Automobilista 2: New Preview Video Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Not satisfied with the last Automobilista 2 video footage? Well wrap your eyes around this one...

Reiza Studios recently revealed a new comparison video of the developing Automobilista 2 simulation, showing the game in direct comparison to its older brother AMS 1, and featuring the work-in-progress Snetterton Circuit in the UK.

Despite obviously being a significant upgrade over the original title, many fans were a little underwhelmed by how development of Automobilista 2 looked to be progressing from a visual point of view, something that Reiza Studios have acknowledged when reading the comments section of the various articles featuring the July roadmap post.

Having another shot at wowing the crowds, Reiza have recently dropped a much improved video of the Ultima GTR lapping around the Snetterton track in various time of day conditions - and it's fair to say the visual improvements are considerable...

Capture has a higher bitrate which is more accurate to the game´s actual graphical quality" said Reiza Studios Renato Simioni.

Other differences in this new video include improvements to track lighting, updated road and foliage shaders, revised textures; smoothed cockpit model edges & updated materials; adjustments to audio code, rebalancing of engine sounds and various sound effects (also replacing a few placeholders used in the original video); updated physics and increased game graphical settings.

Should be stated perhaps that this still isn´t the most exciting car / track combo or settings to promote AMS2 which wasn´t really the point of the original video - obviously we miscalculated how closely people would be looking!

This is a better representation of AMS2 in its current stage of development but it´s still a WIP - things will change as we progress to release and continue to afterwards. Such is the nature of the thing...

So, what do you think?

AMS 2 Image 6.jpg

Automobilista 2 will release for PC December 2019.

For the latest Automobilista 2 news and discussions, head over to the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
ive not really been following if im honest.

big question I know, but we got a general indication yet on release? roughly?

I could look, but im being lazy I know

EDIT: im blind...it says December at the bottom. I guess the sight of a world title winning McLaren had me all worked up.....

cheers

Looks pretty good, tho still a bit murkier/blurrier when it comes to track/grass graphics than current AMS. It feels as if Anisotropic Filtering is set to low. Maybe it's the shaders or textures, or something else, but it's definitely still not as sharp as the good old engine.

I totally 100% believe in what the guy's at Reiza can do. Just look what the did with the G1 motor! This sim will be epic.......and I'll support them......BUT , still pissed that there can't be any mods / community involvement! It's the very reason why I stuck behind AMS , RF2 and AC. Modding community is a huge plus in any game / sim. You get some crap , but you also get a ton of great stuff in which a developer can't / won't put into a sim.

I totally 100% believe in what the guy's at Reiza can do. Just look what the did with the G1 motor! This sim will be epic.......and I'll support them......BUT , still pissed that there can't be any mods / community involvement! It's the very reason why I stuck behind AMS , RF2 and AC. Modding community is a huge plus in any game / sim. You get some crap , but you also get a ton of great stuff in which a developer can't / won't put into a sim.
Yeah! Just look at rF2- oh...
Just kidding. Mods are a great thing for a game to support. I don't, however, like it when a dev decides to make little or no good base content for a game while expecting the community to do it for them. That's why GTR2 was great, that's why FSX was great, that's why AC was great, that's why AMS1 was great. That's also why Xplane and rF2 aren't so great, despite being supposedly superior to the competitors (rF2's physics and tire model theory, Xplane's blade element theory).

However, if I was forced to pick between no base content + mods, or great base content - mods, I'm going with the latter- and that's why I'm still optimistic about AMS2.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.0%