Automobilista 2 | New Hotfix Update Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios deployed a new hotfix update for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation over the weekend, adding a nice collection of fixes and improvements to the PC exclusive racing title.
  • Further FFB tweaks.
  • Additional AI refinements.
  • Car and track specific changes.
AMS 2 Middle 2.jpg

Weekends appear to be no reason to take time off for the team over at Reiza Studios, following the release of another fresh new update build of Automobilista 2 - adding a fine collection of tweaks, changes and improvements to the simulation following the recent big V1.1.1.0 update launch from last week.

The latest build, developed as a follow-up to the main update, comes complete with a variety of improvements across many aspects of the title - particularly notable changes include yet further attention having been paid to the ongoing development of the physics and force feedback behaviour within the game - something that has undergone considerable attention by the Brazilian development team in recent months.

Other highlights from V1.1.1.1 include a healthy collection of AI improvements, with especially interesting attention having been focussed on wet weather driving and circuit / corner specific tweaks - hopefully resulting in a more refined experience racing against the AI.

The new build released on Saturday evening, and should be available to download the next time you restart your Steam client.

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

V1.1.1.1 Updates Notes:

GENERAL

• Reverted track base grip & range to pre v1.1.1.0 values (corrects Time Trial grip levels being slightly lower in the last release)
  • Track rubber state is now reset if session starts wet
  • Fixed race length being overwritten by active session length when sending MP Lobby data
  • Removed redundant / pre-release folders for livery overries
  • Fixed AI being limited to host´s car class in servers with high player:ai ratios.
UI & HUD
  • Fixed incorrect drive axle data on session on loading screen
  • Minor German localization adjustments
PHYSICS & FFB
  • Various minor default differential & suspension adjustments for all cars (setup reset recommended)
  • Slightly raised brake cooling rates
  • Reduced slick water dissipation further reduces slick efficiency on a wet track)
  • Increased drafting air scale (slightly increases drafting effects for all cars)
  • Raised F-Reiza FFB max force scale
AI
  • Fixed bug causing AI to be excessively slow in first session of a race weekend
  • Further fine tuning of aggression scalars per car
  • Further AI performance callibration passes
  • Further AI rain performance callibration with both wet & slicks
  • Reduced ARC Camaro AI CoG height to minimise chances of it rolling over high curbs
  • Added corner-specific AI performance adjustments: +10% exit of T8 @ Adelaide Modern; +5% exit of second last & last corners @ Spielberg GP; +10% Exit of Stowe @ Silverstone 91 +10% Entry of Luffield1 @silverstone 91 +10% Exit of chicane @ Silvestone 75; -10% Exit of Luffield @ Silverstone Modern; +10% Exit of Oak Tree hairpin & exit of final corner at VIR Full / Grand +10% Radillon & -5% Exit of Stavelot @ Spa
AUDIO
  • Fixed missing gearbox grinding sound for some manual cars that were missing it
TRACKS
  • Nurburgring: Minor art & functionality pass
  • Imola: Minor art & functionality pass; revised AI paths & trackside cameras
  • Goiania: Updated AI paths
  • Spa-Francorchamps: Added DRS boards at detection & activation points
  • More drones moves/removed at various tracks
VEHICLES
  • F-Vintage Gen 1&2: Added dirt / scratch map
  • Brabham BT26: Added dirt / scratch map; fixed rear wing livery overlap
  • Puma GTE: Added 3 new liveries
  • Ginetta G40 Cup: Updated liveries #10 #20
  • ARC Camaro: adjusted driver position, edited the cockpit to have more room for the driver feet, detached cockpit gear shifter

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Various minor default differential & suspension adjustments for all cars (setup reset recommended)

The pace at which this requirement is occurring is quite frankly becoming kind of detrimental to my enjoyment of the game. The reason is simple and has been stated multiple times before. Backing up and re-doing your setups remains a royal pain in the back side. I’m sort of thinking that unless there is an outright flaw with something in the defaults, then “tweaks” to them for the sake of optimization might be more palatable if they were held back and released less frequently. Not sure I would actually support that, but it kind feels that way every time I see reset to defaults being required.

Additionally, I’ll repeat what I’ve said in prior threads. This issue doesn’t even need to be addressed with full-fledged setups-as-files like we had in AMS1. Simply having something that exports your setups and their respective values to a human readable text file would go a long way toward making this situation much more user friendly to deal with. It could even be a “utility” that’s external to the game itself.

On the flip side, I’m most definitely thankful to Reiza for the overall continued pace on everything else. All the other items in this update are sincerely appreciated.

Cars feel better overall but A.I. can now no longer handle the rain, halfway through a race if it starts raining, forget about it, you've won, they just give up pretty much, can stay on slicks and beat them, so summits gone wrong there, but yep, enjoying the cars V much. Oh must try Spa again, see how the A.I. are there. A.I. racing apart from wetaher seems a little better. But this is the first update where i've noticed any kinda regression, in anything. Also Draft was reduced in last update which i liked as it was too much like hitting the magic turbo boost when behind A.I. before, after was better, but in this update its been increased again and is back to how it was.

The pace at which this requirement is occurring is quite frankly becoming kind of detrimental to my enjoyment of the game. The reason is simple and has been stated multiple times before. Backing up and re-doing your setups remains a royal pain in the back side. I’m sort of thinking that unless there is an outright flaw with something in the defaults, then “tweaks” to them for the sake of optimization might be more palatable if they were held back and released less frequently. Not sure I would actually support that, but it kind feels that way every time I see reset to defaults being required.

Additionally, I’ll repeat what I’ve said in prior threads. This issue doesn’t even need to be addressed with full-fledged setups-as-files like we had in AMS1. Simply having something that exports your setups and their respective values to a human readable text file would go a long way toward making this situation much more user friendly to deal with. It could even be a “utility” that’s external to the game itself.

On the flip side, I’m most definitely thankful to Reiza for the overall continued pace on everything else. All the other items in this update are sincerely appreciated.

Unfortunately or fortunately,

Reiza is probably too small to move forward even faster, other studios would have already stopped monitoring the game.

I can't even imagine those who are waiting for Star Citizen will have died of old age before.

Even if monster games will come out later, Automobilista 2 will keep its charm, exotic circuits and passion for detail that you won't find much in mainstream games.

I have only owned AMS2 for a few months & the progress on the title is impressive.The only problem I have is having enough time for Iracing,AMS2 & ACC!

Like PC2 the game desperately needs custom championships with AI you can easily change names & also easily paint the cars.Currently when you choose a nice car & set up a race,you have a good race & afterwards it kind of feels a bit flat & not very satisfying.

Cars feel better overall but A.I. can now no longer handle the rain, halfway through a race if it starts raining, forget about it, you've won, they just give up pretty much, can stay on slicks and beat them, so summits gone wrong there, but yep, enjoying the cars V much. Oh must try Spa again, see how the A.I. are there. A.I. racing apart from wetaher seems a little better. But this is the first update where i've noticed any kinda regression, in anything. Also Draft was reduced in last update which i liked as it was too much like hitting the magic turbo boost when behind A.I. before, after was better, but in this update its been increased again and is back to how it was.

I think they are using the Madness engine feature that AI will use a different rain driving line that can be calibrated to avoid puddles. It is to eliminate the "AI is crazy fast in rain and immune to puddles" issues in Pcars 1 & 2.

bad jokes makes no good comedian. :p

I admit.

After there are some games that when you restart them 1 year later, you find yourself with all the patch and DLC announcements displayed at the beginning, it takes a few minutes to finally get to play...

Fortunately this is not the case for AMS2 at startup ^^ it would take hours of reading.

Same for Rfactor 2, I can't even imagine the reaction of a person who played the game in the first hour and who only restarts the game today ^^, the change is very consequent.

still in early access/beta mode...
deleted the "sim" yesterday because im tired of deleting all the time the settings or adapt to a new driving behaviour of the cars/ffb.
cars sliding like driving on ice while the "AI" is not affected
etc etc etc...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%