Automobilista 2 | New Hotfix Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed a new hotfix update for Automobilista 2 - adding a number of fixes and improvements to the simulation.

Hotfix update time for Automobilista 2 players... a new build is now available to download for the PC racing simulation, and with it comes a nice collection of updates that include yet further enhancements to the AI behaviour, some changes to various cars and most importantly of all - a reduction in the 'bumpiness' experienced by many players with the new Porsche content within the game.

Hotfix Update 1.0.5.1 Notes:
  • Small improvements to the logic of AI to avoid invading of human line on straights when far from curves
  • Fixed non-linear bumpstop code
  • Revised suspension for Porsches
  • Revised Mclaren 720S GT3 aero, brakes & drivetrain
  • Revised Mclaren 570S aero & brakes
  • Revised GT3 / Prototype tire tread for slightly more longitudinal slip
  • Corrected Mclaren 720S stats & onboard cameras
  • Updated volumes of all Porsche GT3 / Cup cars and minor improvements to GT3-R sound set
  • Nurburgring: Smoothed harsh road bumps along the pit lane entrance; conform some overlay mainly in pit lane region (road line, kerb verge, grass verge, road seam) fixed some tyrewall Z fighting & some object LOD popping; reorganized bollard/cone for Veedol chicane layout; Minor Art pass
  • Goania: Minor art pass

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

The AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is a great place to hang out and discuss the simulation with your fellow sim racing fans. Head over, say hello and come join in the action - start a new thread today!

AMS 2 1.jpg

Last edited:
Just did a 30 min race with the Porsche Cup on Curitiba to test the AI, and I have to say it was more enjoyable than any of the many AI races I've done in ACC so far.

The AI didn't hesitate to pass me if I gave them the chance, they kept overtaking and changing positions between themselves constantly, and the field of cars grew into a natural believable spread after a time, unlike in ACC where AI cars all remain very close to each other from beginning to end of a race unless you disturb their pace. It was a very sweatty and very immersive race.

There was plenty of side-by-side action during the race, sometimes between me and the AI, other times with AI cars amongst themselves, often going into corners this way and with no major accidents except for one single time near the end of the race when two AI cars bumped each other on a corner exit and one of them ended up mowing the grass.

I did notice a few times when the AI would do some jerky steering corrections left and right in a sudden way that Reiza should look into, and I'm sure they will, but that was the only negative I saw from the AI during the 30 min race.

It might be that I just landed on a particularly good car/track combo for the AI, but that doesn't take away from how good it was :)

EDIT: I used 95 AI strenght (becouse I'm slow) and 90 agression, if anyone wants to know.

Last edited:
I never jump on people asking about gamepads primarily because of sim racers with disabilities. There are those for whom wheel/pedals are not feasible and it would be ideal if they could enjoy sims, too. There of course also those with space and budgetary constraints that prevent them from using wheel/pedals.

On the other hand, there are many (very popular) racing games that have always been "gamepad first" titles (Forza, Gran Turismo, F1 series, every arcade title ever made, etc), so I also fully support (and encourage) sim devs being wheel first and treating gamepad support as nice to have.

I never jump on people asking about gamepads primarily because of sim racers with disabilities. There are those for whom wheel/pedals are not feasible and it would be ideal if they could enjoy sims, too. There of course also those with space and budgetary constraints that prevent them from using wheel/pedals.

On the other hand, there are many (very popular) racing games that have always been "gamepad first" titles (Forza, Gran Turismo, F1 series, every arcade title ever made, etc), so I also fully support (and encourage) sim devs being wheel first and treating gamepad support as nice to have.

Or if you have a small desk without wheel stand, taking the wheel out and set it up each time is really no fun. Sometimes, I just use gamepad instead.

Can anybody share ffb settings for Fanatec dd1 or dd2? I always run the recommended settings from fanatec, but until now they are not updated to the new ffb. i have no clue about all the settings and always happy with the recommended settings.

Ingame and tuningmenu settings would be nice.

Hi guys,
It's getting better and better, the Porsche cup deserve a little bit of work, but it's in the good way !

At 120% the AI are surprisingly clean, which is great (still some direction change that are a bit harsh)
The level still varies a lot depending on the track and car.

Cheers,
Donnie

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%