Automobilista 2 | New 2019 Stock Car Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have issued a surprise new Automobilista 2 trailer to celebrate the final round of the Brazilian Stock Car Series this weekend - featuring these awesome cars in AMS 2!

As I'm sure most reading this will be well aware, one of the key real world licences within the Automobilista franchise is the Brazil based Stock Car series, a high power, high action category featuring some of the finest drivers in Brazilian motorsport.

With the 2019 season marking both the 40th anniversary of the series and the final year of the current regulation cars, Reiza Studios have taken the opportunity to launch a brand new trailer with the vehicles in AMS 2 - on the eve of a championship deciding weekend that sees no less than six drivers in the fight for overall honours.

Enjoy!

Automobilista 2 will be available March 2020.

Want to chat about the sim? Head over to the AMS 2 sub forum and start a thread now!

AMS 2 Stock Car Series Trailer 2.jpg
AMS 2 Stock Car Series Trailer.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still amazed, how you guys already can tell, how physics and driving will feel, by seeing some videos. :D

I'm the AMS forum warrior fanboy (TM) here and asking sceptically: HOW??? :p

I am referring to attention to details, SMS admitted they was in a rush with PC2 while Reiza is reassuring us about their work on the beta section of their forum...
Maybe I will not like that cake too but at least I know they spent some time refining the recipe before serving it to us...

I am referring to attention to details, SMS admitted they was in a rush with PC2 while Reiza is reassuring us about their work on the beta section of their forum...
I know ;) But the result of everything will be felt, when the game is released, everything else is speculative. But i'm looking forward to it.
Yep can confirm they said that on Beta forums :D which there been pretty open to us closed backers about everythink and going the full nine yard's of answering most of our questions.
What happens in Reiza 51, stays in Reiza 51...just a friendly reminder by the forum warrior ;)

Last edited:
I don't remember where I read it, but if I recall correctly from the article.......Ian said SMS have been working on enhancements and tweaks/improvements to the madness engine for PC3 which reiza will get access to the majority of those if not all.
But with the recent purchase of SMS by codies I am not sure how things stand now?

But than again I could have just imagined it all lol

Don't worry. The purchase didn't affected Reiza in any shape or form, as the engine needed to be licensed and, therefore, contracts had to be signed. SMS pulling the plug right now would mean a huge breach of contract and lots of lawsuits.

AMS2 will be a fancier AMS with some extra content that isn't GT3/GTE

But honestly, there's a lot of sims out there with GT3/GTE content and the "charm" of AMS is it's unique tracks and motorsport disciplines.
Since they will feature the Imperio Endurance there will be a couple of GT3 and GT4 for sure...
We already spoiled Aston and Ginettas on their reveal trailer...

Because it's AMS (RF1) models. If they had to remodel all the cars again no way the game would be ready so soon. That's why they look like ass.
Didn't they say they were remodeling all previous models for AMS2?
Anyway, we know that the release date will only be that, a date of release. We can pretty surely expect a long development support & further refinements for many months past the release date, like it is now for all SIM actually, it is an ongoing development and I doubt that all features will be up and properly running for Day1.

Nice attitude...congrats!
Btw, the vid was shoot while they are still on WIP stage and cars and tracks looks way better than rF2 ones. To be honest I can understand why they moved away from rF2 engine now...

Keep in mind that Reiza was lucky enough to receive engine source code access AND development assistance on the engine side from the MADNESS engine developers.

S397 on the other hand, never gever Reiza engine source code access, just engine information on what appears to be a "need-to-know" basis (source).

The fact that the visuals in the MADNESS engine are perhaps slightly better than in rF2 is probably just a welcome bonus really.

Keep in mind that Reiza was lucky enough to receive engine source code access AND development assistance on the engine side from the MADNESS engine developers.

S397 on the other hand, never gever Reiza engine source code access, just engine information on what appears to be a "need-to-know" basis (source).

The fact that the visuals in the MADNESS engine are perhaps slightly better than in rF2 is probably just a welcome bonus really.
Visuals in the MADNESS engine are perhaps slightly better than in rF2
Slightly?? It's like black and white, almost.

Last edited:
Project Cars 2 has the best visuals or realistic graphics along with Assetto Corsa Competizione.
Hmm, perhaps the latter has 'finer' tracks detailing and textures... rFactor 2 has improved its
visuals with the latest released tracks, like Nords, but they still lack higher detailed textures
and more track side objects, and also animations.

Automobilista 2 is looking good, better than AMS 1, of course, but in the shown videos so far,
the tracks are not as detailed, track side objects and textures, as the Sims mentioned above,
plus there are no animations yet implemented at this stage. But I guess, and hope, these will
improve with updates. Finger crossed. The lighting effects, water and rain on the last video clip
are good enough though.

It looks simply fabulous!

Anyone know if there's English Commentary anywhere for past Brazilian Stock Car Races and/or possible for this weekends race? thanks (I've found the races on YouTube but alas all in Portuguese)
I am from Brazil, I don't know if any other country broadcast our series. But if you can what it somehow next year, I guarantee it is a nice championship, very balanced and extremely fun to watch!

Well it is like a recipe...
Madness engine is the main ingredient then you have two options...
Doing a bitter and half backed cake (PC2) or doing a delicious perfect backed one (AMS2)...
At the end of day isn't PC2 Vs AMS2 but how developers used Madness engine for their purposes...

Except by the fact software is not cake. Try to bake a delicious cake using sh.it

Yeah, speak for yourself. Pc2 might have gotten some things wrong, but it also got a some things right. If you can't see what some of those things are and why Reiza chose this engine and made that deal, got perhaps should remove the blinders
Blinders? Ok then tell me exactly what PC2 got right. Help me "remove the blinders".

Oh by the way thanks for proving my point. The fact that Reiza chose this engine has somehow given it credibility, which is exactly what i've been saying.
PC2 wasn't even considered a simulator a while ago,and now because Reiza chose it....like the force chooses the Jedi... it automatically means that it's really good, and all this time it was SMS that couldn't make it work....since 2009....
Like i said, just like SMS did...Reiza will probably do some improvements, but some issues will still exist, just like they did since 2009.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back