Automobilista 2 | Hotfix Released, Adds Further Logitech Support

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios continue the forward progression of Automobilista 2 with another new hotfix update today - adding a multitude of further changes and the introduction of support for Logitech devices.

Recent weeks have seen a flurry up build updates and content releases for AMS 2 as Reiza Studios continue to push hard ahead of the one year anniversary for the simulation, and today we are again in reciept of a new build release - as usual packed full of nice changes and improvements to this interesting racing simulation,.

We've already highlighted the addition of Logitech support in this build, in particular support for the Logitech SDK, TrueForce technology & G923 controller - a very popular wheel in the sim racing community, but that certainly isn't the end of the good news for fans of the title.

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

Although 'only' considered a hotfix release, the build today also comes packed with a number of interesting changes, including further AI calibration, work on weather representation and other goodies relating to content and the core gameplay experience, as detailed in the update notes below:

V1.1.2.3 CHANGELOG
  • Added support new Logitech SDK, TrueForce technology & G923 controller
  • LiveTrack now applies even standard water saturation across whole track at start of session if first weather slot is rainy (previously racing line would be slightly drier)
  • Fixed bug where LiveTrack wasn't correctly identifying covered areas such as Azure tunnel.
  • Tire tread physics adjustments for F-Reiza, F-V10, F-Ultimate, F-Classic, F-Retro, F-Vintage, Procar, Group A, Group C, Superkart
  • F-Classic (all cars): Adjusted rear wing efficiency
  • Minor pneumatic trail adjustments for F-Retro, F-Vintage, F-Classics, Lancer Cup
  • Reduced braking distance threshold for AI on formula cars
  • Ai callibration pass for F-Reiza, F-Vintage, F-Trainer, Group C
  • Reduced distance AI cars factor cars behind to take a defensive line
  • Adjusted AI Grip multi for Nurburgring Veedol layout
  • Added new Stock Car Omega engine sounds.
  • Adjusted Mercedes CLK GT1 shift sounds & external engine sounds.
  • Nurburgring: Art & optimization pass for all layouts
  • Brands Hatch: Added VR trackside cams
  • MINI Cooper 1965: Reworked rear number plate; added additional skin
  • Lotus 23: Replicated default official liveries to help fill up the grid (4 in total)
  • F-Ultimate: Added Dirt/Scratch map
  • Ginetta G40 GT5: Added new livery (#28 Mike Channell)

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

For AMS 2 news and discussion the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be! Head over, start up a thread and join in the community discussion today!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know his situation, but for me with three kids, one small family room, no separate office/gaming room, and little storage space, buying a wheel and wheel stand just wasn't going to work, even a folding stand. Thankfully I found a SRW-S1 a while ago, which is a tilt sensor wheel you hold in the air, and it has allowed me to enjoy sim racing with a bit better experience than a gamepad. There aren't many great options for people that don't have room for a desk or wheel stand
Budget can also be a valid reason. Even used wheels that aren't junk seem to cost a bunch more than a nice, brand new gamepad
It's not necessary to explain to everyone about your life.Someday the situation will improve and everything be OK.

It's not necessary to explain to everyone about your life.Someday the situation will improve and everything be OK.
Yes, you're right. I could have explained more succinctly without all the personal angles. Then again, details help paint the real-world picture of people like you who have the exact same interest in sim racing and are just in different life situations

But something about the comments to either buy a wheel or stop playing sims feels like a personal dig against those of us who can't for various reasons, and it made personal things come out.

Last edited:
But, at least, it also have a much better overall behavior, much more organic. Well done, Reiza!

How hard you used to set your AI and how you do it now?

I didn't say I didn't like the new difficulty level, you misunderstood I think. But hey, maybe I express myself poorly, I do not master English well enough? On the contrary, I like how the AI behaves, just that it's harder to beat them, but I like it!

AMS 2 isn't nowhere NEAR AMS 1 gamepad capabilities. I still play Assetto Corsa and GTR 2 with gamepad but when I first drove a Stock V8 on AMS 1, I was really lurred into what was it like to feel a racing car on track. With the right adjusments the experience is unique for someone who plays gamepad only. My credit card doesn't even have the necessary limit amount to be able to purchase the cheapest steering wheel in any number of installments the store would permit. And it has a limit of R$1450! That's the reality. I would love race with a steering wheel? Yes. Do I have the means to make it happen? Hell no. A G29 without the gear handle is costing about to R$1700 and with the shifter it's R$2300. Like the other member said, the minimum wage is R$1,100. Despite the overpriced equipment, we still have the biggest inflation our currency ever had. R$100 can't afford you nothing on the supermarket. I bought AMS 2 knowing that I could not afford a steering wheel just because of the superb AMS' 1 gamepad capabilities. I've spent about 30hrs+ trying to find a decent config setup and the more I did the more became clear that is at 20% range to say the most of AMS 1 gamepad calibration code in comparison.

Last edited:
+100 for better gamepad support along the lines of AMS1, DR2, rF2.

-100 for the wheel elitists who have their heads so far up their ass they can't envisage the multiple entirely valid reasons (cost, space, accessibility/disability, convenience, etc etc) that people use gamepads for over wheels. Not to mention the fact that all simulators expressly claim gamepad support in their product description, so should support all controllers to the best of their ability.

The hilarious thing is wheel elitists swaggering around as if they're actually Senna/Prost/[insert real race driver here] when they're really soooooooo much closer to Broadbent/Gamermuscle/[insert video gamer here].

Last edited:
That is super harsh! A Logitech wheel costing twice the minimum wage! I'm blown away by that.

I've searched last month. G29 with shifter, 2333,00 brazillian Reals. Shipment not included in some cases. This came up first search:

And what about a direct drive wheel?
Here it goes:

For comparision, the car I own. (Clio 1.0, 5 doors, 2014 model)

-

"Buy a wheel" - they say. I wish it was so simple.

My point is not to sit and cry about that. I understand the situation and fairly enjoy racing with gamepad against the A.I. IF the game allows me to do it properly, wich AMS 2 is not doing so well. Actually I've unistalled and being playing only AMS 1 and GTR 2 with the anniversary patch. The first time I've got a flat tire on AMS 1 and was able to feel through the rumble effect I was pretty amazed. I've always see these comments about getting a wheel and never replied cuz some people just don't share the same reality and may never understand. It was not that expensive some years ago, I will say six or seven years but now everything it's freakinly overpriced. A liter of gas costs $5.00! How people will invest on a game with things like that? Things will get better but just not too soon. Anyways we have hope for a brighter future in our country. Thanks a lot for those who read all of this. I thought it was necessary, maybe because it's from the Reiza's country we are talking about. This "buy a wheel" thing it's starting to get me pissed.

Last edited:
AMS 2 isn't nowhere NEAR AMS 1 gamepad capabilities. ..

"Buy a wheel" - they say. I wish it was so simple.

My point is not to sit and cry about that. I understand the situation and fairly enjoy racing with gamepad against the A.I. IF the game allows me to do it properly, wich AMS 2 is not doing so well. ... This "buy a wheel" thing it's starting to get me pissed.

Yeah, the wheel elitists are assholes.

Reiza has said they are working on better gamepad support, but they really need to start making it happen.

Anyway, try these settings for AMS2 - they're the best I've been able to come up with for now.

Use the default AMS2 gamepad settings, but change steering sensitivity to 10 (WTF? 10??? wait, hear me out...) and throttle/brake sensitivity to 30.

Dropping SS to 10 gives you micro directional control at speed, and also allows counter steering control + cornering slide control. Leave the car setup steering lock at default initially though. It's the interaction between the controller steering curves and the car steering lock that make them so hard to control on gamepad, and currently this setting is working for me. Some cars, like the Porsche GT3 with default steering lock at 25, need it dropped back to ~17 to match the stick control range.

T/B at 30 gives a finer control curve on the throttle/brake as these cars really respond to T/B control. You can't just mash the T/B, you have to imagine you are using your feet dancing on the pedals (even T/B at the same time as needed) and emulate that as close as you can with the limited range of the gamepad triggers with the right control curve.

Some cars work better with ABS/TC at authentic, some better if you set ABS/TC to low or high (OMG WHAT A LOSER THEY'RE USING ASSISTS HAHAHAA cry the wheel elitists - whatever, if it works to have control and fun ****ing use it). Generally I start with them on Authentic and if you keep spinning out too much start with ABS/TC low and adjust from there. After a while turn them off again and see if your control has gotten better or just leave them on. No big deal, whatever lets you have the most fun should be the only rule.

You're playing a game after all, just the same as the wheel elitists are in their spare bedroom with their racing suit and gloves on pretending they're gamermuscle.

SC is unusable generally so set to OFF, though can help sometimes for learning a new car that's very twitchy. Feels like you're fighting it after a while, which is probably the point when you can turn it off once you can feel that.

I've spent a lot of time over the beta testing a whole range of settings and these are working best for me now, and it's the best AMS2 has felt on gamepad since the beta launched.

Try it with a range of cars from the low speed Fusca's to the Omega Stock Car 99 to higher speed demons to get a feel for them, while mixing up the tracks from oval like Goania outer to ones with lots of cornering.

Hopefully they'll add better gamepad feedback (like AMS1/DR2/rF2) and settings controls (visual curves would be the best) soon like they've promised.

Last edited:
Yeah, the wheel elitists are assholes.

Reiza has said they are working on better gamepad support, but they really need to start making it happen.

Anyway, try these settings for AMS2 - they're the best I've been able to come up with for now.

Use the default AMS2 gamepad settings, but change steering sensitivity to 10 (WTF? 10??? wait, hear me out...) and throttle/brake sensitivity to 30.

Dropping SS to 10 gives you micro directional control at speed, and also allows counter steering control + cornering slide control. Leave the car setup steering lock at default though. It's the interaction between the controller steering curves and the car steering lock that make them so hard to control on gamepad, and currently this setting is working for me. YMMV though!

T/B at 30 gives a finer control curve on the throttle/brake as these cars really respond to T/B control. You can't just mash the T/B, you have to imagine you are using your feet dancing on the pedals (even T/B at the same time as needed) and emulate that as close as you can with the limited range of the gamepad triggers with the right control curve.

Some cars work better with ABS/TC at authentic, some better if you set ABS/TC to low or high (OMG WHAT A LOSER THEY'RE USING ASSISTS HAHAHAA cry the wheel elitists - whatever, if it works to have control and fun ****ing use it). Generally I start with them on Authentic and if you keep spinning out too much start with ABS/TC low and adjust from there. After a while turn them off again and see if your control has gotten better or just leave them on. No big deal, whatever lets you have the most fun should be the only rule.

You're playing a game after all, just the same as the wheel elitists are in their spare bedroom with their racing suit and gloves on pretending they're gamermuscle.

SC is unusable generally so set to OFF, though can help sometimes for learning a new car that's very twitchy. Feels like you're fighting it after a while, which is probably the point when you can turn it off once you can feel that.

I've spent a lot of time over the beta testing a whole range of settings and these are working best for me now, and it's the best AMS2 has felt on gamepad since the beta launched.

Try it with a range of cars from the low speed Fusca's to the Omega Stock Car 99 to higher speed demons to get a feel for them, while mixing up the tracks from oval like Goania outer to ones with lots of cornering.

Hopefully they'll add better gamepad feedback (like AMS1/DR2/rF2) and settings controls (visual curves would be the best) soon like they've promised.

Thanks for the tips. I usually played with SS from 13 to 26, with damping always at half of the SS. Speed sensivity at around 78 - 83 and T/B on the right analog stick set to a maximum of 15. Not to be forgotten, the steering lock range set from 20 to 26 depending on the car. Assists off, only clutch obviously. I was also using xbox360ce for smoothing the analog sensivity curve, which helped. Like I said I've spent more than 30 hours to get to know how I could figure it out the best settings but even after I "got it right" I felt so much less refinement than the previous title. AMS 1 on gamepad with the right settings drives even better than GT6 which is a natively gamepad "arcade-ish" game. It's the pinnacle of what a SIM could be on a gamepad.

I'm using a legit dualshock 2 with adapter btw. Fun fact it is that you do not have rumble vibration set to gamepad but if you go and set the preset to wheel, now you got the rumble vibration. Of course it's unplayable but it is quite curious. I've read that's xinput/directinput related but don't get it why the wheel preset enables it lol.

I'm planning to send a detailed report to Reiza about this matter but I was waiting for them to get other things done and right since I recognize there's a lot of other things that matters the most for them as a company. But given the time the sim it's out there, yes maybe I'll start this report soon.

Last edited:
@VFX Pro
@Bert Austen @roky
Really guys that's your contribution to the thread, no wonder people complain about how toxic some members of the community are.
I'm sorry that some RD members aren't having fun the way you think they should, but that is their right and for you to make sneering condescending comments is disgraceful.
Considering how well our small niche community came together over the past week in a cause to then find these attitudes towards fellow members is really sad.

Last edited:
@VFX Pro
@Bert Austen @roky
Really guys that's your contribution to the thread, no wonder people complain about how toxic some members of the community are.
I'm sorry that some RD members aren't having fun the way you think they should, but that is their right and for you to make sneering condescending comments is disgraceful.
Considering how well our small niche community came together over the past week in a cause to then find these attitudes towards fellow members is really sad.

Good post.

Some people fail to realise their version of the world isn’t the only version.

Sim racing is pretty niche, and if we all are more welcoming and inclusive, it is not only a nicer way to be, it is also better for all of us. This is what is so annoying about the ‘sim wars’.

If people don’t like something, they should just move on. Spreading bad vibes and even hate is damaging to you, to others and the whole community.

Some of my happiest sim racing memories are playing MSR or GT3 on a game pad. These days it sometimes feels like a competition to see who’s got the best gear.

...Like I said I've spent more than 30 hours to get to know how I could figure it out the best settings but even after I "got it right"

I have 212 hours on the AMS2 beta and 117 hrs on the AMS2 Release, and I'm still tuning it.
It changes as the sim changes, so arriving at one settings config that might work will not work later.

I've done every combo of controller settings + steering lock + Razor curves + Steam controller curves etc (well, not every combo but a shitload exploring what's possible)

>> T/B on the right analog stick set to a maximum of 15

If you do this via stick instead of triggers you can't apply brake at the same time as throttle, which is a technique you can use from time to time (depending on the sensitivity curve). AMS2 supports this, but rF2 doesn't.

I find it's best to just stick to the base game settings without adding external control modulation, as that's quicker to understand and tune when the game has shifted under you.

The settings I explained above are based on the most recent release.
I scratched all my old ones and went back to default settings to work it up from there.

There's not enough gamepad settings visualization to make it easy (be nice if they had the same as MSFS 2020 https://ibb.co/gdHpKqb ), so I've reverted to keeping it as simple as possible now.

Anway, have fun! (even you keyboard/mouse jockeys out there, that is hardcore!)

Last edited:
I agreed with you, just added something.

How do you set your AI?

Hello ;) , I set the IA in this way: Opponen Skill Level 100 and aggression 50, it suits me well. But sometimes I change because according to the circuits and cars it is not always the same thing, the difficulty is different while the parameters are identical. In general, I'm starting at the last position, I give myself a certain number of tours and I pass the IA one by one, I love that, it's funny. Or I'm just going to settle the car, to enjoy driving and improving my chronos. It is for me the best simu if we take into account the quality of the RV. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing