Automobilista 2 | Hotfix Released, Adds Further Logitech Support

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios continue the forward progression of Automobilista 2 with another new hotfix update today - adding a multitude of further changes and the introduction of support for Logitech devices.

Recent weeks have seen a flurry up build updates and content releases for AMS 2 as Reiza Studios continue to push hard ahead of the one year anniversary for the simulation, and today we are again in reciept of a new build release - as usual packed full of nice changes and improvements to this interesting racing simulation,.

We've already highlighted the addition of Logitech support in this build, in particular support for the Logitech SDK, TrueForce technology & G923 controller - a very popular wheel in the sim racing community, but that certainly isn't the end of the good news for fans of the title.

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

Although 'only' considered a hotfix release, the build today also comes packed with a number of interesting changes, including further AI calibration, work on weather representation and other goodies relating to content and the core gameplay experience, as detailed in the update notes below:

V1.1.2.3 CHANGELOG
  • Added support new Logitech SDK, TrueForce technology & G923 controller
  • LiveTrack now applies even standard water saturation across whole track at start of session if first weather slot is rainy (previously racing line would be slightly drier)
  • Fixed bug where LiveTrack wasn't correctly identifying covered areas such as Azure tunnel.
  • Tire tread physics adjustments for F-Reiza, F-V10, F-Ultimate, F-Classic, F-Retro, F-Vintage, Procar, Group A, Group C, Superkart
  • F-Classic (all cars): Adjusted rear wing efficiency
  • Minor pneumatic trail adjustments for F-Retro, F-Vintage, F-Classics, Lancer Cup
  • Reduced braking distance threshold for AI on formula cars
  • Ai callibration pass for F-Reiza, F-Vintage, F-Trainer, Group C
  • Reduced distance AI cars factor cars behind to take a defensive line
  • Adjusted AI Grip multi for Nurburgring Veedol layout
  • Added new Stock Car Omega engine sounds.
  • Adjusted Mercedes CLK GT1 shift sounds & external engine sounds.
  • Nurburgring: Art & optimization pass for all layouts
  • Brands Hatch: Added VR trackside cams
  • MINI Cooper 1965: Reworked rear number plate; added additional skin
  • Lotus 23: Replicated default official liveries to help fill up the grid (4 in total)
  • F-Ultimate: Added Dirt/Scratch map
  • Ginetta G40 GT5: Added new livery (#28 Mike Channell)

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

For AMS 2 news and discussion the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be! Head over, start up a thread and join in the community discussion today!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not talking about this update but about how the game has improved in the last few months ... Right now the game is wonderful ... They are doing an impeccable job. It is a joy to drive with all the cars and on all the circuits that I have tried. In addition, the appearance is fantastic. Congratulations, Reiza!
make sure to try the historic tracks, especially if you have a motion rig...they are incredibly fun and allow really high speeds.... great for opening up the Group C or the F-Classic with 1200hp!!

Why not simply buy a wheel like the rest of the world. It's like complaining that it's hard to play tennis with a snow shovel!! Use the right tool.
I don't know his situation, but for me with three kids, one small family room, no separate office/gaming room, and little storage space, buying a wheel and wheel stand just wasn't going to work, even a folding stand. Thankfully I found a SRW-S1 a while ago, which is a tilt sensor wheel you hold in the air, and it has allowed me to enjoy sim racing with a bit better experience than a gamepad. There aren't many great options for people that don't have room for a desk or wheel stand
Budget can also be a valid reason. Even used wheels that aren't junk seem to cost a bunch more than a nice, brand new gamepad

Why not simply buy a wheel like the rest of the world. It's like complaining that it's hard to play tennis with a snow shovel!! Use the right tool.

I agree with you, but the guy have bought the game and it was sold as compatible with a joystick. I have the opinion, that he has the right to ask for a better adjustment for his joystick. Now I would advise him to buy a good steering wheel and pedals, if he has the financial resources, because it is a real pleasure! Especially with this wonder of AMS2 !!!! Thanks Reiza!
On the other hand, please, make the mirrors adjustable in VR, thank you !!!

Last edited:

Oh man, what a sad comment...
Game pad is something not crucial, but should have a decent (at least) compatibility, for both people who don't know the world of simracing, to get into this world (aka newcomers) [I hope that simracing is not a restricted club for only enthusiasts who are just a longe time on the scene] and people who is in budget and can't buy a wheel for any reason, and get their gamepads (countries like Brasil, steering wheel gets hugely more expensive day by day)

Anyway
Obrigado Reiza

Why is there so much focus on late evening screenshots? If we're trying to simulate real racing, wouldn't we strive to perfect 1pm lighting? Would that Omega have ever raced at 6 or 7pm like the lighting suggests? Probably not?

It's like the old saying about crappy towns, it looks good in the dark!

Oh man, what a sad comment...
Game pad is something not crucial, but should have a decent (at least) compatibility, for both people who don't know the world of simracing, to get into this world (aka newcomers) [I hope that simracing is not a restricted club for only enthusiasts who are just a longe time on the scene] and people who is in budget and can't buy a wheel for any reason, and get their gamepads (countries like Brasil, steering wheel gets hugely more expensive day by day)

If you want to play with a game pad, buy a game designed for that audience, like Forza Horizon, etc...
If you want to use a simulator, buy AMS 2, iRacing, ACC, etc... buy a wheel
If you want to play tennis, buy a raquette, not a snow shovel.

Why is there so much focus on late evening screenshots? If we're trying to simulate real racing, wouldn't we strive to perfect 1pm lighting? Would that Omega have ever raced at 6 or 7pm like the lighting suggests? Probably not?
I'm kind of getting the feeling you're expressing two different concerns with this post.
1) The time of day shown in typical screenshots
2) The quality of lighting during mid-day hours

No problem if you have issues with both, but it’s not really clear where your actual grievance lies. At least not to me.

As for the time of day used in screenshots, I personally think game developers should provide at least a moderate amount of images on official web sites and Steam pages that show what mid-day conditions at typical real world racing times look like. That just seems fair to prospective customers. I certainly don’t think they need to do that for every single bit of content in their game though. I have no problems with the “coolest” or “prettiest” times of day being chosen for screenshots in any other context.

If you want to play with a game pad, buy a game designed for that audience, like Forza Horizon, etc...

No joke, for Tennis, the best videogame in the history is French and it's Tennis Elbow. Only one man in developer...

And thousands of unofficial mods.

A new game get out in 2021 : https://store.steampowered.com/app/760640/Tennis_Elbow_4/

Last edited:
Is AMS2 about ready for the primetime that is SGP? The league racing has been very good online as of late, it would be great to have a more organized venue for online racing in AMS2.
No it is not ready, the multiplayer Dedicated server tools, and netcode in general still need a lot of work. There are still far too many bugs in the multiplayer experience for us to even consider club races for now. We've attempted a few (non SGP) and they haven't gone very well.

Fingers crossed reiza starts to concentrate their development on the multiplayer experience soon, as I'm sure we'd all love to be racing some of the awesome combos the game has to offer online.

Last edited:
Please ask mr Heusinkveld to make a OSW setting cause that would make AMS2 even better
That would be nice but, he's not involved in AMS2 development. ;)

I use a SimuCube1 and find the FFB quite good using the "Default" profile. There are also some excellent custom profiles (Silver Raw) that work great and can be edited.

AMS2 FFB settings appear a bit different at first glance but, the fundamental effects still apply.

Gain: FFB Strength ( I set the overall level at 35% / Use Per-car to preference)
LFB: 0-25% is a good starting range (not the same as Min. Force in other titles)
FX: 0-50% / Engine Idle, Track Surface detail & tire-scrub effect level, etc.
Damping: I use about 50% /// Applies some Gyro effect, affects wheel response speed, preserves unique car steering characteristics, etc. It's best to set SimuCube Damping to zero when using in-game Damping in order to get full benefit of each car's steering feel.

SimuCube:
Output: 80%
Reconstruction Filter (SC1): 6
TBW: Ultd.
Friction: 5-7%
Damping 0
Inertia: 0

Don't be so elitist, please :thumbsup:

In Reiza's country, an entry level wheel costs more than the monthly minimal wage (an old G27 cost around R$1.700, that is R$600 over the minimum monthly wage). So, people have to give a lot of thinking before put their money on things like that.

And the experience of playing an arcade (even a simcade) is VERY different than playing a simulator, so there is no point to waste time on A if you really want B. I know a lot of people that only got interested on racing games after they play their first simulator... and ALL of them (me included) begin playing it on a gamepad or even on keyboard. So, there is no shame on supporting these players... specially that racing games are one of the less popular videogame genres.

Cheers!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing