Automobilista 2 | New Hotfix 0.9.6.1 Adds Further AI And Physics Improvements

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today deployed another new build of their Early Access Automobilista 2 title - bringing the simulation up to version 0.9.6.1 and adding a range of useful AI and physics improvements.

As Reiza Studios continue their strong push towards a full version 1 release of Automobilista 2, the Brazilian development team are continuing to adjust and improve a few of the finer details within the sim, following up on their latest major release of Saturday with a further hotfix update.

The theme from the latest build continues to be around tweaking and improving the behaviour of the computer controlled cars, an aspect of AMS 2 that has undergone much work in recent builds, as the studio ease ever closer towards moving out of Steam Early Access.

This latest build also adds a number of nice physics improvements for good measure, of which the details can be found below.

Build 09.6.1 Update Notes

UI & HUD

• Added "Speed Sensitivity" and "Minimum Shift Time" configurations to Controller options
  • Minor UI label fixes
PHYSICS
  • Revised yaw sensitivity for aero elements in all high downforce cars
  • Adjusted steel brake heating build-up
  • Revised slick & road tyres tread performances on wet track
  • Minor tyre tread adjustments for Super V8, F-V12 & F-Classic Gen3
  • Revised rear wing efficiency for F-Classics, F-V12, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate, F301 & F309
  • Various minor default setup adjustments
  • Slightly increased FFB tyre scrub effect for all cars (through FX slider)
  • Slightly Increased bump noise from curbs
  • Minor fine-tuning of car-specific FFB values
  • Fixed excessive front brake cooling in Caterhams
  • Revised engine output for F-Vintages (V8 & V12)
TRACKS
  • Minor revisions to various climate lighting & fog values values
AI
  • Increased the range of AI performance at both ends of the scale (slower @ 70%, faster @ 120% relative to v0.9.6.0)
  • Further revised AI throttle application gaps for GTs & formula cars
  • Increased AI side buffer distance (helps preventing AI cars merging back to the racing line too soon)
  • Increased Field speed perception, reduced length ahead factored (slightly less slowdowns in packs)
  • Reduced minimal lateral distance for defensive moves
  • Increased AI lateral rate of movement when calm
  • Further reduced AI brake power in GT / prototypes
  • Further increased AI care with human players
  • AUDIO
  • Fixing Super V8 AI Interior Engine sound position

VEHICLES
  • Fixed missing F-Reiza rain lights
  • Further adjusted brake glow ranges
A note from the developers

The Speed Sensitivity slider now added to the Control Configuration UI should be useful for gamepad & other digital controllers; it should otherwise be kept at 0% for those running with a steering wheel.

Original Source: Automobilista 2 Steam.

AMS 2 is available now in Steam Early Access.

If you need help and support getting the most from AMS2, start a thread in our AMS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our great community help you out.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished an hour race at Curvelo long with 13 AI driver driving the Metalmoro Duratec P3. From this VR SIM enthusiast perspective, it was as good as it gets.
The graphics, going from late after noon to early evening, with amazing sunset lighting, the feel of the track trough the FFB and tactile, the sound, all work very well in AMS2. The AI, was convincing, on par with all other AI out there. I passed them when I could, they passed me when I was not stellar, I am getting to like those AI.
2 month ago I did not know about Curvelito and had no idea I could enjoy driving a P3 Metalmoro so much, that is one of the remarquable feat of AMS2, discover and enjoy new combo in a SIM that is developing to be a very serious contender in the select group of driving/racing SIMs.
Don’t be fooled by the relatively low number of daily user on Steam, people do not know yet how good this title is, word will spread, this title will make big wave.
To the question was it a good idea to tackle the SMS engine, the answer is a resounding “Hell yes”.

Last edited:
game wont detect my Simucube wheel anymore. Saying multiple devices detected. every device is working fine on other games. have deleted the documents folder and still no luck.

Edit: its working now...no clue on how it happened

Last edited:
Racing on wet is still impossible regardless of type of vehicle. Cars slide way too much under braking and there is also ridiculous random loss of lateral grip. Technically is like driving on ice. THIS MUST BE FIXED.
I have driven utilitary road cars at 200kmh on full wet tarmac and I can guarantee you never loose grip even while turning and overtaking others at that speed. REIZA needs to adress this quickly or the game reputation will be compromised!!!

Last edited:
Racing on wet is still impossible regardless of type of vehicle. Cars slide way too much under braking and there is also ridiculous random loss of lateral grip. Technically is like driving on ice. THIS MUST BE FIXED

I think you're being a little hysterical, it's not that bad.

All evidence so far up to and including this "New Hotfix 0.9.6.1" indicates they are actually working hard on it.

Last edited:
Racing on wet is still impossible regardless of type of vehicle. Cars slide way too much under braking and there is also ridiculous random loss of lateral grip. Technically is like driving on ice. THIS MUST BE FIXED.
I have driven utilitary road cars at 200kmh on full wet tarmac and I can guarantee you never loose grip even while turning and overtaking others at that speed. REIZA needs to adress this quickly or the game reputation will be compromised!!!
Did you do that on racing compounds, or street spec tyres? Just asking, there's a huge difference.

I just finished an hour race at Curvelo long with 13 AI driver driving the Metalmoro Durartec P3. From this VR SIM enthusiast perspective, it was as good as it gets.
The graphics, going from late after noon to early evening, with amazing sunset lighting, the feel of the track trough the FFB and tactile, the sound, all work very well in AMS2. The AI, was convincing, on par with all other AI out there. I passed them when I could, they passed me when I was not stellar, I am getting to like those AI.
2 month ago I did not know about Curvelito and had no idea I could enjoy driving a P3 Metalmoro so much, that is one of the remarquable feat of AMS2, discover and enjoy new combo in a SIM that is developing to be a very serious contender in the select group of driving/racing SIMs.
Don’t be fooled by the relatively low number of daily user on Steam, people do not know yet how good this title is, word will spread, this title will make big wave.
To the question was it a good idea to tackle the SMS engine, the answer is a resounding “Hell yes”.

Great post and exactly how i feel, so many are missing out by dismissing this as just a pcars clone.
Those of us that played AMS1 know and trust Reiza to get the very best out of this engine.
Its not just your average simracer that shouts out pcars 2 clone, i mentioned AMS2 to Dave Perel on his ACC stream last week and his reaction was pure negativiity towards it.
He said it was pcars 2.5 with trampoline physics, when i informed him just how wrong he was even his race engineer Chris asked him if he played AMS1 because it was one of the best sims.
He also admitting to not even playign it , just formed an opinion of it without playing it just because it uses the pcars 2 engine.
It wasnt until later i realized he had input into the ACC physics so yeah the penny dropped then, still surprised by his blinkered opinion.
Dont get me wrong i love ACC amongst other sims but this thing of just labelling AMS2 as a Pcars clone really pees me off while the rest of us know what reiza are all about.

He also admitting to not even playign it , just formed an opinion of it without playing it just because it uses the pcars 2 engine.
Unfortunately that goes for an increasing number of people these days. I don't know why but people are losing the ability to think for themselves. They look on the internet, reading their favourite blogger or watching their favourite YouTuber, and take their personal opinions as their own. They seem to see these people as infallible, as if their opinion is fact. It's really quite sad. But then, human beings are naturally lazy, it's in our nature. I guess it's easier to just take someone else's opinion than it is to take the time to form your own.

As for AMS specifically, I just ignore the opinions of those claiming it's like PCars 2. We all know it isn't, and those claiming that it is clearly haven't properly played one sim or the other. Therefore, there opinion is of little value to me.

No one seems to mention the suspension animations that had been finally added to some cars a few updates ago.
In all honesty, it's not something I've ever really noticed since EA was released, despite the fact I knew the animations weren't working because Reiza said so. I guess we all notice different things. I had to specifically look for suspension movement to notice it after that patch.

I keep my fingers crossed that they don't even think about publishing 1.0 without all the animations working.
Don't worry. Reiza said that all the car animations should be in by the official release. :thumbsup:

But then, human beings are naturally lazy, it's in our nature. I guess it's easier to just take someone else's opinion than it is to take the time to form your own.

As for AMS specifically, I just ignore the opinions of those claiming it's like PCars 2. We all know it isn't, and those claiming that it is clearly haven't properly played one sim or the other. Therefore, there opinion is of little value to me.

I'm sorry to have to point this out but there is a degree of hypocrisy in your post that is disappointing from staff. You claim that other people's opinions of games should be discounted due to bias but then take a swipe at pcars suggesting that everyone knows that ams2 is far superior to pcars.

I have the opposite feeling in quite a few cars. Copa Classic and Opala OldStock to name some. In storm conditions I can accelerate through the gears from 0 without my hands on the wheel without a hint of oversteer. Same in the corners, there is more understeer but the rear still feels strangely planted. The Formula Vintage struggles probably a bit too much for traction (at least in previous builds) but braking feels way too easy in the wet, I can run like 55-60% rear brake bias to counter the understeer without a hint of snap oversteer or sketchy braking.

Here we go again... more words being forced into other people's mouths by people that don't read a post properly before responding. :rolleyes:

You claim that other people's opinions of games should be discounted due to bias...
No, I said that I ignore such opinions because they are of little value to me. I made no claim that everyone or anyone should ignore such opinions because that's for them to decide, not me. I don't really care what other people choose to believe, to be quite honest.

... then take a swipe at pcars suggesting that everyone knows that ams2 is far superior to pcars.
Wrong again, my friend. I didn't take a "swipe" at anything. I said AMS 2 is not the same as PCars 2, which anyone who has spent a decent amount of time in both sims will know to be true. I made no mention whatsoever of which one I personally think is "superior" because I am really not interested in being drawn into that kind of debate.

Also, just FYI, being on RD's staff does not preclude our right to post our thoughts and opinions, no matter what they may be.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 157 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%