Automobilista 2 is getting better and better.

Hi !

I have been a AMS2 user from the early beginning and it is really stunning to see
the sim developing to one of the most impressive sim's ever.

Graphics and gameplay have massively improved since the last updates.

The "live weather" and "historic weather" is really unique and awesome !

like to see some new impressions ?
Have a look at my channel for some quick racing action in AMS2 newest version in
4K with maximum details and 60fps (video language in german)

I am very interested for your opinion on the "new" AMS2

Cheers and have a nice day !

Just2Laps

Ahhh... someone saying ams2 is 'great!' and 'wow!' the best ever!

You must want something... the only time any one ever said any thing like that is when they wanted something.

1. to watch their video channel
2 to watch a video
3 to buy products via their links
4 to etc etc

Its never actually because ams2 'is great!' and 'wow!'

No. That would be difficult. Because its still not that good really. Its last gen type stuff, its got long standing issues - they chose to make it fun/simcade over realistic and there's clearly engine limitations. You might like the title but its got a long way to go and the level of hype you've attributed to it is plain wrong, pragmatically speaking.

Last edited:
Ahhh... someone saying ams2 is 'great!' and 'wow!' the best ever!

You must want something... the only time any one ever said any thing like that is when they wanted something.

1. to watch their video channel
2 to watch a video
3 to buy products via their links
4 to etc etc

Its never actually because ams2 'is great!' and 'wow!'

No. That would be difficult. Because its still not that good really. Its last gen type stuff, its got long standing issues - they chose to make it fun/simcade over realistic and there's clearly engine limitations. You might like the title but its got a long way to go and the level of hype you've attributed to it is plain wrong, pragmatically speaking.
Wouldn't it have been just as easy to start a post saying AMS2 sucks instead of poo pooing on this guys post? I mean it's his opinion like you have yours. This is one of the things I don't miss about being an admin here anymore; constant negativity when there's really no need for it.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it have been just as easy to start a post saying AMS2 sucks instead of poo pooing on this guys post? I mean it's his opinion like you have yours. This is one of the things I don't miss about being an admin here anymore; constant negativity when there's really no need for it.
He got banned for trolling the Reiza forums. He's got an axe to grind. 2 Weeks ago he was saying AMS2 is the best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:
He got banned for trolling the Reiza forums. He's got an axe to grind. 2 Weeks ago he was saying AMS2 is the best thing since sliced bread.
Nice to read your replies !

I usually don't care about trolling people. Everyone should be able to post his opinion, but stay fair anyway.
I don't not know what benefit it gives to such such guys and I really don't care about.

We are here to enjoy our passion, having fun and stay together and respecting each other
in the always growing community !

retired.for.gaming JUST 2 LAPS

No, no axe just truth. Beats lying to yourself. And you grinding your own axe on me. Lousy.

Man. I gave AMS2 every chance. Look at my post history. My skeptism started from day 1. My encouragement too.

It's also a product and is not your pal. You buy it. It doesn't hug you or make you dinner. Get real

They make claims and you seem to have swallowed them. That's fine. It's a game. I like their Nordschliefe. You attribute to the game far too much just like the OP.

But to play it over AC is wasting time just now and for the foreseeable future. Possibly ever.

All the fakery guys say. Trying to hype it up. It's getting better and better...? Ah. No. It's not. Yes the graphics are. Nothing else.

I keep saying it. Engine limits.

Look at AC. No real limits. You can waste your time however you see fit.

<Mod-edit: no need for personal attacks>

I told the truth. It's why my posts got so long. It's because people such as ones like you and heavens knows there's not many ams2 players lie so much or are oblivious to so much.

The YouTube guy Mr broadbent, in question had an opinion. I said it at the same time on their forum. Now every one is saying it who is not a blinded gimp.

That's why I was banned. For saying he is allowed to say that.

The forum censored me. There was someone stupid enough there to want to LITIGATE the guy for saying libel.

The level of delusion they must have!!

It's a dubious and troubled product. The physics are wonky, worse than ever.

Mate it's project cars 2 place holders.

It's not that good. It's still not that good. It may never be that good.

It's not even as good as AC was in 2014.

Axe to grind?

No I'm not certified deluded into believing AmS 2 is something it's not.

Did this sound too hard, princess? The truth? Lol.

Nice to read your replies !

I usually don't care about trolling people. Everyone should be able to post his opinion, but stay fair anyway.

I don't not know what benefit it gives to such such guys and I really don't care about.

We are here to enjoy our passion, having fun and stay together and respecting each other

in the always growing community !

retired.for.gaming JUST 2 LAPS
No what changed was the inability of the company to patch the product come July. All other sims progressed. I actually said good things of the graphics. I've never panned the product outright. Until now. It's July and there's little hope going forwards.

It's not coming back to the pack after this period.

Raceroom is a decent game. It just got great ffb
It's fun and close to ACC for some of it's content. It's also highly praised. Something ams2 is not.
Ams2 faltered. Ams2 force feedback is not very good and the physics off. It's like a chess game without a chess board.

HEAPS of software falters. But not all software is the 5th place in a field.

You can enjoy your passion. You put up an opinion. You still enjoy your passion in your own time.

I'm not ruining your passion. I'm giving you my opinion and also the truth.

There's a reason 10k play AC and ACC. And only 500 max usually 200 ams2.

You don't even need to be clever. Ams2 fell behind. Raceroom did not.

Ams2 got left for dead. It did not get better and better. I'm sorry you were wrong. Maybe next time you'll be right. Hold software developers to account. I'm on your side.

It's rare my suggestions suck. I have the Midas touch in many things of this nature. I'm also a consumer. Nor am I a patsy.

Guys, with just 360 peak concurrent users today, it's over. No one agrees it's gotten better.

The project cars games including Ams2, and it took some of those Devs, 600 users. The Assetto Corsa games, 10,000.

It didn't get better. 2laps, you're a swell guy, just wrong. Doesn't mean you can't personally play it. I do now and then. Yuh. Some axe huh. It's not an axe man. But the game has so many issues, I'd rather enjoy AC instead. It's why no one plays h1z1 but they all play fortnight. Opportunity passed ams2 it's not got the quality about it.

My specific advice to the company was to get out the content and cash grab because it didn't seem to have much about it. I was never a sycophant, only encouraging. I saw too many problems, some technical and some executive..

It's not really advice though because that's what they had in mind. They front loaded the whole endeavour. Their business model was the first and only thing they got right. However it's my estimation they only only sold 12k copies. Steam data is wrong for small amounts. Their potential sales would then be 20k. That's not a title getting better. Or worthy of too much time.

. This is the sunk cost fallacy. You guys are here trying to tell me the game is great because you dropped 100 bucks on it but can't substantiate anything else. Lol. I know these things. It's why they had the dlc lined up. It's all rehashed. AC is 20 bucks and a thousand times better.

And they know this too. They planned it mate!

Rule 1! Pay yourself first!

Real progress is the RSS hybrid 21 F1 car in AC. Drive that one time only! You'll never want to touch AMS2 ever again. That's real progress. I have about 300 cars in AC. They're all better. The Kunos ones, the F1 Ferraris all had direct input from the company and are amazing, or so he gt3s or the Evo Ferrari they gave out the other day. That's how I know that I know what I 'm talking about is legit. The comparison of just one car even. So many awesome cars. They have real names, Audi S1, Mazda MX-5 etc etc... No one who drove the 21 hybrid from RSS or those can hold the opinion proffered up in this thread. They're mutually exclusive. It doesn't matter what fittsy says. It's nonsense against the light of reality.

I came back to also add: yes this is my perspective as well as the truth, if you only play ams2 or its the only thing going on in your life due to covid or entertainment life since you don't like other entertainment just now then you may think otherwise because you place that value upon it. Its ok to like it and think it is getting better even though its not. It doesn't matter what I think. I just want my point to stand insofar as it receiving oxygen. It doesn't have to determine if you play it (remember I ALSO play it from time to time). And yeah I do want it to get better but I won't be doing what every one else has done and left the ground about the reality of it just now (and by extension backwards-rationalizing that it was better in the past; it was and probably still is in a kind of early access but no one is calling it that, hence you get actual outsiders with perspective).

And to say that I mean to say that if you were an outsider to the little circle of the game you would honestly think like I do. Whether its newspapers or history we must retain scepticism to bias and understand the culture.

For example there is the Radical brand cars in rF2 - two types afaik, I drive them quite a lot. If one wants the spirited quickness and slippyness [depending] (and not to mention the gte porsche 911 rsr in rF2) they only need to drive those in rF2. AMS2 is redundant in so many ways. yes I hope it improves but it hasn't. For example there is no sense of acceleration in AMS2, a lot of things despite the dynamics are very flat. the game is not set up properly and its very difficult to nail all those things with the workload sims give or games in general.

Last edited:
You guys are here trying to tell me the game is great because you dropped 100 bucks on it but can't substantiate anything else. Lol. I know these things. It's why they had the dlc lined up. It's all rehashed. AC is 20 bucks and a thousand times better.
Ok...... so you are unhappy with your purchase and that others really like it.....move on and end the drama please. Play what you like and who cars what others think is best for you?

Last edited:
No doubt it has gotten better. When I first bought it, I returned it during the 2 hour Steam window. I gave it a thumbs down on Steam, and also made a few comments here. Not to the point of some who seem to have made it their goal in life to bash AMS2, but did make a couple of observations, and went on my way to AC/ACC, etc. However, I decided to buy it again and it was much better, and was pleased with my purchase.

Then there was Reiza. I posted a couple of bugs I noticed, and within a few hours Reiza (Renaldo?) had responded asking me some questions. They were able to reproduce the issue and fixes were included in the next patch. So what was this...a company that listens to its customer base...what a concept ;). This pushed me to go ahead an buy the season pass as I like to support companies who care about their customers.

Each update has been better than the previous, with notable hard work being put into each one. I had a shoulder injury that kept me from racing for a while, and it still keeps me from racing as much, but to sit out for a while, and come back you see even more of a difference. I love the FFB, physics, graphics, VR (Don't use often), etc. And AI needs it own category. They fight each other for position, they actually have accidents (Not sure I have ever seen one in ACC), and when I think they ran me off the road or did something I felt was garbage, I would watch the replay and it was all on me (with a few exceptions) . Going through the smoke of an accident in front of me, not being able to see, white knuckling as I go through in hopes I took the right path through, is just a fantastic feeling. It has finally surpassed ACC in total hours raced for me.

Add in Racing USA, and not sure I will be racing much of anything else any time soon. I am so glad I decided to repurchase this gem, and has easily become my favorite of all time. Everyone likes different things, and if you don't like this sim, that is cool.

Enough of a rant from me, but going from returning the game to calling it my favorite of all time, is a testament of how far this sim has come, and how hard reiza has worked.

Ok...... so you are unhappy with your purchase and that others really like it.....move on and end the drama please. Play what you like and who cars what others think is best for you?
no oh no way. you don't tell a person to move on when the input is so objective and its yourself who cannot handle the opinion. I am not talking about myself here, pal.

I get it - you're a very me/you kind of person - NO... I want to be very clear.

This is my game. Its also your game. - We share the same game - you reckon its too good, I reckon its not that good.

Who care's what others think is best? I am not telling you what is best for you - I am just saying you might not know what you are talking about - and you came here to defend that notion - suggestion you already think or know I know what is best for you according to your own designation.

Please be less duplicitous toward me, and perhaps even be more self aware.

For my sake - so I say this with absolute authority on the matter and also fo my own sake, meaning I said it for me, not you, so I am not telling you whats best for you, only ask you to respect my wish that you be realistic about the game and stop trying to tell me the game is whats best for me, which is what you are doing - in a devious manner.

I am talking about others - and you fail to provide any alternative about the issue - YOU spent a lot of money on it (i think i spent barely anything on it compared to race room and assetto corsa)... and I said thats why YOU and others defend it so hard.

Not me. I'm fine with it. Fine enough to be absolutely objective, while hoping it does get better.

Leave me out of your suggestion as I have refuted it, but you might need to show me the objectivity somehow where you can along with others, be more realistic about the title and what it needs to do.

Why do only 200 people play this game at once? Does this sound like its a better game to you?

Last edited:
No doubt it has gotten better. When I first bought it, I returned it during the 2 hour Steam window. I gave it a thumbs down on Steam, and also made a few comments here. Not to the point of some who seem to have made it their goal in life to bash AMS2, but did make a couple of observations, and went on my way to AC/ACC, etc. However, I decided to buy it again and it was much better, and was pleased with my purchase.

Then there was Reiza. I posted a couple of bugs I noticed, and within a few hours Reiza (Renaldo?) had responded asking me some questions. They were able to reproduce the issue and fixes were included in the next patch. So what was this...a company that listens to its customer base...what a concept ;). This pushed me to go ahead an buy the season pass as I like to support companies who care about their customers.

Each update has been better than the previous, with notable hard work being put into each one. I had a shoulder injury that kept me from racing for a while, and it still keeps me from racing as much, but to sit out for a while, and come back you see even more of a difference. I love the FFB, physics, graphics, VR (Don't use often), etc. And AI needs it own category. They fight each other for position, they actually have accidents (Not sure I have ever seen one in ACC), and when I think they ran me off the road or did something I felt was garbage, I would watch the replay and it was all on me (with a few exceptions) . Going through the smoke of an accident in front of me, not being able to see, white knuckling as I go through in hopes I took the right path through, is just a fantastic feeling. It has finally surpassed ACC in total hours raced for me.

Add in Racing USA, and not sure I will be racing much of anything else any time soon. I am so glad I decided to repurchase this gem, and has easily become my favorite of all time. Everyone likes different things, and if you don't like this sim, that is cool.

Enough of a rant from me, but going from returning the game to calling it my favorite of all time, is a testament of how far this sim has come, and how hard reiza has worked.
This is what literally any small company does, must do, and is usually small enough and able to do.

Please again - I commend them for it - but do not pretend its some special case because of their generosity or something - its a veritable requirement to be any where near a successful company.

Just please that was the only thing you handed out to them - a free pass - and it was for something as arbitrary as doing what they should be doing any way - fixing bugs.

Come on, man. This is not saying its better because it now/then lacked 1 or 2 less bugs.

I want to know what they are doing to actually advance the title rather than fix what they did in the past. No one can seem to tell me - and yet here you are telling me its somehow magnificent now.

And just like the other fellow above - which I paid little heed to, tbh, hypocritical much? ... yes, just like them you can not quantify a single thing and come across as overly defensive. I simply refuted the notion the title was now better especially when most people believed last june it was better than now in handling generally, but you cannot give one sound reason as to why I am wrong. You cannot disprove me. But say I made the mistake? As one of the very few people who actually play AMS2, you are most likely and by all probablility totally wrong

Last edited:
AMS2 is a fantastic sim and is pushing the market forward in many ways. Its 100% playable and enjoyable and engaging.

It lacks developed game modes and polish, sure. But vitriolic hatred? No way.

I’ve never seen this type of behavior in any game forum regardless of genre. Where a few misinformed individuals take time out of their lives to stalk a game and its supporters and subject them to repetitive opinion based abuse.

They aren’t in their preferred sim’s forum talking about cars, tracks or driving techniques or how to get faster, no. They are here to grief people. Plain and simple.

This is compare/cancel culture run amok.

If RD refuses monitor these individuals, I suggest everyone block them. (Its not like people read the posts anyway). Leave them in the vacuum they helped create for themselves. The conversation simply cannot advance and debating them is useless.

AMS2 is a fantastic sim and is pushing the market forward in many ways. Its 100% playable and enjoyable and engaging.

It lacks developed game modes and polish, sure. But vitriolic hatred? No way.

I’ve never seen this type of behavior in any game forum regardless of genre. Where a few misinformed individuals take time out of their lives to stalk a game and its supporters and subject them to repetitive opinion based abuse.

They aren’t in their preferred sim’s forum talking about cars, tracks or driving techniques or how to get faster, no. They are here to grief people. Plain and simple.

This is compare/cancel culture run amok.

If RD refuses monitor these individuals, I suggest everyone block them. (Its not like people read the posts anyway). Leave them in the vacuum they helped create for themselves. The conversation simply cannot advance and debating them is useless.
Censoring is not the answer, their own words will cause their mental pain in time. How do we know their intentions if we Censor them? How do we identify good from bad if we sensor people? Censorship is not the answer. Debate and ignore ignorance is. I'm sure they can learn something from this Discussion & push back from reasonable people, Censoring , they won't learn anything and it will create more underground hatred in society.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 226 13.9%