Automobilista 2 | New Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed yet another new update for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation - adding plenty of nice improvements and fixes on their journey towards V1.0 release status.

In this latest build release, Reiza Studios have looked to address a few of the issues that cropped up post 0.9.6.1, as well as continuing the planned developments ahead of the simulation moving away from Early Access. Notable changes for this latest build include limited wiper animations for a number of cars, and some visual changes to the trackside signage on the circuits used throughout the Brazilian StockCar Series.

V0.9.7.0 Update Notes:

GENERAL

• Added custom pit speed limits per series regulations; baseline is 60km/h for national & club series, 100km/h for modern Formulas, 250 km/h for Historical content
  • Corrected series / class grouping and grouping within series so different models are sorted in the grid (when series feature cars of different classes) or randomized (when they are of the same class)
  • Disabled visual ghost effect in pit lane and pit exit

UI & HUD
  • Fixed vehicle info for F-Classic G3M1, G3M3, MRX

PHYSICS
  • Revised adhesive friction curve with velocity for all tyres
  • Reduced wheel contact factor (reduces chances of "exploding" collisions with wheel-to-wheel contact)
  • Fixed minor tread width innacuracies in F-Classic, F-Trainer tyres
  • Further areo revisions to MRX, F-3, F-V12, Ultima GTR (Road)
  • Further car-specific FFB fine tuning (max force, smoothing, scrub radius)
  • Further engine inertia revisions

AI
  • Reduced AI front buffer distances (AI is slightly less tentative when a pack of cars is ahead)
  • Reduced AI lifting off the throttle over puddles
  • Reduced wall check function (AI is less tentative when driving close to walls)
  • Reduced ranges for AI drivers inconsistency & performance loss from stamina over longer races
  • Adjust AI steer smoothing to improve pitlane mobility
  • Adjusted AI Grip multipliers for Velopark, Adelaide, Azure, Montreal, Londrina

AUDIO
  • Fixed AI engine sound position being on wrong side for seevral all cars.
  • Added dedicated sound effect for grasscrete material
  • Fixed odd ducking of sounds over curbs, lessened crackling on tyre sound effects
  • Improved sound in stereo mode
  • Replay onboard engine audio properly positioned.
  • Starting sound correctly positioned

TRACKS
  • Added Stock Car series trackside advertising for tracks in the 2019/2020 calendar

VEHICLES
  • Added wiper animations for Ultima GTR, Stock Car V8, Super V8, Sprint Race, Caterham Academy, Lancer Cup (WIP)
  • Fixed driver animation for F-Trainer
  • F-Reiza: Fixed bug restricting field to a single livery

Notes from the developers:

Another housekeeping update with Automobilista 2 now hitting v0.9.7.0, ticking off some more remaining must-haves for official release and rectifying a couple of errors from v0.9.6.1 released earlier in the week.

There are a couple of WIP developments in this build to take note of - while several cars now have working wipers, several others still don´t and the wiper animations does not yet quite match the water being wiped from the windscreen. This is just a result of the work here not being quite finished as of v0.9.7.0, all cars will feature fully functioning wipers in time for v1.0 release.

Another unfinished development is the placing of actual sponsors for the trackside advertising - only the ones in the Brazilian Stock Car calendar have received these updates so far, with all other tracks still to be updated with proper trackside ads for V1.0 release.

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

Automobilista 2 is available now on Steam Early Access.

Want advice on getting the best from AMS2? Start a thread in the Automobilista 2 sub forum and ask our community!

AMS 2 Update Notes.jpg

Last edited:
I have a pimax but i dont know if its AMS2 or Pitool (software pimax) but impossible to play VR without steamVr

Because PC2 Engine 3D (ams2 and pc2) need active option "parallels projection" because without this options display are double

the problem are this options (parallell projection) is fps killer

But for PC2 they have tricks
Create “steam_appid.txt” in the folder where pcars2 is installed and write 378860 in that file

And start pc2 with pitool (pcars2AVX.exe) and not need parallel projection :)

But AMS2 need steamvr :(

I have a pimax but i dont know if its AMS2 or Pitool (software pimax) but impossible to play VR without steamVr

Because PC2 Engine 3D (ams2 and pc2) need active option "parallels projection" because without this options display are double

the problem are this options (parallell projection) is fps killer

But for PC2 they have tricks
Create “steam_appid.txt” in the folder where pcars2 is installed and write 378860 in that file

And start pc2 with pitool (pcars2AVX.exe) and not need parallel projection :)

But AMS2 need steamvr :(

I think the steam appid for AMS2 is 1066890 so perhaps try typing that number in that file instead?

Beeing an minority of users with triples 1440p and GPU in SLI, for once the perfomance is best on market compared to others in terms of GPU scaling (not tried iracing). High settings, looks great and well optimized day/night/rain performance.

I'm losing track of where we're going with this now. Do we know when V1.0 is coming out please? And do we know if we're getting more cars with it? Sorry for what I'm sure is common knowledge.

I do like AMS2 a lot, but I'm coming to the conclusion that a lot of the car content is not really for me. The F1 cars are really beyond my skill level, and I'm not sure if I'll get into the vintage stuff (maybe?). Karts and trucks definitely aren't my thing. I do like the touring cars, GT cars and sort of like the stock cars though.

I'm losing track of where we're going with this now. Do we know when V1.0 is coming out please? And do we know if we're getting more cars with it? Sorry for what I'm sure is common knowledge.

I do like AMS2 a lot, but I'm coming to the conclusion that a lot of the car content is not really for me. The F1 cars are really beyond my skill level, and I'm not sure if I'll get into the vintage stuff (maybe?). Karts and trucks definitely aren't my thing. I do like the touring cars, GT cars and sort of like the stock cars though.

Reiza are on the final push, aiming for 1.0 next week I believe.

More content is coming for launch. Can’t say more than that I’m afraid.

Game is epic btw!

Did you make the changes to the config files to increase the sharpness? This is a must for VR. Clear as iRacing after this fix.

I edited these lines in both the dx11 & dx11vr graphics xlm files

<prop name="SharpeningStrength" sharpeningstrength="0.750000" />
<prop name="SharpeningClamp" sharpeningclamp="0.080000" />
<prop name="OffsetBias" offsetbias="1.000000" />

But didn't find the image to be anywhere as near as sharp as iracing.
I played PC2 right after with these settings as well, which looked better but still not as sharp.
How much SS are you adding on top of the sharpening and what GPU?

I played PC2 right after with these settings as well, which looked better but still not as sharp.

Personally I have been playing with MSAA at medium, Steamvr SS at 150%, MFAA enabled in Nvidia control panel and sharpening at the following:
<prop name="SharpeningStrength" sharpeningstrength="0.985000" />

I find it quite sharp considering the resolution of the hmd (Odyssey +) and it looks clearer than Assetto Corsa to me in most scenarios. This is with a 1080ti btw. Hope you can get some more enjoyment out of it after some tweaking. I also recommend trying out the custom force feedback files posted on the reiza forum if you're not satisfied with the default atm.

If you haven't tried them, the P3 Roco and the Sprint Car are both loads of fun.

Pretty positive my settings are different than that. I think the first value is 1.10000. I can check this evening. I am running at 100% SS in AMS2 with these settings and it is as clear as iRacing at 140% SS. I am also using a Valve Index, so maybe that has something to do with it.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000