Automobilista 2 | New Update, Silverstone And Historic F1 Cars Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed a new update for Automobilista 2, adding a few new historic Grand Prix cars to the title as well as the delayed Silverstone DLC release.
  • Silverstone 2020, 2001, 1991 & 1975 DLC released.
  • F-V10 Gen1 class added.
  • Lotus 49C and Brabham BT26A added to F-Vintage Gen2 series.
The slightly delayed new update to Automobilista 2 has arrived, and it looks like the wait has been worth it, as Reiza Studios drop a number of new historic Grand Prix machines to the simulation, as well as publicaly releasing the Silverstone DLC pack and its four variants of the famous British venue.

AMS 2 Update Notes:

The new Automobilista 2 update adds plenty of free new cars, several developments to championship mode, a completely revised track limit penalty system, many AI adjustments along with the usual batch of improvements & fixes in other game fronts.

The track limit penalty system & regulations have now been completely revised to adhere more closely to real racing regulations and for better consistency. A more detailed explanation on the rules for track limits as of v1.0.2.0 will follow shortly.

This update also brings the home of British Motorsports to AMS2 - the Silverstone Pack features several historical iterations of the track through the decades along with its current layout - unique fast flowing challenges perfectly suited to the cars that raced on them!

AMS 2 Update Notes 1.jpg

This pack features 4 distinct versions of this legendary track from 4 different decades - 1975, 1991, 2001 and 2020; additional layouts for the main track in each era will be gradually added in future updates.

AMS 2 Update Notes 2.jpg

FULL V1.0.1.2 -> V1.0.2.0 CHANGELOG:

CONTENT

• Added F-V10 Gen1 class
  • Added Lotus 49C, Brabham BT26A to F-Vintage Gen2 series
  • Released Silverstone Pack featuring 2020, 2001, 1991 & 1975 versions (DLC package)
GAMEPLAY
  • Championship mode: Added Frontend standings table; Added race length scaling option; Added progress reset option; Fixed bug ensuring player vehicle respects championship configuration.
  • Added new track limit penalty system- no more slowdown penalties (except to give back positions), driver has a customizable number of track limit violations before being awarded a drive-thru penalty
  • Added penalty tolerance logic for when the cut occurs over grass/gravel or occurs after a contact with another vehicle
  • Decreased the distance in which a track limit violation invalidates the next lap
  • Track limit rules made standard for all racing sessions (whether single or multiplayer) for better consistency
UI & HUD
  • Added Brazilian-PT localization (Beta)
  • Fixed some situations where Championship was incorrectly identified as a Career championship
  • Added UI Pit Strategy screens (access via Setup screen)
  • Added Vehicle List switch option to Vehicle Selection page.
  • Fixed Time Trial info unit still showing old style in Minimal mode
  • Multiplayer chatbox now logs all messages over the session
  • Removed the fade delay from "Give back Position" HUD message so it disappears instantly when position is returned
PHYSICS
  • Reduced tyre speed effects on adhesive friction for all slick tires
  • Increased longitudinal slip (and reduced understeer as a result) for f-Retro, F-Vintage, Opala 1986 tyres
  • Adjusted F-Vintage Gen2 tyre width, diameter & gear ratios to match new official cars
  • Reduced engine inertia on all MRX engines
  • Adjusted front splitter pitch sensitivity for prototypes, GTs
  • Minor aerodynamical revisions for AJR, Stock 2020
  • F-Ultimate: Adjusted ERS charging & deployment properties (higher throttle threshold, more charging from full brakes) to minimise chances of battery running out over 1st laps
  • Adjusted car body friction & restitution (slightly less jerky when coming into contact with other cars)
  • Fixed Copa Classic CTD from missing wet compound tyre
  • Fixed Camaro SS 6th gear ratio
AI
  • Removed all "artificial" AI functions affecting their behavior in racing situations (minimises unpredictable reactions)
  • First-lap decision making on 1st lap introduced in v1.0.1.0 now applies to all race laps
  • Fixed AI tendency to put wheels on the grass on straights for no apparent reason during lap 1
  • Added initial version AI defensive driving logic (very subtle on this release to minimise potential issues)
  • Further AI refinements to reduce likelihood of accidents on lap 1, including logic for AI to be more careful when rejoining the track after going off
  • Adjusted DRS activation speeds for AI for Sigma P1 & AJR cars equipped with the device
  • Minor AI Grip tuning for Cascais, Hockenheim
  • Improved pitlane merge to main path at Hockenheim GP / National
AUDIO
  • Super V8: Muted PitLimiter sound for now until further code adjustments
TRACKS
  • Hockenheim 2020: Slightly relaxed high frequency road surface noise for a less bouncy ride
VEHICLES
  • Added F-Classic suspension animations & adjusted driver animations (all models)
  • Fixed F-Trainer driver hands position in 3rd person view
  • Stock Car Cruze 2020: Fixed chassis visual glitch
  • Camaro SS: Corrected mirror position
  • ARC Camaro: Fixed visual glitch on liveries 3,4,98,99
  • Puma P052: Corrected display RPM and Speed readings
  • Chevette: Windscreen reflection reduced
  • Stock Car Cruze, Corlla 2020: Added dynamic dirt & damage

V1.0.2.1 CHANGELOG:

• Adjusted range of allowed track limit warnings to 1-50
  • Multiplayer chatbox history no longer logs joins/leaves and limits history playbackwhen switching page
  • Fixed session overview leaderboard not filling in Multiplayer session
  • Fixed incorrect text on pit strategy back buttons
  • Adjusted F-Vintage body aero lift (all models)
  • Fixed VW Truck crashing to desktop when loading
  • Adjusted Ultima & Camaro SS tyres (stiffer tyre sidewall, reduced a speed sensitivity, stiffer front ARB and springs) & AI tuning
  • Adjusted F-Reiza tyre tread (better retention of adhesive friction at speed)
  • Decreased AI defensive lateral movement range to reduce chances of weaving
  • Minor reduction of AI brake grip
  • Minor AI performance callibration pass for F-Vintage, Ultima & Camaro SS
  • Adjusted AI wet tyre grip for Formulas V12, V10 Gen1 & Gen2
  • Silverstone (all versions): General art passes & added remaining trackside objects (including period accurate 1975 pit building)
  • Hockenheim: fixed trees popping up in the horizon of 1977 version
  • Incremental AI speed adjustments at Imola 2019 - Chicane T11; Kansai - T11, T14, T16; Spielberg - T1, T2; Donington - Mcleans (T7); Goiania - Chicane entry; Kyalami - T13, T16; Oulton Int - chicane entry; Santa Cruz - chicane;, Taruma Chicane;Velopark - Last corner.
  • Camaro SS: Fixed tachometer
  • Brabham BT26A: Added front suspension animation & texture, material updates
  • F-V10 Gen1:- Added material to sidepod intakes

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

MS 2 footer.jpg

The new update is nice but there are only 2 vintage cars like the Lotus 49C and the Brabham BT26.
If you want to drive a vintage race on these nice historic tracks you have to take 10 Lotus and 10 Brabham cars in different liveries. The concept of AMS2 doesn't still convince me.

They have the generic ones to fill the gaps and, one nice thing to me, there are different shapes and engines for these.

One of my personal irritations is that the cars in a 'single class' race are random, so sometimes you may get a Lotus, other times you may not. I'd rather they make the genuine articles a tiny bit quicker and guarantee they appear and then fill in the gaps with the others (or better yet, let us choose opponents like Raceroom), but I think they do a very good job.

The Retro Gen 1 (3 genuine cars, 2 generic variants) and Vintage Gen 2 (2 genuine cars, 2 generic variants) are the main reasons I'm interested in the game at the moment, so I think they're doing a great job with these classes to say they have no F1 license. When they have a few more historic tracks (Spa, the Racin' USA pack and the Historic pack) the content will be a lot of fun.

This is such a personal preference decision. Is it worth 10$? depends on so many factors and most of them have nothing to do with the quality of the work that Reiza invested in this DLC.
I can only tell you why, at this point in time, I am not interested in it.
We are asked to be patient, waiting for the mountain of issues to be fixed by Reiza and to enjoy what we can in the meantime. I think it is only fair for Reiza to be patient as well, as I am going to be patient and wait for the mountain to transform into a mound before adding any more content to my AMS2 game. I may enjoy what I already have, or use something else altogether, as so many others do, judging by the attendance numbers from steam charts.
We all need to be patient, this is the way,
tenor.gif
no biggy. :D
Everybody else can do what they feel will make them happy.:)

Perfectly fair - we put out the products that we can and find worthwhile, you vote with your wallet if and when you agree - you even have a window to recall your vote if you come to regret it. It´s a good system :)

Generally speaking the community has indeed been patient and supportive of our efforts so far, and in turn there are things we can and have also been patient with - we haven´t charged existing users for the first DLC up to the point it was released - not an easy financial decision to make - because it seemed appropriate to balance out their support while the game was still going through growing pains; we also stuck with our Early Access pricing and not added the planned bump for the same reason.

Now we can´t, and have no reason to be patient or hold back releasing content for a couple of simple reasons: while you and others may not find a particular release worthwhile yet, or even have a negative reaction to a new DLC while the game still has work to be done elsewhere, fact is one doesn´t necessarily compete with the other; modellers and artists do their own thing, and we do have a large track team who are specially profficient - they can´t improve other parts of the game, and the work they are delivering now will have been comissioned months ago.

More importantly, other users do find valuable to have this content added to the game, and many loyal users who have already paid for it rightfully expect it to be delivered more or less to the schedule we proposed, and certainly when it´s ready.

So while you may be right DLC releases often create some level of negative reactions, by and large it isn´t a rational one as per the perspective above - we are even making the point of only releasing DLCs when the game itself receives a substantial update, to demonstrate one doesn´t necessarily compete with the other.

While I´m not sure we´d agree with the scale of the issues in the game as it is, it´s fair to say people are expecting to see improvements, and we have been and remain commited to gradually delivering them - we´re in this one for the long haul, people are welcome to jump in and out anytime they want :)

Now we can´t, and have no reason to be patient or hold back releasing content for a couple of simple reasons: while you and others may not find a particular release worthwhile yet, or even have a negative reaction to a new DLC while the game still has work to be done elsewhere, fact is one doesn´t necessarily compete with the other; modellers and artists do their own thing, and we do have a large track team who are specially profficient - they can´t improve other parts of the game, and the work they are delivering now will have been comissioned months ago.

Good to remind people of this. It is amazing to read some of the complaints for any game, not just this one, from people that have no idea how game development works. They all seem to think it is one dude slamming his face against the keyboard trying to pump out content and one thing negates work on the other.

why release DLC, if the game is empty, there is nothing, no career, no pilots, no online, 10 people online empty game, and you release DLC, it is not necessary for anyone, because there is no one to play ...

The game director just made a very eloquent case for this. Are you seriously coming back and telling him how to run his business? If this is the case, try proper punctuation, it might add weight to your argument.

The game director just made a very eloquent case for this. Are you seriously coming back and telling him how to run his business? If this is the case, try proper punctuation, it might add weight to your argument.

Yes, I'm serious, the game is zero and first of all you need to think about those who buy it,and this is not even a game, the usual mod for AMC1, why release DLC if there is no content ?

Simracers complaining for a change... This community is sometimes depressing in its insane and unrealistic expectations (want it all now !!!), nitpicking over this or that, and generally not understanding on how sim (or any complex software for that matter ) development work, in incremental steps. Sometimes I wonder if this entitled community does not just deserve sim racing to just collapse for good, or having no other choice than to lap in GT3 @ Spa for eternity. It would be amusing if one day, no studio wants to make a modern sim anymore and all is left is Gran Turismo 10 and Forza 15.

To play devils advocate here. I think most expect a V1.0 release of software to be a fairly stable finished product. We are also in a day and age where developers withhold content in order to create paid DLC. When we see a product released that is clearly beta and expensive DLC it does create concern for some. Is that "entitlement", or is it just expecting a working/finished product at release?

Edit: Keep in mind the above is not necessarily my view on the subject with Reiza and AMS2 or the game and the DLC. However, I do have an understanding on where some are coming from. How understanding would we all be if this was Codemasters or Electronic arts?

Last edited:
There are always discussions with pricing, doesn't matter the sim and the price itself.

The quality of the tracks Reiza is delivering, thinking of Kyalami e.g., is impressive. It's very close to the real one, even the single kind of trees seems to be chosen and placed properly. As I have ordered the full "package" of AMS2 I don't have to think of the costs, but it would be a no-brainer. 9€ is a common price nowadays and I believe you get it easily back considering all the layouts and the quality of the tracks.

Last edited:
If you are not in it I certainly wouldn’t expect your money, but something not being worth the asking price for you shouldn’t be reason for any reasonable person to try diminish the work and efforts involved in producing it :)

Don't feed the trolls, and hell are there many here:thumbsdown: When people are complaining about wrong driver-animations even iRacing has no animations at all other than steering (which took them many years) and they can't even animate fingers shifting a f-ing paddle-shifter, you know something is wrong in their heads.

Better do some official interviews or threads in the Reiza-Forum and talk about how this Madness Engine works, how complex (and IMO superior) it is etc.

To play devils advocate here. I think most expect a V1.0 release of software to be a fairly stable finished product. We are also in a day and age where developers withhold content in order to create paid DLC. When we see a product released that is clearly beta and expensive DLC it does create concern for some. Is that "entitlement", or is it just expecting a working/finished product at release?

There is no such thing as finished software, especially sims (and many large scale games) that never have been so complex to build, as expectations are enormous, much more so than in the past. There is just software that is continuously worked on, sometimes for years, until it is eventually abandoned.
That mythical finished sim released at 1.0 that ticks all boxes on day one and has zaroo bugs or issues does not exist.
So you have to adjust your expectations accordingly (which is not incompabible with having some), taking into account all the parameters, in particular that Reiza is a small studio compared to say Polyphony Digital (whose first release of GT Sport was super bare and highly criticized).

The track DLCs in AMS2 are not released as DLC for withholding content, but mainly because of the high cost of licensing these tracks.

Last edited:

Allow me to play defense to your devil´s advocate and take the bite one more time in this topic :p

While we´ve often aknowledged that our v1.0 fell short in some big ways (which have been since focusing and quickly making progress on), AMS2 is perfectly stable in 95% of the conditions and performs smoothly in most systems, and features tons of content produced to reasonably consistent standards; it also has rough edges still in need of polish, doesn´t get on with some systems, has a few limiting issues that compromise longer play times and room for improvement pretty much in all areas of the game.

Now if there has been a "v1.0" PC racing sim release in the last 10 years that wasn´t pretty much a similar mixed bag and got to set this ellusive v1.0 standard which we are now being compared to, by all means I´d like to hear it, because I played them all and don´t recall any :) They all took at least one year if not a lot more to mature into something representative of their true value. I do think we at least tried to be pretty deliberate about that being the case with AMS2 from the get-go...

Now in competing against the more mature versions of these games, you as the user is of course perfectly entitled to find AMS2 in need to improve to get your attention, but that´s a different sort of comparison .. I´m pretty confident in our ability to continue make quick progress - let´s see how that goes ;)

Don't feed the trolls, and hell are there many here:thumbsdown: When people are complaining about wrong driver-animations even iRacing has no animations at all other than steering (which took them many years) and they can't even animate fingers shifting a f-ing paddle-shifter, you know something is wrong in their heads.

Better do some official interviews or threads in the Reiza-Forum and talk about how this Madness Engine works, how complex (and IMO superior) it is etc.

I don´t think any of the people I replied to were being malicious - on the contrary I think they like the game and want to see it improve. I do think some of the information and lines of reasoning being offered were misguided, which is why I´ m happy to jump in and engage from time to time - it´s good sport ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back