Automobilista 2 | New Update, Silverstone And Historic F1 Cars Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed a new update for Automobilista 2, adding a few new historic Grand Prix cars to the title as well as the delayed Silverstone DLC release.
  • Silverstone 2020, 2001, 1991 & 1975 DLC released.
  • F-V10 Gen1 class added.
  • Lotus 49C and Brabham BT26A added to F-Vintage Gen2 series.
The slightly delayed new update to Automobilista 2 has arrived, and it looks like the wait has been worth it, as Reiza Studios drop a number of new historic Grand Prix machines to the simulation, as well as publicaly releasing the Silverstone DLC pack and its four variants of the famous British venue.

AMS 2 Update Notes:

The new Automobilista 2 update adds plenty of free new cars, several developments to championship mode, a completely revised track limit penalty system, many AI adjustments along with the usual batch of improvements & fixes in other game fronts.

The track limit penalty system & regulations have now been completely revised to adhere more closely to real racing regulations and for better consistency. A more detailed explanation on the rules for track limits as of v1.0.2.0 will follow shortly.

This update also brings the home of British Motorsports to AMS2 - the Silverstone Pack features several historical iterations of the track through the decades along with its current layout - unique fast flowing challenges perfectly suited to the cars that raced on them!

AMS 2 Update Notes 1.jpg

This pack features 4 distinct versions of this legendary track from 4 different decades - 1975, 1991, 2001 and 2020; additional layouts for the main track in each era will be gradually added in future updates.

AMS 2 Update Notes 2.jpg

FULL V1.0.1.2 -> V1.0.2.0 CHANGELOG:

CONTENT

• Added F-V10 Gen1 class
  • Added Lotus 49C, Brabham BT26A to F-Vintage Gen2 series
  • Released Silverstone Pack featuring 2020, 2001, 1991 & 1975 versions (DLC package)
GAMEPLAY
  • Championship mode: Added Frontend standings table; Added race length scaling option; Added progress reset option; Fixed bug ensuring player vehicle respects championship configuration.
  • Added new track limit penalty system- no more slowdown penalties (except to give back positions), driver has a customizable number of track limit violations before being awarded a drive-thru penalty
  • Added penalty tolerance logic for when the cut occurs over grass/gravel or occurs after a contact with another vehicle
  • Decreased the distance in which a track limit violation invalidates the next lap
  • Track limit rules made standard for all racing sessions (whether single or multiplayer) for better consistency
UI & HUD
  • Added Brazilian-PT localization (Beta)
  • Fixed some situations where Championship was incorrectly identified as a Career championship
  • Added UI Pit Strategy screens (access via Setup screen)
  • Added Vehicle List switch option to Vehicle Selection page.
  • Fixed Time Trial info unit still showing old style in Minimal mode
  • Multiplayer chatbox now logs all messages over the session
  • Removed the fade delay from "Give back Position" HUD message so it disappears instantly when position is returned
PHYSICS
  • Reduced tyre speed effects on adhesive friction for all slick tires
  • Increased longitudinal slip (and reduced understeer as a result) for f-Retro, F-Vintage, Opala 1986 tyres
  • Adjusted F-Vintage Gen2 tyre width, diameter & gear ratios to match new official cars
  • Reduced engine inertia on all MRX engines
  • Adjusted front splitter pitch sensitivity for prototypes, GTs
  • Minor aerodynamical revisions for AJR, Stock 2020
  • F-Ultimate: Adjusted ERS charging & deployment properties (higher throttle threshold, more charging from full brakes) to minimise chances of battery running out over 1st laps
  • Adjusted car body friction & restitution (slightly less jerky when coming into contact with other cars)
  • Fixed Copa Classic CTD from missing wet compound tyre
  • Fixed Camaro SS 6th gear ratio
AI
  • Removed all "artificial" AI functions affecting their behavior in racing situations (minimises unpredictable reactions)
  • First-lap decision making on 1st lap introduced in v1.0.1.0 now applies to all race laps
  • Fixed AI tendency to put wheels on the grass on straights for no apparent reason during lap 1
  • Added initial version AI defensive driving logic (very subtle on this release to minimise potential issues)
  • Further AI refinements to reduce likelihood of accidents on lap 1, including logic for AI to be more careful when rejoining the track after going off
  • Adjusted DRS activation speeds for AI for Sigma P1 & AJR cars equipped with the device
  • Minor AI Grip tuning for Cascais, Hockenheim
  • Improved pitlane merge to main path at Hockenheim GP / National
AUDIO
  • Super V8: Muted PitLimiter sound for now until further code adjustments
TRACKS
  • Hockenheim 2020: Slightly relaxed high frequency road surface noise for a less bouncy ride
VEHICLES
  • Added F-Classic suspension animations & adjusted driver animations (all models)
  • Fixed F-Trainer driver hands position in 3rd person view
  • Stock Car Cruze 2020: Fixed chassis visual glitch
  • Camaro SS: Corrected mirror position
  • ARC Camaro: Fixed visual glitch on liveries 3,4,98,99
  • Puma P052: Corrected display RPM and Speed readings
  • Chevette: Windscreen reflection reduced
  • Stock Car Cruze, Corlla 2020: Added dynamic dirt & damage

V1.0.2.1 CHANGELOG:

• Adjusted range of allowed track limit warnings to 1-50
  • Multiplayer chatbox history no longer logs joins/leaves and limits history playbackwhen switching page
  • Fixed session overview leaderboard not filling in Multiplayer session
  • Fixed incorrect text on pit strategy back buttons
  • Adjusted F-Vintage body aero lift (all models)
  • Fixed VW Truck crashing to desktop when loading
  • Adjusted Ultima & Camaro SS tyres (stiffer tyre sidewall, reduced a speed sensitivity, stiffer front ARB and springs) & AI tuning
  • Adjusted F-Reiza tyre tread (better retention of adhesive friction at speed)
  • Decreased AI defensive lateral movement range to reduce chances of weaving
  • Minor reduction of AI brake grip
  • Minor AI performance callibration pass for F-Vintage, Ultima & Camaro SS
  • Adjusted AI wet tyre grip for Formulas V12, V10 Gen1 & Gen2
  • Silverstone (all versions): General art passes & added remaining trackside objects (including period accurate 1975 pit building)
  • Hockenheim: fixed trees popping up in the horizon of 1977 version
  • Incremental AI speed adjustments at Imola 2019 - Chicane T11; Kansai - T11, T14, T16; Spielberg - T1, T2; Donington - Mcleans (T7); Goiania - Chicane entry; Kyalami - T13, T16; Oulton Int - chicane entry; Santa Cruz - chicane;, Taruma Chicane;Velopark - Last corner.
  • Camaro SS: Fixed tachometer
  • Brabham BT26A: Added front suspension animation & texture, material updates
  • F-V10 Gen1:- Added material to sidepod intakes

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

MS 2 footer.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

Is it really fair to compare generic engine like UE4 that only provides graphics and audio options, and the rest you need to code yourself, with specialized racing one like Madness that in theory has everything to just add content you like.

Why is everybody comparing this to a scratch made game? Reiza didn't code the graphics engine, or the physics engine, or the audio engine, etc....
AMS2 is basically a standalone payware mod for PC2; kinda crazy that it would have this many bugs/rough edges months after an early access release.
Despite all this, they are known as

Hmmmmmm.......
I thought i had you on the ignore list years ago, time to remedy that!

Why is everybody comparing this to a scratch made game? Reiza didn't code the graphics engine, or the physics engine, or the audio engine, etc....
AMS2 is basically a standalone payware mod for PC2; kinda crazy that it would have this many bugs/rough edges months after an early access release.
Despite all this, they are known as

Hmmmmmm.......

And once again you prove you are a shill for Kunos. Maybe educate yourself before making outlandish claims.

Lets not forget the shitshow that ACC was at release. And is to this day in VR.

The game is progressing well and I'm enjoying a lot doing offline races in it. Some combos are really fun to drive.

The most important thing that is lacking to me now is a better multiplayer enviroment - it needs fixes and more features.

This game has a big potential. Reiza is aware of the things that need to be fixed, and of the features that the community want to be added. I have faith they will do it.

Is it really fair to compare generic engine like UE4 that only provides graphics and audio options, and the rest you need to code yourself, with specialized racing one like Madness that in theory has everything to just add content you like.

agree, all the other game engines don't provide a tire model SETA or what its called in Madness engine... thats the issue Reiza has to adjust it to their liking... Kunos had their own tire model brought to the Unreal engine or physics core data if you wanna call it.

I would love to have ACC on Madness engine but without hat tire model ;) As it would bring at least good VR performance back... but maybe there is a VR fix around the corner for Unreal who knows. :p

Last edited:
I

I feel exactly the same. More to the point, I don't see anything trollish about this statement.

If someone has spent hard earned money on a product that they feel falls short of expectation, what would you expect their opinion to be? Yet you ridicule it as "sh!t posting" because it doesn't line up with the popular opinion. Quite pathetic but totally expected.

The "AMS2 enthusiasts" on this forum have done more harm to this title than any bug or glitch.

Theres nothing trollish at all about it. People on here these days seem to love to attack others for having a different opinion to the one they have.

What would have helped AMS2 is healthy conversation where problems and issues are discussed openly without people having to defend every word but oh well, never mind.
The Reiza forums are full of conversations about issues and bug reports and Renato Simioni and other beta testers have often replied here, politely and trying to give answers.

Last edited:
But nowadays it seems that some have a very enhanced sense of entitlement, a decided lack of appreciation coupled with already prejudiced view because of the game engine used.

That's an assumption, you know nothing about me mate.

very enhanced sense of entitlement? Go on, I'm listening. I've lived in one of the poorest parts of the country all my life. I really don't feel entitled to that much.

a decided lack of appreciation? We should appreciate paying money for something selling itself as a simulator with physics that defy the laws of physics? I've already stated clearly in another post that i have nothing but love for Reiza after AMS1.

I have no prejudice whatsoever with the chosen engine. I fully understand the decision to go with SMS, Renato stated his case quite clearly. With this knowledge I made the decision to purchase with my own money. Doesn't sound very prejudiced.

The last time i picked up AMS2 within half a lap in a strange car, on a strange track, in a strange sim i was powersliding and drifting like a king...in an F3, hardly the drifters choice. There is something fundamentally flawed with the physics of this thing. More than just tyre adjustments or FFB.

But rather than start a conversation that might be useful for something, you end up wasting time and effort replying to people that feel you shouldn't bring an opinion to a forum. And then people wonder why its a hot mess with falling player numbers. Oh well, you can only try.

Edited to be less provocative. Bob

Last edited:
What would have helped AMS2 is healthy conversation where problems and issues are discussed openly without people having to defend every word but, never mind.
Which works both ways, in case you hadn't noticed. The discussion would also be "helped" if people didn't keep bad-mouthing AMS 2 based on nothing more than the history of a totally unrelated sim.

It would be further helped if people just stuck to their own opinions instead of criticising each other for having said opinions, positive or negative. There's nothing wrong with defending something you like from people who don't like it, and there's nothing wrong with criticising something you don't like regardless of how many people do like it. But when people start criticising each other, that's what turns a discussion into a pointless petty argument.

That's an assumption, you know nothing about me mate.
Speak for yourself. At no point was that comment by Kenny aimed at you personally, nor did it even suggest you fall into the "some" he was talking about. Yet you immediately assumed he was talking about you personally and get all funny about it.

That's another issue against discussion these days... "some" people insist on taking everything personally, even when it's blatantly not intended that way. :rolleyes:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 404 40.0%