite it isn't in my taste right now doesn't mean it will not in the next builds, especially at the end of the year when a lot of data will be collected from the real cars and the drivers in the official e-sports championship.

I'm relatively quick in those cars (won already races on full Brazilian servers) and doing it similar to the real onboards. You 'just' need to combine your steering with your throttle-inputs and keep the car in an understeering, so as straight as possible angle even with gentle throttle-oversteer for rotation. Those cars are now quite a bit easier to drive since the tyre-temps doesn't heat up anymore that much. It helps to get more telemetry in my case with Sim Dashboard since the tyres start smearing at 90° C. Listen to the tyre-sound and avoid tyre-squeezing or reduce it to a minimum. iRacing works very similar in this regard as well and those steering corrections work, even if the FFB is not telling you to do that.

PS: After writing this plus a bottle of delicious red wine I won another full server stockcar-race and like every time without pushing (which is the trick) or being anywhere close to a spin.

Good race, but this guys looks a little bit slow hehehe, even complaining I can do a 1.42 stable at Interlagos as well.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%