Automobilista 2 | New Nordschleife Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have revealed some further preview images from their upcoming Nürburgring Nordschliefe track coming to Automobilista 2 in the very near future.
  • Nordschliefe update expected next week.
  • Nurburgring DLC remains free to all until Nords layout added.
  • Further game update expected alongside track release.
In the last few days Brazilian development team Reiza Studios released a sizeable new update and content drop for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation. Initially the key new content item of this build was to be the Nürburgring Nordschliefe and various alternative layout configurations, however further development time was required by the team, and as such initial release found itself delayed by a few days whilst finishing touches are applied to the track.

In typical Reiza style, in order to make up for the disappointment the studio elected to allow free for all access to the current Nürburgring DLC, until such a time as the Nordschliefe track is released fully to the simulation.

Well, that time is fast approaching it seems, and to help build the tension we've got a few new preview images to feast our eyes upon ahead of the as yet unconfirmed release date. So, feast away...

AMS 2 Nords 2.jpg
AMS 2 Nords 3.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios Twitter

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Nords 1.jpg

Last edited:
any tips about setup ? i know it's personal taste but maybe some indication got a better feeling on track.
Thank you

mexxxx

I close the diff on power, release it on coast, go as soft as possible with springs and arbs and as hard as possible with damping, but I'm not a fast driver so take it with grain of salt.

Apparently I found a bug in my setup regarding traction control for GT3-4 (and probably all the other vehicles implementing such features).

The only way for fully disable TC is to set assist in the authenticity menu to FULL and then act on each of the options passing to OFF.

In this way finally it is possible to spin tires at will and driving (with some modifications to default setups) is greatly improved and much more convincing.

Interesting. I could not reproduce this behaviour with the Porsche Cup. Regardless of how the driving aids were disabled, I was able to do a burnout in 1st gear.

Did you test this in a particular car?

Apparently I found a bug in my setup regarding traction control for GT3-4 (and probably all the other vehicles implementing such features).

The only way for fully disable TC is to set assist in the authenticity menu to FULL and then act on each of the options passing to OFF.
Tried it with the AMG GT3. Drove it first, like you said, with the assists set to FULL and TC and ABS OFF, then again with the assists set to Authentic and turned TC and ABS off on the setup menu, and in both ways the car drove and spun on throtle the same, so I don't think you are correct.

In case some people haven't realized (not saying you haven't), in AMS 2 the TC value on the setup screen is inverted, so if you want zero TC you put it at 100% and if you want full TC you put it at 0%.

Yes, Cayman Gt4, Porsche Cup, all the GT3s.
I'm on beta build so something can be different but they should be aligned at the moment.

I'll see also if it may have something related to autoclutch (that I was using due to broken H shifter since some weeks).

Yes, Cayman Gt4, Porsche Cup, all the GT3s.
I'm on beta build so something can be different but they should be aligned at the moment.

I'll see also if it may have something related to autoclutch (that I was using due to broken H shifter since some weeks).

I tried your suggestion and even then, i was impossible to spin the Cup GT3, even in first gear with cold tires. So i guess there might be a bug where TC is always activated at a pretty high level with this specific car?

How often have you taken it round the notoriously bumpy 'Ring flat-out?

For god's sake. Just take the Cayman around any track and take a corner fast(ish) and the inside starts bouncing around on exit. You can happily think this is accurate if you like. I'll just leave the Cayman in the garage where it belongs until its fixed (if its ever fixed).

There are plenty of other cars that drive really nicely, I'll just use those in the interim.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 218 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%