Automobilista 2 | New Hotfix 1.1.1.3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed another new hotfix build to Automobilista 2, addressing several areas of the simulation as they reach version 1.1.1.3 release status.
  • New update adds further physics improvements.
  • Time trial fixes.
  • Minor track and car content tweaks.
Another Automobilista 2 update is here ahead of the weekend, and once again the team over at Reiza Studios have done a fantastic job of addressing a wide range of different aspects within the simulation, as they continue to rapidly develop the title on a number of important fronts.

The new hotfix release deployed today comes off the back of the recent 1.1.1.1 release from last weekend, and is again packed with very useful tweaks and improvements to the title, the full list of which can be found in the update notes below.

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

AMS 2 V1.1.1.3 Update Notes:

UI & HUD

• Fixed Time Trial info incorrectly hiding current lap time in live sessions
  • Adjusted element/text size of audio device and controller model selection inputs to better suit long names
  • Exposing assignments for Gear 7 & 8 and Telemetry HUD mode switching
  • Added GT1 and G40C to vehicle filter definitions
PHYSICS
  • Further substantial reduction of slick adhesion on a wet track
  • Further adjustments to wet tires for various cars
  • Disabled legacy manifold pressure function (now solely using our own AMS1-based throttle mapping to adjust throttle response for each engine)
  • Disabled redundant legacy function applying aero torque to the frontend when car was airborne (could cause cars to nosedive after getting airborne)
  • Further adjusted aero draft effects
  • Corrected tire tread dimensions for Copa Classic, F-Trainer
  • Fixed error in Group A / Procar front tire tread
  • Fixed error in F-Ultimate tires speed effect
  • Adjusted tire tread optimal temperature range for Caterhams, ARC Camaro, Copa Truck
  • Minor default setup adjustments for Metalmoro AJR, Sigma P1, Metalmoro MRX, Roco 001, Mclaren 570S, Mclaren 720S GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3, Porsche GT3-R, Porsche Cup & all Copa Classic cars (setup reset recommended)
  • Metalmoro AJR: Small aero revisions; adjusted engine compression curves for Nissan V6 & Honda Turbo variants; Disabled redundant DRS icon for Nissan V6 & Honda turbo variants
  • Slightly reduced crankshaft mass for F-Trainers, MCR, ARC Camaro (less engine inertia)
  • F-Retro: Small aero revisions to all cars
  • Disabled AJR DRS icon for V6, Honda variants
  • Reduced F1 pitstop tire change timings
AI
  • Added car-specific overrides for AI performance on a wet track (on slicks & wet tires) & added new parameter to callibrate AI performance with wet tires on a drying track
  • Further AI callibration passes
  • Further slightly reduced AI CoG height scale to minimise chances of AI cars rolling over high curbs
  • Slightly raised AI lateral movement rate for overtaking & passing boosts (to mitigate getting stuck on straights)
  • Slightly reduced AI braking point offset
  • Reduced AI lifting off throttle over puddles to 50%
  • Slightly increased range of performance from AI drivers
TRACKS
  • Nurburgring: Minor art pass & fixes
  • Revised VR trackside cams at Silverstone & Spa-Francorchamps to disable DOF blur (ongoing process to be applied to all tracks)
  • Further weather probability adjustments (slightly less rain in rainy locations)
VEHICLES
  • Fixed missing wiper animations on Ginetta G40 Cup & Ginetta G55 GT4
  • Added Dirt/Scratch map for F-Retros, Lotus 72E, Mclaren M23 & Brabham BT44
  • Analogue gauges now light up when lights are on

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations Reiza. It became one of my top three simulators easily.
Even tough, still having problems with open wheel cars "shaking" when i brake down till it stops...

The braking behavior (and the dreaded suspension "bounce") on a lot of the cars is still very...odd. It's the primary reason I don't spend as much time in the sim as I'd like. I'm sure it'll be addressed as they continue to refine the physics.

The braking behavior (and the dreaded suspension "bounce") on a lot of the cars is still very...odd. It's the primary reason I don't spend as much time in the sim as I'd like. I'm sure it'll be addressed as they continue to refine the physics.
It would be helpful if you defined "odd" and mentioned which cars you are referring to. :)

When Reiza states that "legacy" features has been removed, it means they got rid of some madness engine features to replace them, right?

I assume, the engine mapping has drasticaly changed the behaviour of the cars (many were not satisfyied with the overreacting cars, especially the gt1s). Or not? I haven't been able to try AMS2 for months, so I really don't know how it is, I hope that thos update is in the right direction. What it shows, and that's interesting, is that Reiza is able to get rid of madness engine's features and replace them by their own AMS1 stuff. Which allow them to try to use the advanced features od the madness engine but, if they can't properly do it, they can use their less advanced but more solid goodnold AMS1 features. It makes me more confident for the future of the sim, although it is important they try to use an advanced technology.

Last edited:
@roadyroad i remember that Niels heusinkveld said at his youtube video that reiza maybe did a copy paste from AMs 1 throttle mapping.
so the new update might be a very good physics update to throtle behavior
i m not an expert so i wait from people with knowledge to give us some light to this :

• Disabled legacy manifold pressure function (now solely using our own AMS1-based throttle mapping to adjust throttle response for each engine)

Last edited:
@roadyroad i remember that Niels heusinkveld said at his youtube video that reiza maybe did a copy paste from AMs 1 throttle mapping.
so the new update might be a very good physics update to throtle behavior
i m not an expert so i wait from people with knowledge to give us some light to this :

I thought he wasn't involved in AMS2 development.
Well anyway, it must be frustrating for a developer to not be able to master a technology but old madtered things can do the trick much better. Remember GTL using the physics engine of GTR1 (so the one from... F1 Challenge) and the rfactor graphics engine, it is still enjoyable today, although more simple than more modern sims (and I've always thought it felt better than rfactor).

Sometimes simplier stuff, but mastered, is just better.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%