Automobilista 2 | New Nordschleife Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have revealed some further preview images from their upcoming Nürburgring Nordschliefe track coming to Automobilista 2 in the very near future.
  • Nordschliefe update expected next week.
  • Nurburgring DLC remains free to all until Nords layout added.
  • Further game update expected alongside track release.
In the last few days Brazilian development team Reiza Studios released a sizeable new update and content drop for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation. Initially the key new content item of this build was to be the Nürburgring Nordschliefe and various alternative layout configurations, however further development time was required by the team, and as such initial release found itself delayed by a few days whilst finishing touches are applied to the track.

In typical Reiza style, in order to make up for the disappointment the studio elected to allow free for all access to the current Nürburgring DLC, until such a time as the Nordschliefe track is released fully to the simulation.

Well, that time is fast approaching it seems, and to help build the tension we've got a few new preview images to feast our eyes upon ahead of the as yet unconfirmed release date. So, feast away...

AMS 2 Nords 2.jpg
AMS 2 Nords 3.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios Twitter

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Nords 1.jpg

Last edited:
By looking back at how long it took Kunos and others to make this track from the scratch, it will be just a rehash of PCars version.
I just don't see how realistic is to make a brand new one for a team of Reiza's size in such a short time.
what do you mean with "short time" .
Do you really think they started with Nordschleife 4 weeks ago, or do you have any internal information when they started? Even if they took the original from SMS it would not be possible to rework the NoS in 4 weeks to Reiza standards. I assume they're working on it since several months. Track creation is a bit more than a bit copy&paste.
So i assume just the fine tuning took them the last 4 weeks.

Last edited:
what do you mean with "short time" .
Do you really think they started with Nordschleife 4 weeks ago, or do you have any internal information when they started? Even if they took the original from SMS it would not be possible to rework the NoS in 4 weeks to Reiza standards. I assume they're working on it since several months. Track creation is a bit more than a bit copy&paste.
So i assume just the fine tuning took them the last 4 weeks.
It is very likely, that the Reiza Nordschleife will use at least assets from the pCars2 foundation...and i mean, why not...it's there and its fine. The inaccuracies can be adressed.^^

I think, it is really hard to build a reasonable discussion already about at which standards the track will be at the end, after seeing 4 screenshots...

Last edited:
I played the latest public build. It was much better than the initial release.
The AI has improved in it's general abilities since the first EA release sure, but the improvements in it's awareness of the player and it's ability to run closely certainly hasn't. You cannot have any confidence at all when running side by side with the AI on the approach to a corner... or even a straight, half the time.

What is your take on collisions with the AI when you are inside of them vs. outside of them approaching a corner?
Not a lot different, to be honest. I think it's more about where you are in relation to the AI's desired racing line rather than which side you happen to be on. I've had AI swerve into me on both sides on numerous occasions.

The problem you are describing is very much car/track specific combinations, on the tracks with AI optimised there are no so such problems.
If you do not want AI to crash you just trade a bit of paint while alongside them before the corner and they will know you are there, also when you go for an inside overtake do it decisively.
This is simply not true. I run all kinds of combinations and the problem is the same regardless of track and class used. "Trading paint" does nothing to "help" the situation (and certainly should not be a requirement, even if it did), as you'll be happily driving alongside knowing the AI knows you're there and then... BOOM, right before the corner it'll swerve into you.

The AI is kack, the worst among the sims I play by a long margin. Lots of work to do. I don't even bother trying singleplayer races anymore, to save myself the frustration.

I don't think the AI was this bad before - I've had lots of fun racing against them before the latest update. Sometimes they would PIT maneuver you, but no more than other sims or the average multiplayer lobby. After 1.0.5 they just ram you off the road constantly. It's especially bad in GT3/GT4 cars. I'm guessing something broke with the changes to the AI made in 1.0.5.

where is the second picture taken on the nords? I feel like its at the end of Hatzenbach but that can't be right when you look at the surroundings. Those tyre barriers do not make any sense, and neither do the fences.

• Deleted member 963434

i dont like ffb till last update. they said they enchanced feel under braking but thing is now when i brake wheel becomes so hard to turn, and force get low as i release brake, it feel to my like cheating cause now game forces me to trail brake, but its also unrealistic, i never felt such big resistance force in real car under braking and im curious if its realistic so i googled it and it looks like its possible if yo have damaged power steering in yo real car, but them most cars in ams2 have power sterring so it should not be a thing to force get so big under breaking, especially in gt3 cars as those have very strong power steering. i have 20 nm wheel and force set at only 30% gain and it become so hard to turn wheel under braking i can not take turn cause force is so strong, and i get tired fast. i dont think them real drivers there no muscled man they cant drive 3 hours with such strong resistance to wheel. like if tey would lower this "braking assistance" by half of it is now. i remember before update it was better. but what i like they really get rid of that dead center, now every car i can feel forces on center, before update some cars had huge deadzone at center. so tey improved center feel but ruined feel under braking and now game forces you to trail braking and thats not realistic.

• Deleted member 963434

so they improved center feel, now i can drive better and make slight turn of center and im still feeling car, but if i only touch brake slightly wheel trying to snap off my hand and return to center, it feels so weird

so they improved center feel, now i can drive better and make slight turn of center and im still feeling car, but if i only touch brake slightly wheel trying to snap off my hand and return to center, it feels so weird
Then you obviously have some settings tweaks to do. That's why they are there. Most people are now very happy with the FFB, but it's still very easy to screw it up with sub-optimal settings in the game, or, especially for DD wheel owners, in the wheel control panel/on the wheel.

The exaggerated effects from weight shift (some call it the pendulum effect) either side to side or rear to front from braking can be easily dialed out on my wheel. I can choose to have very heavy, exaggerated shifts (no thank you) or ones that feel incredibly natural. More natural than ACC or AC for that matter.

The AI has improved in it's general abilities since the first EA release sure, but the improvements in it's awareness of the player and it's ability to run closely certainly hasn't. You cannot have any confidence at all when running side by side with the AI on the approach to a corner... or even a straight, half the time.

Not a lot different, to be honest. I think it's more about where you are in relation to the AI's desired racing line rather than which side you happen to be on. I've had AI swerve into me on both sides on numerous occasions.

This is simply not true. I run all kinds of combinations and the problem is the same regardless of track and class used. "Trading paint" does nothing to "help" the situation (and certainly should not be a requirement, even if it did), as you'll be happily driving alongside knowing the AI knows you're there and then... BOOM, right before the corner it'll swerve into you.

The AI is kack, the worst among the sims I play by a long margin. Lots of work to do. I don't even bother trying singleplayer races anymore, to save myself the frustration.

As I do not have the time to test all kinds of combinations I quickly picked up one an did a race against AI at Spielberg in the Sprint Race car.
Not only I have not been pushed off track for nor reason on the straights or corners if you watch closely you will see:
- as long as you keep your driving line entering a corner no matter if you choose the inside or outside of the corner AI will give you space!
The problem here is that the space si not what some people expect it to be, like a few cars width! no it is just enough so if you go wide while divebombing AI will not move off track so you can survive!
- AI will defend the corners, again here the problem is quite a few people get it wrong thinking the best way to do it is to move on the inside and leave a couple of car widths and then surprise you overshoot the corner and you are overtaken easily on the exit of the corner. AI does it properly just leaves space for one car to pass and if you keep your racing line AI will not crash you.
After starting the race you will see with every chance I got I went side to side with the AI and after getting to first place I kept decelerating exiting corners so AI can catch up and we could go side by side on straights and through corners.
The video was only cut after I got to P6 as the gap to P5 was to big and boring to watch.
In conclusion as I said before there are car/tracks combinations that are good and fun to drive and usually those do not include new content as that takes some time to be optimized but good, fun AI races are doable in AMS2.

AMS2 want to deliver a lot of content and be a generalist game, but sukkkks on everything. The singleplayer is useless because of AI... the online is useless because it's all broken... the hotlap is useless because you can't "not share" your setup (I'm sick of spending my time under my hood to set WRs and them someone just use my setup to beat my own time... and, yes, it happened more than once).

Reiza MUST focus to polish this game. It's a fking opportunity wasted to deliver an A-Grade simulator. I defended this game a lot on this forum (and on Reiza's), but enough is enough and I'm not paying to be a free beta tester.

Most people are now very happy with the FFB...
Sure, which is why the custom profiles are as popular as ever. :rolleyes: It's great that you are happy now, but you don't speak for "most". The FFB is certainly an improvement on what it was, but it's still nothing special.

As I do not have the time to test all kinds of combinations I quickly picked up one an did a race against AI at Spielberg in the Sprint Race car.
No offence bud, but I'm going to use my 180 hours of racing AMS 2 as my yardstick on how good the AI are... not a single video made by you. I know what I'm experiencing with the AI in AMS 2, and it is not good at all. I'm glad the AI is meeting your expectations though. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.2%