Automobilista 2 | New Hotfix Update Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios deployed a new hotfix update for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation over the weekend, adding a nice collection of fixes and improvements to the PC exclusive racing title.
  • Further FFB tweaks.
  • Additional AI refinements.
  • Car and track specific changes.
AMS 2 Middle 2.jpg

Weekends appear to be no reason to take time off for the team over at Reiza Studios, following the release of another fresh new update build of Automobilista 2 - adding a fine collection of tweaks, changes and improvements to the simulation following the recent big V1.1.1.0 update launch from last week.

The latest build, developed as a follow-up to the main update, comes complete with a variety of improvements across many aspects of the title - particularly notable changes include yet further attention having been paid to the ongoing development of the physics and force feedback behaviour within the game - something that has undergone considerable attention by the Brazilian development team in recent months.

Other highlights from V1.1.1.1 include a healthy collection of AI improvements, with especially interesting attention having been focussed on wet weather driving and circuit / corner specific tweaks - hopefully resulting in a more refined experience racing against the AI.

The new build released on Saturday evening, and should be available to download the next time you restart your Steam client.

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

V1.1.1.1 Updates Notes:

GENERAL

• Reverted track base grip & range to pre v1.1.1.0 values (corrects Time Trial grip levels being slightly lower in the last release)
  • Track rubber state is now reset if session starts wet
  • Fixed race length being overwritten by active session length when sending MP Lobby data
  • Removed redundant / pre-release folders for livery overries
  • Fixed AI being limited to host´s car class in servers with high player:ai ratios.
UI & HUD
  • Fixed incorrect drive axle data on session on loading screen
  • Minor German localization adjustments
PHYSICS & FFB
  • Various minor default differential & suspension adjustments for all cars (setup reset recommended)
  • Slightly raised brake cooling rates
  • Reduced slick water dissipation further reduces slick efficiency on a wet track)
  • Increased drafting air scale (slightly increases drafting effects for all cars)
  • Raised F-Reiza FFB max force scale
AI
  • Fixed bug causing AI to be excessively slow in first session of a race weekend
  • Further fine tuning of aggression scalars per car
  • Further AI performance callibration passes
  • Further AI rain performance callibration with both wet & slicks
  • Reduced ARC Camaro AI CoG height to minimise chances of it rolling over high curbs
  • Added corner-specific AI performance adjustments: +10% exit of T8 @ Adelaide Modern; +5% exit of second last & last corners @ Spielberg GP; +10% Exit of Stowe @ Silverstone 91 +10% Entry of Luffield1 @silverstone 91 +10% Exit of chicane @ Silvestone 75; -10% Exit of Luffield @ Silverstone Modern; +10% Exit of Oak Tree hairpin & exit of final corner at VIR Full / Grand +10% Radillon & -5% Exit of Stavelot @ Spa
AUDIO
  • Fixed missing gearbox grinding sound for some manual cars that were missing it
TRACKS
  • Nurburgring: Minor art & functionality pass
  • Imola: Minor art & functionality pass; revised AI paths & trackside cameras
  • Goiania: Updated AI paths
  • Spa-Francorchamps: Added DRS boards at detection & activation points
  • More drones moves/removed at various tracks
VEHICLES
  • F-Vintage Gen 1&2: Added dirt / scratch map
  • Brabham BT26: Added dirt / scratch map; fixed rear wing livery overlap
  • Puma GTE: Added 3 new liveries
  • Ginetta G40 Cup: Updated liveries #10 #20
  • ARC Camaro: adjusted driver position, edited the cockpit to have more room for the driver feet, detached cockpit gear shifter

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Good game but very bad for using OSW and thats a shame , only good settings for belt drive , thats imo
You do know that there are probably 50 versions of custom-ffb profiles, right? Most have 3 sub-versions with the "High end" one being for DD-wheels. A good place to start is Here.

Karsten's custom-ffb files are excellent but, there are more in that thread and at least one other thread that should satisfy just about anyone. The Heavy Messing versions are popular as well.

i tested many of karstens files (using SC2 Pro here) and every time the feeling is different.
in some parts better and then in others not.
in ACC i only got the gain on 45% (+/-) and im done, and there is no need to change or test it after a update again and again.

i tested many of karstens files (using SC2 Pro here) and every time the feeling is different.
in some parts better and then in others not.
in ACC i only got the gain on 45% (+/-) and im done, and there is no need to change or test it after a update again and again.

I agree. Why waste time tasting fine wines when tap water is available.

nothing wrong with tasting other stuff.
but when you rebuy and its not the same anymore...
before Reiza did the first "FFB" overhaul i got NuScorpiis 2.5 file and it was fantastic (even on my previous Lenze/Argon DD system).
and then Reiza did the "re work"
:(

I would actually agree on this. Before the New Default, I had a nice custom FFB that stopped working properly so it felt like a downgrade to me too. But then someone pointed me to Silver Raw v31, which I would say is better on the G29 than anything else I've felt in AMS2. Of course this won't translate to other wheelbases, but the potential to get good FFB is out there.

In the future, I wish Reiza would adopt wheelbase-specific defaults based on some of the popular custom FFB files. "One size fits all" really isn't a good solution and not everyone has hours to spend tweaking and tuning their FFB.

Unfortunately... I can't setup my Fanatec CSL 2.5 and pedals following the last update. It is not recognised.

I checked their forums and I'm not the only one apparently, but the studio is not providing support. It's a shame.

Any one has any clue to solve this problem?

The other game that I can't play is RF2, and the studio does not provide support either.

I'm really keen to support small size team and purchase content from them, but there is no point supporting them if they don't even provide a minimum of tech support and fixes. For this reason, I'm leaning towards Kunos as they are more efficient at supporting the community (not only with new content).

Unfortunately... I can't setup my Fanatec CSL 2.5 and pedals following the last update. It is not recognised.

I checked their forums and I'm not the only one apparently, but the studio is not providing support. It's a shame.

Any one has any clue to solve this problem?

The other game that I can't play is RF2, and the studio does not provide support either.

I'm really keen to support small size team and purchase content from them, but there is no point supporting them if they don't even provide a minimum of tech support and fixes. For this reason, I'm leaning towards Kunos as they are more efficient at supporting the community (not only with new content).
Did you mean CSW 2.5(not aware of CSL 2.5 but I could be wrong)? I have CSW 2.5 hardware without issues on either SIM you mention. I've heard others recommend using "custom" profile in the controller setup menu and map there as opposed to the default Fanatec CSW 2.5 profile. Maybe give that a shot.

Don't know what's different but the last update (maybe the fix dunno as it could be the latest update just before it) has made a few of the cars less grippy me and tad more likely to slide out of control - but i'm not the best of racers tbh so could be driver error. The update before that everything was driving like a dream for me - not Reiza's fault as its the norm' by steam but hate having updates forced upon, just wish I could go back. But as per usual next update will sort it.

Also I hade a mate (whose an AC fanatic) who tried AMS2 on my rig about 6-7 months back and he hated it and was of the opinion it was doomed to failure. Now he admits it's a night and day difference and admits he was wrong and it's vastly improved and so much so, he now thinks it's the future sim'. Just thought I'd share that pointless point.

Last edited:
Don't know what's different but the last update (maybe the fix dunno as it could be the latest update just before it) has made a few of the cars less grippy me and tad more likely to slide out of control - but i'm not the best of racers tbh so could be driver error. The update before that everything going was driving like a dream for me - not Reiza's fault as its the norm' by steam but hate having updates forced upon, just wish I could go back. But as per usual next update will sort it.

The last update reduced the initial grip levels in all sessions, although the track state now carries over from session to session. So for an offline race, you do want to run a practice and quali instead of just jumping into the race. It also depends on the track - I could swear Silverstone (my go to test track for faster cars) has gotten a lot slippier. The P1/P2 prototypes now spin their tyres everywhere there, even with TC on, whereas at Spa they are just fine. The grip level dependence on track temperature seems exaggerated to me in general, and that could lead to a sensation of randomly fluctuating grip levels.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%