Automobilista 2 | New Build V0.8.3.1 Available Now - Includes New Car

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another hotfix update for Automobilista 2 has arrived - and it comes with a new track layout and the Puma P052 GT5 car...

Yup, Reiza Studios have been good on their word to start ramping up the Early Access updates for Automobilista 2, with another fresh build having dropped for the simulation this evening - adding a nice range of fixes and improvements to the title.

Headline changes for this hotfix have to be the inclusion of the Puma P052 GT5 car and a new Jerez circuit layout, plus a range of changes and tweaks to the game force feedback - an area of AMS2 that continues to divide opinion within the sim racing community.

Automobilista 2 Update 0.8.3.1 Change log:

CONTENT

• Added Puma P052 to GT5 class
  • Added new Jerez layout (no Senna chicane)

UI & HUD
  • Added initial HUD Layout Editor (from OPTIONS -> EDIT HUD LAYOUT)
  • Added Initial telemetry HUD page
  • Fixed missing car class icons
  • Fixed class positions incorrectly displaying during single class/practice
  • Fixed Superkart/Stockv8 mini class icons
  • Blocked lap timer incorrectly displaying in HUD 'off' variant
  • Disabled currently unused containers/elements
  • Created separate leaderboard and lap/position info HUD elements
  • Disabled leaderboard by default on 'light' HUD variant
  • Adjusted trackmap zoom mechanics & tweaked graphical elements
  • Revised start light HUD element
  • Adjusted text colour and border of player in HUD leaderboard
  • Added missing vehicle stats for MIT Lancer R & RS
  • Updated trackmaps for VIR (all configs), Snetterton (all configs), Velocitta (all configs), Jerez 2019; Added Missing track logo for Snetterton
  • Increased vehicle preview resolution

PHYSICS, FFB & AI
  • Reduced wheel contact factor in all open wheelers (reducing chances of cars launching into the air with relatively minor contact) corrected mass of several independent detatchable parts
  • F-Classic G3M1: Fixed default gear ratio for 7-speed gearbox
  • F-Ultimate: Adjusted torque curve & throttle map for smoother power delivery
  • Minor tyre tread adjustments to F-Classic (all gens), Ultima GT, MCR 2000, MRX P4, F-3, MIT Lancer R & RS
  • Added TC / ABS to MIT Lancer R & RS when running Authentic driving aids
  • F-Classic (all gens): adjusted default front wing setting for better aero balance
  • Adjusted AI prudence when challenging human opponent
  • AI behavior tweaks: smoother lateral reactions & brake application; less performance variation depending on AI skill when on throttle / brakes; less performance loss as AI driver loses stamina
  • AI performance callibration passes for all cars

TRACKS
  • Added alpha to coverage to all foliage shaders - improves quality, only works with MSAA
  • Jerez: Reworked wet track material and puddle mapping; fine tuned road blend textures and vertex alpha blending to improve some blending abnormalities
  • Oulton Park: Fixed pitwall collision bug
  • Night lighting updates for Cascavel, Velopark, Kansai, Goiania, Jerez, Imola, Imola 2001, Imola 1988

VEHICLES
  • Copa Uno: Updated liveries (partial); Adjusted collision mesh
  • Super V8: Adjusted collision mesh; Updated Vertex AO; Added detachable parts from Damage;
  • Gol Copa Classic: Added LODs & updated materials for both models
  • F-Ultimate: Updated liveries with logos

Original Source: Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available on Steam Early Access now.

If you need help and support getting the most from AMS2, start a thread in our AMS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our great community help you out.

AMS 2 Update Note 2.jpg

Anyone tried the Sprint Car? Does it seem less "responsive" in terms of acceleration. It feels really tame and I don't remember it being like that previously.

I agree that the Sprint is easier to drive (i.e., tame, as you say) since the most recent update. I took it for a 10 lap race at Cascavel and the tires certainly felt grippier in the corners than the previous build.

They seem to have completely borked the FFB in the Vintage F1 and Formula Vee. It feels inversed rendering these vehicles not particularly driveable.

EDIT: F-Trainer is fine which I thought might also have been effected by this.
Formula Vee was (prior to v8.3) fantastic...my favorite! Now FVee is undrivable for me. The steering is extremely twitchy, spinning upon downshifting/braking, and as Bazza said, the FFB is messed up. The other few cars that I have driven seem to be okay...

FFB still crap...none under braking. Also if you want to feel a bit of grasp at low/mid speeds you get too much force at high speed corner. Turn down high speed force you get no force at all at low/mid cornering. Minimum force compensation is still a joke!
I would say Codies may still have the edge here!! Well...lets just wait for next update...
Reiza have said increasing the LFB has no bearing on other areas of the FFB. So it won't cause clipping higher up, so if you are struggling for feel at slower/low down areas of the circuit crank up the LFB.

F-Vee and F-Vintage have reversed FFB that will be fixed tomorrow in a patch.

Really wish we could get "ready only" access to the Beta forum. Now the title is released into EA, I can't imagine what the negative ramifications for that would now be.

Anyone know what "Added Initial telemetry HUD page" constitutes? I can't find this but maybe that's because I am not sure what I am looking for or recognising it when I see it? I have played with the HUD editor btw.

Estou muito animado com esta atualizações mas vejo que ainda falta ,eu e muitos esperamos melhoras o mas rápido possível ...
Quanto mas a reiza trabalhar para melhorar o simulador melhor queremos mas conteúdos gostaríamos muito os novos carros da Stock Car 2020 com os novos modelos corola ,pista de ribeirão Preto ,copa petrobras de marcas que esta faltando e muito gráficos para o jogo ficar bonitos co os modelos dos carros com bem muito detalhes

Translation (I LOVE THIS)

I am very excited about this update but I see that it is still missing, I and many hope for improvements as soon as possible ... How much more reiza working to improve the simulator the better we want but content we would love the new cars from Stock Car 2020 with the new corolla models, ribeirão Preto track, petrobras cup of brands that is missing and a lot of graphics for the game to be beautiful with the car models with very fine details

=O)

Really wish we could get "ready only" access to the Beta forum. Now the title is released into EA, I can't imagine what the negative ramifications for that would now be.

Anyone know what "Added Initial telemetry HUD page" constitutes? I can't find this but maybe that's because I am not sure what I am looking for or recognising it when I see it? I have played with the HUD editor btw.

It's a new page you can pull up when you go in the menus when you're on track. Can't remember the exact path off the top of my head. It's disabled again as there was an issue with it.

From the little bit I tried tonight it feels about the same as the last update. The consistency of the feedback based on your speed is probably what I'd like to see improved the most.

Here are my settings if anyone else is having trouble finding usable settings.

Fanatec v2.5 wheelbase settings

SEN- AUTO FFB- 100 SHO- 70 ABS- 35 DRI- OFF FOR- 70 SPR- 70 DPR- 70 BRF- 35 FEI- 50

In game FFB settings

40/15/0

What it DID do was add a different hud option under Options-Gameplay-Display-HUD Level-Telemetry but it seems to have either been removed again or become borked in the EA version update. It worked briefly in the beta.

@Paulo Cezar Ramalho, I hope Reiza ignore all your requests just for you to stop being APAE da inclusão. What's the matter to put all those pics in a single beautiful English written post? It's not rocket science, boy.

ON-TOPIC: People complaining about the Puma P052 being rough on the edges and bad to drive, the real thing is just like it... and that is the reason why rich Brazilians buy Lambos, Ferraris and Porsches, but not Puma cars, since 1967 lol

E a tradução para Portugues BRASIL que esta faltando .... :) :thumbsup:
Use english. Please.

This is funny,

The OP makes a remark that AMS2 does not have Brazilian Portuguese localization - which is kinda ironic for Reiza.

However the response is even more hilarious.
At least there is a “please” in there...

Lingua Franca.
Also geht alles weiter...
Ciao!

I am very excited about this update but I see that it is still missing, I and many hope for improvements as soon as possible ... How much more reiza working to improve the simulator the better we want but content we would love the new cars from Stock Car 2020 with the new corolla models, ribeirão Preto track, petrobras cup of brands that is missing and a lot of graphics for the game to be beautiful with the car models with very fine details

Thanks for your translation, very helpful for those that aren't smart enough to figure out there are online translators out there. Much better than the unnecessary "Use English." from your grumpy old men dreaming of Victorian England.

I hope Reiza ignore all your requests [...] What's the matter to put all those pics in a single beautiful English (LOL) written post? It's not rocket science, boy.

Gosh how annoying do you have to be? It's not rocket science to be open minded. Yes, it's not in English but it brings in an excellent point of view. Indeed, where are the Marcas? I must say I have a sweet spot for those cars. Hopefully we get them as well as the new 2020 BR Stock Car models by V.1.

They seem to have completely borked the FFB in the Vintage F1 and Formula Vee. It feels inversed rendering these vehicles not particularly driveable.

EDIT: F-Trainer is fine which I thought might also have been effected by this.
Exactly my feeling. I tried formula vintage yesterday for the first time and it really felt like ffb was reversed.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%