Automobilista 2 | New Nordschleife Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have revealed some further preview images from their upcoming Nürburgring Nordschliefe track coming to Automobilista 2 in the very near future.
  • Nordschliefe update expected next week.
  • Nurburgring DLC remains free to all until Nords layout added.
  • Further game update expected alongside track release.
In the last few days Brazilian development team Reiza Studios released a sizeable new update and content drop for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation. Initially the key new content item of this build was to be the Nürburgring Nordschliefe and various alternative layout configurations, however further development time was required by the team, and as such initial release found itself delayed by a few days whilst finishing touches are applied to the track.

In typical Reiza style, in order to make up for the disappointment the studio elected to allow free for all access to the current Nürburgring DLC, until such a time as the Nordschliefe track is released fully to the simulation.

Well, that time is fast approaching it seems, and to help build the tension we've got a few new preview images to feast our eyes upon ahead of the as yet unconfirmed release date. So, feast away...

AMS 2 Nords 2.jpg
AMS 2 Nords 3.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios Twitter

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Nords 1.jpg

Last edited:
What is your take on collisions with the AI when you are inside of them vs. outside of them approaching a corner? With v1.0.5.x I have really only encountered the AI “ramming” or “hip checking” me when I am on the outside of them going into a corner. I’m just wondering am I simply lucky? Am I wimpy and not aggressive enough with inside passes to routinely induce collisions? Do I maybe run the strength or aggression too low to cause AI-induced collisions when I’m inside? Is the AI in v1.0.5.x maybe just much closer to being “OK” when you’re positioned inside of them than outside of them?

I’m not trying to make excuses for Reiza here. Even if the AI is suffering exclusively “outside” collision problems, its current behavior in those circumstances is still very much an issue that needs to be fixed. I’m just wondering if my recent experience with the AI is down to just how it’s behaving in the current major build or if there may be some amount of my own preferences, skill, or dumb luck involved.

I guess I should elaborate that I don’t feel the overall AI deficiencies are exclusively limited to “outside.” Just the likelihood of them colliding with you seems vastly greater (or a near certainty) there. I feel the AI is somewhat overly aggressive with taking away the inside line as you’re finishing a straight and approaching a corner. Enough so that it often causes them to be “excessively” slow through a corner to a degree that you should be able to go around them on the outside without too much effort. But of course, you run a very high risk of getting hip checked off the track if you go for that.

I have had instances of the AI colliding with me when I attempt inside passes in 1.0.5.x. As best I can recall though, those have pretty much all been “send it” moments on my part to a degree where a third party would likely forgive the AI if they were human if not outright blame me.

Last edited:
I guess I should elaborate that I don’t feel the overall AI deficiencies are exclusively limited to “outside.” Just the likelihood of them colliding with you seems vastly greater (or a near certainty) there. I feel the AI is somewhat overly aggressive with taking away the inside line as you’re finishing a straight and approaching a corner. Enough so that it often causes them to be “excessively” slow through a corner to a degree that you should be able to go around them on the outside without too much effort. But of course, you run a very high risk of getting hip checked off the track if you go for that.
That has been my experience as well. At least I don't remember ever being hit by the AI while I was on the inside of a corner... only when I'm on the outside.

I've had way less of these situations after the hotfix so from my experience I would disagree that there has been no improvement... but it still happens enough times to be anoying.

I'm more worried about the physics at the moment. Things are improving nicely on this area and I'm liking it more and more, but it's still not quite there yet to replace ACC and R3E for me. But at the rate Reiza keeps improving the sim it might not take much longer for that to happen :)

It would be interesting to hear from any Reiza Track Artists or Reiza Vehicle Artists who worked on AMS1 as to whether the development cycle / creation of Tracks and Cars is more time consuming and rewarding due to the up scale in resolution being more photo-realistic.....just wondering;):D

i wonder if it's going to be different to pcars version :)
AMS2 is definitely shaping up to be a decent sim
You can compare pcars Nurburgring with the one already released for AMS 2 :)
It would be interesting to hear from any Reiza Track Artists or Reiza Vehicle Artists who worked on AMS1 as to whether the development cycle / creation of Tracks and Cars is more time consuming and rewarding due to the up scale in resolution being more photo-realistic.....just wondering;):D
Well you can ask the guy who did all tracks for AMS1, he is working for rf2 now "The Lonely" Sawczuk :)!

What is your take on collisions with the AI when you are inside of them vs. outside of them approaching a corner? With v1.0.5.x I have really only encountered the AI “ramming” or “hip checking” me when I am on the outside of them going into a corner. I’m just wondering am I simply lucky? Am I wimpy and not aggressive enough with inside passes to routinely induce collisions? Do I maybe run the strength or aggression too low to cause AI-induced collisions when I’m inside? Is the AI in v1.0.5.x maybe just much closer to being “OK” when you’re positioned inside of them than outside of them?

I’m not trying to make excuses for Reiza here. Even if the AI is suffering exclusively “outside” collision problems, its current behavior in those circumstances is still very much an issue that needs to be fixed. I’m just wondering if my recent experience with the AI is down to just how it’s behaving in the current major build or if there may be some amount of my own preferences, skill, or dumb luck involved.

I have had instances of the AI colliding with me when I attempt inside passes in 1.0.5.x. As best I can recall though, those have pretty much all been “send it” moments on my part to a degree where a third party would likely forgive the AI if they were human if not outright blame me.
The problem you are describing is very much car/track specific combinations, on the tracks with AI optimised there are no so such problems.
If you do not want AI to crash you just trade a bit of paint while alongside them before the corner and they will know you are there, also when you go for an inside overtake do it decisively.

Not much has improved besides new content. Still the same usual problems. I will keep saying this again, game was very addictive on release but first DLC broke it. Stock Cars were so much fun, AI was one of the best. I could at least play the game while I understood its work in progress. But all that has changed now. Too many annoying things already stated here but I do appreciate the effort from the studio.
As for the engine itself I have no problem with it unlike others. Obviously this version of the Madness Engine is toned down just like PC3 so I am not impressed in anyway. Nothing beats PC2 visuals. Gt3/Gt4/Nords? Sure I will test and play that but so far the recent release of these cars need a lot of work. Its a step in the right direction but content needs more polish before release. I will kindly wait for December update, that is Make or Break for me.

Wow, the Cup car in the game responds exactly like the one in the video. I just got a chance to test the post-bounce-fix versions in 1.0.5.1 and the excess bounciness seems fixed to me (as advertised).
Of course any non-aero car will "bounce" when riding on a bumpy track like the Goodwood Hillclimb. The problem is that the high-speed damping in the AMS2 Porsches is insufficient/not working as it should and they continue to oscillate rapidly around in the lateral direction even after the real car would have stabilised (I tested this using a telemetry tool). On the GT3 you can sort of address this, but in the Cup and GT4 Porsches the dampers are fixed.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 200 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.4%