Automobilista 2 - New Screenshots Reveal Additional Content

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS 2 Caterham.jpg

Some new images from the upcoming Automobilista 2 have been released.

Revealing the British Brands Hatch circuit, the wonderful lightweight Caterham plus an historic layout of the Italian Imola track for the first time, a new batch of Automobilista 2 images have surfaced on the internet today - again showing off the already impressive visuals achieved by Reiza Studios in their W.I.P new racing simulation.

AMS 2 Interview: Check out part 1 HERE.

Having been in development for some months now, AMS 2 very recently got its first public airing and the announcement has been met with generally very positive vibes from the sim racing community.

AMS 2 Brands Hatch.jpg

Using upgraded visuals thanks to the adoption of the MADNESS game engine, the new title is set to continue Reiza Studios tradition of creating ultra realistic racing simulations that feature a wide and diverse array of exciting motorsport content.

Again keeping with the core Brazilian theme for the new game, Reiza have confirmed that at least 75% of the content within the original Automobilista title will make the switch over to the new release - suitably upgraded and expanded of course - alongside a host of new licences that include the likes of German powerhouse manufacturer BMW, and the some of the iconic cars from the career of Brazilian three-time Formula One World Champion, and undoubted motorsport legend, Ayrton Senna.

AMS 2 Formula One.jpg
AMS 2 Historic Imola.jpg

Due to release in December of this year, it wouldn't be a great stretch of the imagination to come to the conclusion that the AMS 2 announcement is likely to be one of the biggest sim racing news stories of 2019 - and if the screenshots revealed today, coupled with the enviable reputation already well earned by Reiza Studios are anything to go by, this could be one of the most impressive simulations released in the genre so far.

The second part of our big AMS 2 Interview, featuring many of the questions raised by the community, will release exclusively on RaceDepartment in the very near future...

Automobilista 2 will release on PC December 2019.

For the latest Automobilista 2 news and discussions, head over to the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

they just recycle content they only upgrade engine this time and that all, i think all say if you want realistic graphics play forza sim dont need it wtf.

you don't content not sure final on release. ell-oo-ell, you play forza graphics for sim need wtf?

Forza a 'real sim', good grief, I've heard it all now :D :D Its far far more than the graphics here, but it sounds like your mind and fingertips are planted on your xbox's thumbstick's. And you have zero idea of what content will be there, what will be added and or what surprises they have up their sleeve. You don't show all your cards this far out, can you understand that?

if you wanna drive that caterham just play ams

Dude, people are talking about a car, a single one, there's far far more in this than a single car, are you aware of this?

iam still waiting the lastest dlc for ams

Well according to the interview pt1, you'll get 1 more then its full steam ahead on AMS2. Adapt or get left behind, your choice.

Project Cars 1 and Project Cars 2 suffered from crippling and game breaking bugs.

Have they been fixed? https://old.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/7killa/danneskjolds_running_list_of_bugs_big_and_small/

Why would I buy into a NEW game that couldn't even get bugs from the first fixed before they got put into the second?

(AMS is my favorite sim yet, but I've spent $150 total on 2 flaming bags of dog crap from Ian Bell and I'm very reluctant to do it again.)

That's multiple award winning, mid 80's rated, biggest racing game esport, flaming piles of dog crap I'll have you know :)

Last edited:
Well for me, the news of the SMS engine combined with Reiza´s sim is a match made i heaven. I am a true fan of PC and PC2. I am not a puritan sim-racer and PC2 gives me everything I could ever want. But AMS provides a different approach to a racing game, and I really like what they did with a very aged engine. That was truly amazing.
SO - having those two thing combined... blows me away. I cannot wait for it to be real. What a Christmas we will have.
I never took to ACC (so far) I know V 1.0 comes out today, and of course I am going to try it out. I purchased the EA version day one, but it have never felt... right... to me, yet. So my eyes are on the horizon now... for December.

I'm not the biggest fan of the PCars series by any means, but SMS decision to approach a tiny little studio like Reiza and give them the keys to their engine deserves props and should be supported.
It's a licensing agreement, they're not giving one of their competitors access to their engine and source code because they have a kind heart, they do so only because they're paid to do so, just like ISI was paid to license the rF1 engine for GSC and AMS and S397 signed an agreement to port some of the AMS content to rF2. This is a business, not a charity.

I know I'm stating the obvious and will most likely receive some downvotes for sounding cynical, but other than that, one right can't cancel all the wrongs that they (SMS) still hold to their account.

Project Cars 1 and Project Cars 2 suffered from crippling and game breaking bugs.

Have they been fixed? https://old.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/7killa/danneskjolds_running_list_of_bugs_big_and_small/

Why would I buy into a NEW game that couldn't even get bugs from the first fixed before they got put into the second?

(AMS is my favorite sim yet, but I've spent $150 total on 2 flaming bags of dog crap from Ian Bell and I'm very reluctant to do it again.)

Why not wait until the game is released,let Reiza fix the bugs & buy it 3 or 4 months after release if they are fixed..Why is this so difficult for people?Fear of missing out?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%