Automobilista 2 | New Nordschleife Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have revealed some further preview images from their upcoming Nürburgring Nordschliefe track coming to Automobilista 2 in the very near future.
  • Nordschliefe update expected next week.
  • Nurburgring DLC remains free to all until Nords layout added.
  • Further game update expected alongside track release.
In the last few days Brazilian development team Reiza Studios released a sizeable new update and content drop for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation. Initially the key new content item of this build was to be the Nürburgring Nordschliefe and various alternative layout configurations, however further development time was required by the team, and as such initial release found itself delayed by a few days whilst finishing touches are applied to the track.

In typical Reiza style, in order to make up for the disappointment the studio elected to allow free for all access to the current Nürburgring DLC, until such a time as the Nordschliefe track is released fully to the simulation.

Well, that time is fast approaching it seems, and to help build the tension we've got a few new preview images to feast our eyes upon ahead of the as yet unconfirmed release date. So, feast away...

AMS 2 Nords 2.jpg
AMS 2 Nords 3.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios Twitter

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Nords 1.jpg

Last edited:
frankly everyone is talking about ai but ams2 is not a game where one makes a career in solo. this game is made to run in multi a real simulation nothing to do with a pc2 or pc3 you do not prefer to play with people than with a bot waiting for human reactions?
for me personally i find ams or rfactor or iracing are just made for those who want to play in multi.
for those who want to play with ia there are titles for his personal i found his ridiculous and it slows down reiza's work for real multi players

Come on man, not another "Simracing is only multiplayer" post.
I have raced in Iracing for 6 years and yes: it was fun. However due to lack of time and commitment I’ll end my sub soon. So I’m always glad if there’s good and capable AI available. It’s 2020 and it’s hard to believe that AI still hasn’t make giant leaps since the beginning of 2000.

newsflash bro - it's not all about you
You just trying hard to be funny don't you :geek:
And seems by the numbers of like's you've succeeded. Good job on that one.
However... I feel Sébastien didn't talk about himself. Actually... I think the guy who talks about playing the game in multiplayer
over the guy who talk about playing singleplayer (and in the process bashing the AI and the game as a whole) can hardly be accused for egoism. :rolleyes:
That's something you didn't take a second to think about.
But hey... it's all about likes and smileys, right ? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
frankly everyone is talking about ai but ams2 is not a game where one makes a career in solo. this game is made to run in multi a real simulation nothing to do with a pc2 or pc3 you do not prefer to play with people than with a bot waiting for human reactions?
for me personally i find ams or rfactor or iracing are just made for those who want to play in multi.
for those who want to play with ia there are titles for his personal i found his ridiculous and it slows down reiza's work for real multi players

Come on man, not another "Simracing is only multiplayer" post.
I have raced in Iracing for 6 years and yes: it was fun. However due to lack of time and commitment I’ll end my sub soon. So I’m always glad if there’s good and capable AI available. It’s 202

Me : Not to mention there's an offline championship tool and planned career mode

Sebastien Martineau : There's an offline championship tool and planned career mode?

Me : I said not to mention it!!!

Apologies to the late, great Benny Hill

frankly everyone is talking about ai but ams2 is not a game where one makes a career in solo.
1) What do you do when no one will join you on a server? Racing the AI is better than hotlapping, just driving around.
2) Not everybody has access to low-latency internet. If you joined my server here at my home, I'm sure you would enjoy warping around with a 750 mS ping due the satellite connection.
3) Career is coming soon. Nothing prevents us from making a career on a spreadsheet... rF2 players have been doing it that way forever!

Does LOD Z-fighting exist? I mean it sort of is, but i mean the object itself fighting against itself between 2 LODs?
That would be bad form. Normally the distant object blinks out and then the detailed one pops in as you close the distance, never letting the two coexist.

Most track builders rarely use multiple object LODs in that way these days. Barriers are low-poly objects anyway, so there's no need for detail LODs.

Last edited:
be careful I am not against the AI but between doing hotlap laps or playing with the AI I prefer to ride alone do the setup blame myself for the best times to be efficient in multi. in addition we can not compare a part in multi on ams2 which is just for fun with 6 years in competition mode on iracing which requires a very large investment. Me personally I just concluded by saying that I would prefer a finished game to polish in multi with just a hotlap and without IA.
the time taken by reiza to work on the ia could be put to finish their game. like having the true ultimate tire as in ams1.and for those who want good ia there is pc1 pc2 soon pc3 the forza.
for me assetto it's lost when we do a solo part with ia and career and to sink when they are passed on console

sorry for my English

Last edited:
Have you seen the multiplayer numbers? They need to focus on the AI just to grow the player base. as the base grows, the multiplayer will come.

Last edited:
be careful I am not against the AI but between doing hotlap laps or playing with the AI I prefer to ride alone do the setup blame myself for the best times to be efficient in multi. in addition we can not compare a part in multi on ams2 which is just for fun with 6 years in competition mode on iracing which requires a very large investment. Me personally I just concluded by saying that I would prefer a finished game to polish in multi with just a hotlap and without IA.
the time taken by reiza to work on the ia could be put to finish their game. like having the true ultimate tire as in ams1.and for those who want good ia there is pc1 pc2 soon pc3 the forza.
for me assetto it's lost when we do a solo part with ia and career and to sink when they are passed on console

sorry for my English

Some of us think competent AI is part of a completed game! Unfortunately you added that if we want AI go play something else.

Maybe the language thing meant it didn't come across as you quite meant.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

i resloved my issue with switching ffb type from default to custom. maybe custom is for dd wheels as default now seems more detailed and stronger? also to even set my wheel i had to set "custom wheel" in first tab of ffb settings. effect still is there but much weaker but overall ffb feels now more comparable to ACC

While I wholeheartedly agree that Nords in the rain is appropriately “Friday the 13th scary,” showing a new track in the rain conditions may not be the wisest choice. I’d be willing to bet that where one of the most epic tracks in the world is concerned, most people probably want to see what the track looks like a whole lot more than what the rain looks like. I guess we’ll know soon enough.

While I wholeheartedly agree that Nords in the rain is appropriately “Friday the 13th scary,” showing a new track in the rain conditions may not be the wisest choice. I’d be willing to bet that where one of the most epic tracks in the world is concerned, most people probably want to see what the track looks like a whole lot more than what the rain looks like. I guess we’ll know soon enough.

In fairness, the vid starts and ends in the dry, just with a very accelerated storm in the middle.

Well, the whole track can't be seen properly because of the rain during most
of its length, only 2 minutes from the start and 2 more at the end, but these
sections look great...

And the trees look very good, indeed. Is it me, or the Nürburgring track, the
GP layout and Nords, seem to have better looking trees, finer ones?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%