Automobilista 2 | New Hotfix Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed a new hotfix update for Automobilista 2 - adding a number of fixes and improvements to the simulation.

Hotfix update time for Automobilista 2 players... a new build is now available to download for the PC racing simulation, and with it comes a nice collection of updates that include yet further enhancements to the AI behaviour, some changes to various cars and most importantly of all - a reduction in the 'bumpiness' experienced by many players with the new Porsche content within the game.

Hotfix Update 1.0.5.1 Notes:
  • Small improvements to the logic of AI to avoid invading of human line on straights when far from curves
  • Fixed non-linear bumpstop code
  • Revised suspension for Porsches
  • Revised Mclaren 720S GT3 aero, brakes & drivetrain
  • Revised Mclaren 570S aero & brakes
  • Revised GT3 / Prototype tire tread for slightly more longitudinal slip
  • Corrected Mclaren 720S stats & onboard cameras
  • Updated volumes of all Porsche GT3 / Cup cars and minor improvements to GT3-R sound set
  • Nurburgring: Smoothed harsh road bumps along the pit lane entrance; conform some overlay mainly in pit lane region (road line, kerb verge, grass verge, road seam) fixed some tyrewall Z fighting & some object LOD popping; reorganized bollard/cone for Veedol chicane layout; Minor Art pass
  • Goania: Minor art pass

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

The AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is a great place to hang out and discuss the simulation with your fellow sim racing fans. Head over, say hello and come join in the action - start a new thread today!

AMS 2 1.jpg

Last edited:
A. It's not a game, it's a simulator.
B. See if you can plug your gamepad into your real car and make it enjoyable...

Furthermore... let's imagine that you'd be able to do that with IRL cars. Plug in a gamepad and drive them.

Who in their right mind would try to drive at high speeds? Sounds very very suicidal. The accuracy of the steering input (and lack of tyre feedback) would not be enough to drive a racecar 200-300 km/h safely, no matter how well the "controls" would be "implemented".

So if you think about it... wouldn't a "good gamepad support" mean the simulator is actually bad?

Because it wouldn't be simulating much. Yeah, it can be made drivable with additional assists, but then it indeed enters the game territory, moving away from the simulator territory. For that particular user

You can continue to argue that these simulators are just "games" but they actually aren't... they are consumer level simulators. And also used by many motorsport professionals to practice. For example Wolfgang Reip rates AMS1 very highly in terms of realism. Don't know what he thinks about AMS2

No, they aren't 100% realistic, but they are in the right ballpark. And that ballpark isn't a place, where a gamepad would be the ideal control method

Last edited:
any g29 recommendations for ffb?
In general to dial it in (G27 experiences though and it's always personal preference, so play with it a bit):

Always start looow in AMS2 with gain (don't go over 50 with Logitech wheels to start with, but maybe you enjoy a tad more after all) and try not to use any damping for the start.

Low Force Boost start at 0 and incrementally go higher by 5-10% each time until it gives better detail, then maybe fine tuning for the own brain placebo :D, less floppiness in the center range and maybe it feels good for you.^^

Last edited:
Agree... at least just having a maximum of 1 helicopter per track would be better. Doing a solo practice with 3 or 4 helicopters flying over me is just very silly.

It's alright for me, but I would much prefer animations of some people waving flags
in the grandstands, these would bring more life to the Sim. A few flashing lights
here and there help too for immersion.

Make sure you test with a fresh setup. Afaik, with a previously saved setup you could still have issues. This is generally advisable with updated cars, but I think Renato mentioned this specifically again on the beta forum.
This raises a moderately annoying UI issue which I don’t recall seeing mentioned before. When you click the reset to defaults button, the values of the settings do indeed reset but the Setup Name and Setup Description remain the same as they were instead of changing to something like <Defaults> as AMS 1 did. It’s not a huge deal by any means but something I would definitely like to see addressed when time allows for work on “core game” issues.

I come back now from a long test with the porsche gt3 in imola
three laps with the most rigid setup
three laps with the softest setup
three laps with the most rigid setup, again.

the final three rigid laps served me to understand if it was me who was getting used to my mechanical memory

the results, as I had already noticed with the Mp4/12, is that the setup changes seem to have no effect on the drive.
When I speak of a more rigid setup, I really mean to have all the stiffest springs, the lowest heights from the ground.
and when I speak of softer setup I mean the exact opposite.
the times were all in the order of 5 tenths regardless of the setup and almost all derived from errors or more correct trajectories.

but I modified the setup heavily and I should have noticed marked changes in the drive.

instead nothing.
the porsche was more or less the same, a bit less jumping on the kerbs with the rigid setup, but something unnoticeable.

I don't know guys, this thing that the setup doesn't affect the behavior of the car makes me very sad.

Can you try it too?
(please, no fan war)

Last edited:
I come back now from a long test with the porsche gt3 in imola
three laps with the most rigid setup
three laps with the softest setup
three laps with the most rigid setup, again.

the final three rigid laps served me to understand if it was me who was getting used to my mechanical memory

the results, as I had already noticed with the Mp4/12, is that the setup changes seem to have no effect on the drive.
When I speak of a more rigid setup, I really mean to have all the stiffest springs, the lowest heights from the ground.
and when I speak of softer setup I mean the exact opposite.
the times were all in the order of 5 tenths regardless of the setup and almost all derived from errors or more correct trajectories.

but I modified the setup heavily and I should have noticed marked changes in the drive.

instead nothing.
the porsche was more or less the same, a bit less jumping on the kerbs with the rigid setup, but something unnoticeable.

I don't know guys, this thing that the setup doesn't affect the behavior of the car makes me very sad.

Can you try it too?
(please, no fan war)
Fundamental flaws like bouncyness could be likely to remain also with changed setups, but setup changes in general should make a lot of a difference in AMS2. (Besides diff changes, that can still be a hit&miss sometimes).
The Ginetta G55 for example does react extremely different in dynamics and pace, depending on setup here.

Maybe GT3 class is different in this regard for some reason though.
I may be able to do testing by myself in the next days, waiting for my main wheelbase to arrive here, after having an RMA.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 393 40.1%