Automobilista 2 | Hotfix Update 1.1.0.5 Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Yet another new Automobilsta 2 hotfix update released on Steam recently - adding plenty of interesting fixes, tweaks, improvements and changes to the popular racing title.
  • Various physics improvements.
  • Update to Spa.
  • New community liveries.

In something of a flurry of recent updates, Reiza Studios have remained hard at work bringing yet further goodies to the AMS 2 racing simulation on Steam, with another hotfix update deployment dropping on Friday hot off the back of the recent V1.1.0.4 update of earlier this week.

Update Notes:

Automobilista 2 has now been updated to v1.1.0.5 - this is a hotfix to further complement our latest release with some additional improvements and corrections.

The update is large in size (1.6GB) because of a build error changing the checksum of some large files that have otherwise remained unchanged - we apologise in advance if that causes any inconvenience.

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

V1.1.0.5 CHANGELOG

GENERAL

• Fixed bug that could lead to vehicles receiving draft from vehicles far behind them

UI
  • Fixed distance to screen value on triple screen setup
PHYSICS
  • Further driveline adjustments & fine tuning, fixing issues with clutch slipping in upshifts with some cars
  • Adjusted default clutch setting for Stock cars, Montana, Camaro GT4R, Porsches
  • Fixed bug with F-Retro wet tires breaking physics
  • Fixed bug with F-Ultimate slicks breaking physics if driven on wet
  • Adjusted default gear ratios for M1 Procar, Group A cars
AI
  • Further improvements to AI lateral weaving/abruptness of movement
  • Added new improvements to AI behaviour when it predicts it´s going to run off the road (should reduce some causes of abrupt lateral movement / loss of control)
  • Further general A performance callibration
AUDIO
  • Caterham Academy: adjusted sounds, improved audio loops
  • Copa Fusca: Fixed engine sound drop-off during gear shifts
  • SprintRace: further improvements to audio loops
  • M1 Procar: increased volume when driving in swingman view
TRACKS
  • Spa: various fixes for lodding pop-ups, further optimization
  • Velopark: Improved wall collisions; fixed some terrain gaps; improved shadows; adjusted tire stack height; adjusted 3D grass to fix instances of wall clipping; removed shadow casting & reflections from transparent face
  • Interlagos Historic: Added startlights; removed shadow casting from transparent fences
  • Oulton Park: Added missing track lights
  • Curitiba: Adjusted HUD map zoom
  • Curvelo: Adjusted render mesh to match updated physical noise
VEHICLES:
  • Added community liveries: Copa Fusca - Fernando Goncalves #888 / Luiz Gonzaga #09 / Marcos Cruz #20 / Tom Emilsen #3422 / Troyan Donut #61 / Filomena Silva #00
  • Caterham 360 Superlight - Allan Nenes #25 / Gasper Zupan #2
  • Caterham 620R - Gyda Marvik #25 / Chris Shire #26

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to recall where we’re at with tracks that have been announced vs. what’s been released? Are the historic versions of Spa the only specific circuits that have been announced but are still out in the future?

The reason I’m asking is that I really wouldn’t mind seeing Cordoba and Buenos Aires finally brought over from AMS 1. I was just thinking/hoping that maybe they could be on the track team’s radar after work gets caught up for the tracks that have been announced.

Does anyone happen to recall where we’re at with tracks that have been announced vs. what’s been released? Are the historic versions of Spa the only specific circuits that have been announced but are still out in the future?

The reason I’m asking is that I really wouldn’t mind seeing Cordoba and Buenos Aires finally brought over from AMS 1. I was just thinking/hoping that maybe they could be on the track team’s radar after work gets caught up for the tracks that have been announced.
Historic Nords is confirmed for this* year

lol wolf

Last edited:

This is a good sim but it'll be superb if... or when Reiza Studios gets that weird chassis bounce ironed out.
The frequency is too high at the moment.
It acts as if the chassis has zero mass when touching some curbing or going off track.
It just bounces and rolls too quickly.
You can see it especially when touching curbs in this video.
The weight of the car and the compliance of the rubber is not yet well represented.
It is still fun though.

Last edited:
Cars still look like they would rotate on a stick in the center of the car and with some artificial over/understeer here and there. And that's exactly how they feel.

Given that Reiza has released countless physics updates already and cars still feel weird, i don't think this game will ever feel realistic at all.

Last edited:
Cars still look like they would rotate on a stick in the center of the car and with some artificial over/understeer here and there. And that's exactly how they feel.

Given that Reiza has released countless physics updates already and cars still feel weird, i don't think this game will ever feel realistic at all.
Out of interrest, do you have some car examples, that seem especially affected? And do you maybe even have time to record a video, showing the impression, you get? External would be also pretty nice in particular (chase/trackside for example).

Just if you have time and feel like it, of course. :)

Last edited:
Oh man! You have just mentioned two of my favorite circuits! My most driven in GTR2 & GTL, where I really got to know them. Wow, that must be an amazing place to live! How much would I love to see these two circuits in AMS2! Infact, are there any french tracks in it yet? I feel a feature request coming on!
Agree, when you get the flow of these tracks they are amazing! My last time on Dijon Prennois was in AC with the Formula 1 Renault RE30, good combo... I need Magny Cours, it's available on AC. Would be great to have both of them in AMS2. They are among the few tracks designed to suit well any category, fast or slow (well maybe the current F1 are not great on Dijon Prennois, but who would race on a modern F1 when we can race with classic ones???).

No updates for controller until now. I´m waiting too.

hey, surely you guys realize that the game is designed primarily for wheels and pedals (with daylight a long, distant second before controllers in 3rd place)?

You miss out on so much with just a controller.

Not trying to be mean - of course people play NBA2k with a keyboard! Its just the objective reality - if you play this with a controller you'd be better served doing something else with your time, is all. While its entirely feasible to do so, if a little lousy, the point of the game is not to use a controller - because in this instance a controller is too casual and not the intended experience...

It would be like playing Valve's Alex without VR....

And also - I can't imagine ANY one, ever, sorry, wanting to play Rfactor 2 with a controller. One may as well play super mario cart or something. It would be a lot more fun.

Its farcical. But good luck to you. 2 people, maybe 3, probably represent 1% of the player base, so its not insignificant a number just now - you never know your luck in a big city.

I would have thought that IF patch 1.1.0.5 didn't have controller updates - I would call that an inappreciable thing. Making such calls for it almost unacceptable.

__

People would have already paid 1000+ for a pc - and 50-100 local currency for the game itself. As such, you really owe it to yourself to experience the title with a wheel.

The price, locally? lol 300 for A FULL RIG [G27 AND FRAME AND pedals, chair]...

You know it makes sense... in US$ thats 30% less, so 210. Second hand.

Make these people offers - even if its just a G27 and pedals by itself - go to their listings and low-ball the living- farrrk out of them! lol. :)

^> ?? I refuse to believe someone who bought a g27 for 450, would want/demand to sell it for 400. Its absurd - he would need to put a 3 in front of it, and then probably at most an 8 for the next numeral. The man will probably take a lot less. He is simply looking to fund his next wheel.

Yes - there's this livid dream about gaming being inclusive - daughters of developers were apparently itching to play Battlefield but you never saw one, and 50% of wow players are girls apparently - even IF only a couple do youtube and 1 girl did gw2 on youtube - you be the judge of the dream (and my gf plays this game but its barely an interest of hers.. and lets face it driving itself is fairly ubiquitous itself) - and you can LIVE that dream - go for it, but while you do, please get a wheel at some point, all those titles are far better with a wheel.

Last edited:
Out of interrest, do you have some car examples, that seem especially affected? And do you maybe even have time to record a video, showing the impression, you get? External would be also pretty nice in particular (chase/trackside for example).

Just if you have time and feel like it, of course. :)

I keep hearing this criticism about cars turning on a stick and have no clue what it means either. The only car I would say comes to close to feeling like that is the ARC Camaro, and that thing is basically a shopping cart with a bike engine in it. Some people get really angry because the rear tyres can break loose and steering the car with power oversteer is a thing? Not every sim needs to be an ACC-style understeer simulator.

I keep hearing this criticism about cars turning on a stick and have no clue what it means either. The only car I would say comes to close to feeling like that is the ARC Camaro, and that thing is basically a shopping cart with a bike engine in it. Some people get really angry because the rear tyres can break loose and steering the car with power oversteer is a thing? Not every sim needs to be an ACC-style understeer simulator.
I don't think, he is complaining about rears braking loose, but the cars actually rotating on a perfect middle axis, instead of including the directional movement of 4 involved tires, much lateral struggle, engine position, etc.. I actually see, what he means, but i really would like to see some recordings of it, especially in external view, to isolate this impression from the also known cockpit camera explanation, that was given often in return to this.

I know games, doing these kind of things. (Colin McRae Rally 4 was an example, where you were driving around this stick the whole time to some degree) So it's interesting, if it can be definetly seen.

The ARC Camaro is a spool driven car, so it's likely to rotate more on power oversteer, of course. But it's not just about the rears breaking lose but the rotational movement also (not) "feeding back" to directional movement (in a natural manner), what the complaint is about, i think.^^

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back