Automobilista 2 | New Hotfix 0.9.6.1 Adds Further AI And Physics Improvements

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today deployed another new build of their Early Access Automobilista 2 title - bringing the simulation up to version 0.9.6.1 and adding a range of useful AI and physics improvements.

As Reiza Studios continue their strong push towards a full version 1 release of Automobilista 2, the Brazilian development team are continuing to adjust and improve a few of the finer details within the sim, following up on their latest major release of Saturday with a further hotfix update.

The theme from the latest build continues to be around tweaking and improving the behaviour of the computer controlled cars, an aspect of AMS 2 that has undergone much work in recent builds, as the studio ease ever closer towards moving out of Steam Early Access.

This latest build also adds a number of nice physics improvements for good measure, of which the details can be found below.

Build 09.6.1 Update Notes

UI & HUD

• Added "Speed Sensitivity" and "Minimum Shift Time" configurations to Controller options
  • Minor UI label fixes
PHYSICS
  • Revised yaw sensitivity for aero elements in all high downforce cars
  • Adjusted steel brake heating build-up
  • Revised slick & road tyres tread performances on wet track
  • Minor tyre tread adjustments for Super V8, F-V12 & F-Classic Gen3
  • Revised rear wing efficiency for F-Classics, F-V12, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate, F301 & F309
  • Various minor default setup adjustments
  • Slightly increased FFB tyre scrub effect for all cars (through FX slider)
  • Slightly Increased bump noise from curbs
  • Minor fine-tuning of car-specific FFB values
  • Fixed excessive front brake cooling in Caterhams
  • Revised engine output for F-Vintages (V8 & V12)
TRACKS
  • Minor revisions to various climate lighting & fog values values
AI
  • Increased the range of AI performance at both ends of the scale (slower @ 70%, faster @ 120% relative to v0.9.6.0)
  • Further revised AI throttle application gaps for GTs & formula cars
  • Increased AI side buffer distance (helps preventing AI cars merging back to the racing line too soon)
  • Increased Field speed perception, reduced length ahead factored (slightly less slowdowns in packs)
  • Reduced minimal lateral distance for defensive moves
  • Increased AI lateral rate of movement when calm
  • Further reduced AI brake power in GT / prototypes
  • Further increased AI care with human players
  • AUDIO
  • Fixing Super V8 AI Interior Engine sound position

VEHICLES
  • Fixed missing F-Reiza rain lights
  • Further adjusted brake glow ranges
A note from the developers

The Speed Sensitivity slider now added to the Control Configuration UI should be useful for gamepad & other digital controllers; it should otherwise be kept at 0% for those running with a steering wheel.

Original Source: Automobilista 2 Steam.

AMS 2 is available now in Steam Early Access.

If you need help and support getting the most from AMS2, start a thread in our AMS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our great community help you out.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
  • Increased AI side buffer distance (helps preventing AI cars merging back to the racing line too soon)
Noticeable.
  • Increased Field speed perception, reduced length ahead factored (slightly less slowdowns in packs)
Nice improvement. Makes it nicely difficult to anticipate being in position to take advantage of pack slowdowns.
  • Reduced minimal lateral distance for defensive moves
Nice improvement. AI aren't jumping all over the place now.
  • Increased AI lateral rate of movement when calm
Could probably be dialed in a little more, increased so first lap doesn't leave as large gaps as it's still possible to advance a lot on the first lap, though not as much as previously.
  • Further reduced AI brake power in GT / prototypes
Looks about right, at least on a dry track. Haven't re-checked wet tracks.
  • Further increased AI care with human players
AI drops back too much space when human squeezes AI, so human is not challenged again by that AI.

I'm running 103% difficulty, 60% aggression at Guapore with the MCR2000 and after the first lap, it was a challenge to get around the AI. Braking capability is close to mine, but they're a little slow using the throttle out of a turn. Still running faster laps, but the AI fast laps are much closer to mine than the previous AI update, so it's easy to catch them and run with them, but, as I said, difficult to get around them with half my attempts being clean and half not, gaining only 4 positions after the first lap of 10.

I have never used AI in either Raceroom or AMS2 - because I dont consider their "reactions" in any way intelligent.
But after seing one of Gamermuscles latest talking races against AIs in AMS2 I gave it a try.
I used 100% and 55 aggression on Suzuka in the P2 cars.

In both practice and qualy I was about 0.5 sec faster than all.
But in race they started "artificially" faster than me and I dumped to 3rd.:whistling:
And eventhough I could see afterwards that I had easily the fastest laptime of all I could only hang on to the 2 frontrunners but not overtake them.:sleep:
We lost all the others.

But there was actually some fight between the two in front - hehe and just in the last RHand corner before the finish line #2 actually did overtake #1 with some kind of divebomb:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: It was only a 5 lap race with fuel and tire wear.

we all hope that the codies-madness boys are keeing close eye on this development.. if reiza could bring decent ffb to the madness engine, lets see what they can bring with PC3...

One thing lacking in a lot of these games is randomness.. AC/CM added some with allowing a spread of AI skill and aggression in a pack, but unless you got lucky and all the good AI are back of pack its still quite boring as you never have to "watch your back" for overtakes. R3E somewhat addressed it with "adaptive ai", who seem to get as fast as you each lap requiring additional effort on each lap.

Although much maligned, the AI in RF2 are the best for this... after a 20-30 lapper in RF2 my eyes are like this.. one glued to that damn rearview "just in case" a crazy kamikaze racer is going to come slamming into me.. not sure if its just a bug in the rf2 AI, but it keeps things interesting ;)
CXrqfzcUoAAU3G8.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%