Automobilista 2 | New 2019 Stock Car Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have issued a surprise new Automobilista 2 trailer to celebrate the final round of the Brazilian Stock Car Series this weekend - featuring these awesome cars in AMS 2!

As I'm sure most reading this will be well aware, one of the key real world licences within the Automobilista franchise is the Brazil based Stock Car series, a high power, high action category featuring some of the finest drivers in Brazilian motorsport.

With the 2019 season marking both the 40th anniversary of the series and the final year of the current regulation cars, Reiza Studios have taken the opportunity to launch a brand new trailer with the vehicles in AMS 2 - on the eve of a championship deciding weekend that sees no less than six drivers in the fight for overall honours.

Enjoy!

Automobilista 2 will be available March 2020.

Want to chat about the sim? Head over to the AMS 2 sub forum and start a thread now!

AMS 2 Stock Car Series Trailer 2.jpg
AMS 2 Stock Car Series Trailer.jpg

Last edited:
Opala Stock car old school is more fun and a real challenger to drive that this super cars and your magics buttons "push to pass"
Get to the "real" limit with the modern Stock Car V8 in AMS and i ensure you, these cars are a real challenge to drive, too. These are Silhouette cars with downforce, yeah, they have a P2P button, but they want to be driven on throttle and focused on good braking. You can loose or win 2 seconds even on smaller tracks easily with these monsters. It's like DTM and V8 Supercars got a baby together in terms of driving style...some guys on some tracks are driving them up a second faster, even when i'm thinking, i'm already on the edge, but then you get some clues, that there is even more in it.

The Opala is a whole different car, pretty hard to compare, it has more of a road car, than race car, so the approach is another. :)

Couple of things:

- That's quite a large grid?
-- If that was an AI grid, I'd say the AI was behaving very smoothly in close proximity
- On the last lap, there were 6 or so cars crossing the line? What happened to the rest?! ;)

That said, this looks like I always hoped PC2 would end up looking. Except it's probably better in ways I can't begin to imagine yet.

Loved the music track; suited the visuals very well. And the video was short and sweet.
Today was the last race in the 2019 Stock Car Brasil championship, and those 6 drivers crossing the line were the ones still fighting for the championship. Yes, it's that competitive. And t's just as awesome as it looks. And we still have Rubens Rarrichello in it (2014 champion and still fighting for championships, even thought Daniel Serra won this one). And we have Bia Figueiredo, one of the best female drivers in the world.

A couple of years ago: PC2 is bad, not even a simulator.AC is 10 times as good.

When we get the news that AMS2 will be built on PC2: OMG this is going to be so amazing, PC2 is awesome!

Anyway,in all seriousness....do we really need a PC2 clone? I mean, nobody really liked PC2, why should we get so excited about this? Sure, Reiza might improve the physics a little bit but it'll still be basically PC2, with all it's shortcomings. They might be a bit less obvious, but they will still be there, and i bet you'll sing a very different tune then.

A couple of years ago: PC2 is bad, not even a simulator.AC is 10 times as good.

When we get the news that AMS2 will be built on PC2: OMG this is going to be so amazing, PC2 is awesome!

Anyway,in all seriousness....do we really need a PC2 clone? I mean, nobody really liked PC2, why should we get so excited about this? Sure, Reiza might improve the physics a little bit but it'll still be basically PC2, with all it's shortcomings. They might be a bit less obvious, but they will still be there, and i bet you'll sing a very different tune then.

Yeah, speak for yourself. Pc2 might have gotten some things wrong, but it also got a some things right. If you can't see what some of those things are and why Reiza chose this engine and made that deal, got perhaps should remove the blinders

Well it is like a recipe...
Madness engine is the main ingredient then you have two options...
Doing a bitter and half backed cake (PC2) or doing a delicious perfect backed one (AMS2)...
At the end of day isn't PC2 Vs AMS2 but how developers used Madness engine for their purposes...

Reiza might improve the physics a little bit but it'll still be basically PC2, with all it's shortcomings. They might be a bit less obvious, but they will still be there, and i bet you'll sing a very different tune then.
doing a delicious perfect backed one (AMS2)...
I'm still amazed, how you guys already can tell, how physics and driving will feel, by seeing some videos. :D

I'm the AMS forum warrior fanboy (TM) here and asking sceptically: HOW??? :p

As much as I'm looking forward to this, I'm a bit concerned at the way the cars are moving about. It looks somewhat unnatural.
Seems it is related to low replay fidelity because if it is cinematic, why not made it nice and smooth? and yes it is a bit concerning. I love watching replays to check my driving lines, and low fidelity replays (and PC2 bad track side engine sounds) are painful to watch.

hmmm...don't know about those clouds popping in like that at the start and later on. Maybe you won't see that if you're in cockpit view though.

As much as I'm looking forward to this, I'm a bit concerned at the way the cars are moving about. It looks somewhat unnatural.

I thought this as well. Maybe it's a lofi playback as @mopro says above, which could also be the reason for the cloud popping.

Last edited:
hmmm...don't know about those clouds popping in like that at the start and later on. Maybe you won't see that if you're in cockpit view though.
It's the daylight progression that is set to a higher speed or the video play-back sped up, or both....just look at the shadows on the track at how fast they transition / move. This would give reason to the clouds popping in like that.;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%