Automobilista 2 - New Screenshots Reveal Additional Content

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS 2 Caterham.jpg

Some new images from the upcoming Automobilista 2 have been released.

Revealing the British Brands Hatch circuit, the wonderful lightweight Caterham plus an historic layout of the Italian Imola track for the first time, a new batch of Automobilista 2 images have surfaced on the internet today - again showing off the already impressive visuals achieved by Reiza Studios in their W.I.P new racing simulation.

AMS 2 Interview: Check out part 1 HERE.

Having been in development for some months now, AMS 2 very recently got its first public airing and the announcement has been met with generally very positive vibes from the sim racing community.

AMS 2 Brands Hatch.jpg

Using upgraded visuals thanks to the adoption of the MADNESS game engine, the new title is set to continue Reiza Studios tradition of creating ultra realistic racing simulations that feature a wide and diverse array of exciting motorsport content.

Again keeping with the core Brazilian theme for the new game, Reiza have confirmed that at least 75% of the content within the original Automobilista title will make the switch over to the new release - suitably upgraded and expanded of course - alongside a host of new licences that include the likes of German powerhouse manufacturer BMW, and the some of the iconic cars from the career of Brazilian three-time Formula One World Champion, and undoubted motorsport legend, Ayrton Senna.

AMS 2 Formula One.jpg
AMS 2 Historic Imola.jpg

Due to release in December of this year, it wouldn't be a great stretch of the imagination to come to the conclusion that the AMS 2 announcement is likely to be one of the biggest sim racing news stories of 2019 - and if the screenshots revealed today, coupled with the enviable reputation already well earned by Reiza Studios are anything to go by, this could be one of the most impressive simulations released in the genre so far.

The second part of our big AMS 2 Interview, featuring many of the questions raised by the community, will release exclusively on RaceDepartment in the very near future...

Automobilista 2 will release on PC December 2019.

For the latest Automobilista 2 news and discussions, head over to the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

• Deleted member 909406

I'm not the biggest fan of the PCars series by any means, but SMS decision to approach a tiny little studio like Reiza and give them the keys to their engine deserves props and should be supported.
This is pure business and nothing more. This is a small step towards future takeover. This world is not what it seems. :cool:

That's not really additional content is it ? This content is already present in AMS1. More accurate way of saying would be smth along the lines "Beloved content from AMS 1 Brands Hatch, Imola, Caterham, Freiza confirmed to feature in AMS 2". :)

Seriously expected some exciting new, never before seen content (which this technically is, but not really :) ) when i read the title...just thought of it as a bit misleading. No offence.

But, then again, not anyone viewing your post is familiar with AMS 1, so my "complaint" may only be valid for us older Reiza fans. ;)

Caterhams are always great fun, be it in AMS or in PCars 2. Caterhams at Portimao has to be one of my favorite combos in PCars 2 and I'm sure Reiza can make the car even better.

roofless caterham in dark/damp conditions.....I think I'll keep that a sim-only scenario
First thing I though of when I saw the screenshot :) Of all the cars to present on screenshots in the rain, they chose the poor Caterham...

dont know why all the hype when reiza did it again Oops, they just recycle content they only upgrade engine this time and that all, i think all say if you want realistic graphics play forza sim dont need it wtf.

if you wanna drive that caterham just play ams

iam still waiting the lastest dlc for ams

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%