Automobilista 2 | Hotfix Released, Adds Further Logitech Support

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios continue the forward progression of Automobilista 2 with another new hotfix update today - adding a multitude of further changes and the introduction of support for Logitech devices.

Recent weeks have seen a flurry up build updates and content releases for AMS 2 as Reiza Studios continue to push hard ahead of the one year anniversary for the simulation, and today we are again in reciept of a new build release - as usual packed full of nice changes and improvements to this interesting racing simulation,.

We've already highlighted the addition of Logitech support in this build, in particular support for the Logitech SDK, TrueForce technology & G923 controller - a very popular wheel in the sim racing community, but that certainly isn't the end of the good news for fans of the title.

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

Although 'only' considered a hotfix release, the build today also comes packed with a number of interesting changes, including further AI calibration, work on weather representation and other goodies relating to content and the core gameplay experience, as detailed in the update notes below:

V1.1.2.3 CHANGELOG
  • Added support new Logitech SDK, TrueForce technology & G923 controller
  • LiveTrack now applies even standard water saturation across whole track at start of session if first weather slot is rainy (previously racing line would be slightly drier)
  • Fixed bug where LiveTrack wasn't correctly identifying covered areas such as Azure tunnel.
  • Tire tread physics adjustments for F-Reiza, F-V10, F-Ultimate, F-Classic, F-Retro, F-Vintage, Procar, Group A, Group C, Superkart
  • F-Classic (all cars): Adjusted rear wing efficiency
  • Minor pneumatic trail adjustments for F-Retro, F-Vintage, F-Classics, Lancer Cup
  • Reduced braking distance threshold for AI on formula cars
  • Ai callibration pass for F-Reiza, F-Vintage, F-Trainer, Group C
  • Reduced distance AI cars factor cars behind to take a defensive line
  • Adjusted AI Grip multi for Nurburgring Veedol layout
  • Added new Stock Car Omega engine sounds.
  • Adjusted Mercedes CLK GT1 shift sounds & external engine sounds.
  • Nurburgring: Art & optimization pass for all layouts
  • Brands Hatch: Added VR trackside cams
  • MINI Cooper 1965: Reworked rear number plate; added additional skin
  • Lotus 23: Replicated default official liveries to help fill up the grid (4 in total)
  • F-Ultimate: Added Dirt/Scratch map
  • Ginetta G40 GT5: Added new livery (#28 Mike Channell)

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

For AMS 2 news and discussion the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be! Head over, start up a thread and join in the community discussion today!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I have 212 hours on the AMS2 beta and 117 hrs on the AMS2 Release, and I'm still tuning it.
It changes as the sim changes, so arriving at one settings config that might work will not work later.

I've done every combo of controller settings + steering lock + Razor curves + Steam controller curves etc (well, not every combo but a shitload exploring what's possible)

>> T/B on the right analog stick set to a maximum of 15

If you do this via stick instead of triggers you can't apply brake at the same time as throttle, which is a technique you can use from time to time (depending on the sensitivity curve). AMS2 supports this, but rF2 doesn't.

I find it's best to just stick to the base game settings without adding external control modulation, as that's quicker to understand and tune when the game has shifted under you.

The settings I explained above are based on the most recent release.
I scratched all my old ones and went back to default settings to work it up from there.

There's not enough gamepad settings visualization to make it easy (be nice if they had the same as MSFS 2020 https://ibb.co/gdHpKqb ), so I've reverted to keeping it as simple as possible now.

Anway, have fun! (even you keyboard/mouse jockeys out there, that is hardcore!)

Yeah, I'm very aware that the T/B at the same time isn't possible sharing the same stick but it is a dualshock 2 with no analog triggers. I do have the x360 controller from my console but the left analog stick position really hurts you after 30min and tends to be less accurate on racing titles than the dualshock stick layout for me. I'm planning to buy a dualshock 4 (that stills $250+) exactly because of this matter of T/B but its analog life span well known to be kind of a joke keeps me off from now at least. I've already searched for a top-notch third party dualshock 4 layout Razr gamepad and the price it's near $1000. It's a nice thing to know that AMS 2 supports T/B at the same time on gamepad. I did noticied the improvement along the builds but still far-off from ideal. I love this sim, don't get me wrong. Thank you for all the tips and shared knowledge.

Last edited:
Why is there so much focus on late evening screenshots? If we're trying to simulate real racing, wouldn't we strive to perfect 1pm lighting? Would that Omega have ever raced at 6 or 7pm like the lighting suggests? Probably not?

I don't about this specific series but in the past some race series like Australian V8 Supercar usually had races late in the day with finish almost at sunset!

Although I know what you mean it's like almost every official ACC screnshoot is in the rain. :)

I wish it didn’t have the fastest time in that car and track because when I feel it was a great time then look at the Aliens I cry lol
When all is said and done with AMS2’s development, I would definitely like to see offline personal bests implemented within the game similar to how they were in AMS1. Even on my own wish list though, I’d probably put that at or near the bottom. I also couldn’t really blame Reiza for never implementing it if they have things the way they currently are to encourage participation in time trial.

Why is there so much focus on late evening screenshots? If we're trying to simulate real racing, wouldn't we strive to perfect 1pm lighting?
It's very simple - evening lighting looks much better and a lot more dramatic than a flat pure white midday light. This applies in photography, and doubly so in gaming, where the relative simplicity of the graphics stands out even more with midday light. Evening light makes everything more colourful, there are big contrasts between light and shadow (of which there is plenty) and people love that in photos/screenshots.

Another great way to make screenshots look more appealing/artistic and also hide unwanted simplistic stuff in the background is to use shallower depth of field to blur the background. Which is also something you will see quite often with sim screenshots, especially with rF2 ;)

(Though honestly, if you ask me - which you probably won't ;) - I don't like sunset/sunrise the way they are portrayed in AMS2. They look very fake and unnatural, and I find that unfortunate. The midday or earlier afternoon/evening lighting and colors look much better in my opinion.)

Yeah, I'm very aware that the T/B at the same time isn't possible sharing the same stick but it is a dualshock 2 with no analog triggers. I do have the x360 controller from my console but the left analog stick position really hurts you after 30min and tends to be less accurate on racing titles than the dualshock stick layout for me. I'm planning to buy a dualshock 4 (that stills $250+) exactly because of this matter of T/B but its analog life span well known to be kind of a joke keeps me off from now at least. I've already searched for a top-notch third party dualshock 4 layout Razr gamepad and the price it's near $1000. It's a nice thing to know that AMS 2 supports T/B at the same time on gamepad. I did noticied the improvement along the builds but still far-off from ideal. I love this sim, don't get me wrong. Thank you for all the tips and shared knowledge.

I use a Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition with KontrolFreek Alpha - Playstation 4 stick extenders.
Not a super cheap gamepad, but also not super expensive.

I've searched last month. G29 with shifter, 2333,00 brazillian Reals. Shipment not included in some cases. This came up first search:

And what about a direct drive wheel?
Here it goes:

For comparision, the car I own. (Clio 1.0, 5 doors, 2014 model)

-

"Buy a wheel" - they say. I wish it was so simple.

My point is not to sit and cry about that. I understand the situation and fairly enjoy racing with gamepad against the A.I. IF the game allows me to do it properly, wich AMS 2 is not doing so well. Actually I've unistalled and being playing only AMS 1 and GTR 2 with the anniversary patch. The first time I've got a flat tire on AMS 1 and was able to feel through the rumble effect I was pretty amazed. I've always see these comments about getting a wheel and never replied cuz some people just don't share the same reality and may never understand. It was not that expensive some years ago, I will say six or seven years but now everything it's freakinly overpriced. A liter of gas costs $5.00! How people will invest on a game with things like that? Things will get better but just not too soon. Anyways we have hope for a brighter future in our country. Thanks a lot for those who read all of this. I thought it was necessary, maybe because it's from the Reiza's country we are talking about. This "buy a wheel" thing it's starting to get me pissed.
Man I didn't know Brazil is so messed up.
This sounds even worse than my jungle of a country (Serbia).

After almost 20 years of simracing, I'm finally on a brink of building a rig with a decent PC and a VR headset.
I'm so grateful for what I have.
I don't get people whining about slow loading times, bad graphics etc.

I know what real problems are, and your story makes me sad.
If I had the means, I would literally send you a god damn Logitech DFGT.

Man I didn't know Brazil is so messed up.
This sounds even worse than my jungle of a country (Serbia).

After almost 20 years of simracing, I'm finally on a brink of building a rig with a decent PC and a VR headset.
I'm so grateful for what I have.
I don't get people whining about slow loading times, bad graphics etc.

I know what real problems are, and your story makes me sad.
If I had the means, I would literally send you a god damn Logitech DFGT.

That's nice of you, you are a kind person. Thanks for your empathy.

If you have a lot of money, Brazil is a nice place to live actually. If you don't have the money, well, then you are pretty much f***ed up lol. By any means I'm still privilleged cuz I live on the south portion of the land, despite the intensified racism rate of the region and its separatists ideologies which comes from ages ago (yeah, "confederated states" vibes).

People who live in some regions of the northeast doesn't even have piped water. The social inequality here it's brutal and gotten even worse since the right-wing administrations that followed the coup d'Etat of 2016.

Working class rights ripped off, socials programs choked up, a pension reform who get people do die before they can be elligible to the benefit so they could stop working with some dignity, massive unemployment rates, the well known sistematically killing of black and poor people by the law enforcement agencies etc... All of that with the rich people getting richier like bank and company owners, corrupt politicians and these sorts. If that wasn't enough, we got the true messenger of death, president Jair Bolsonaro with his huge denial of safety measures during the pandemic leading to thousands of brazillian's deaths. Questioned by the press about the massive amount of deaths he replied: "So what? I'm not gravedigger!".

Yet I'm still gratefull that we have food on our table. We have our house, our car and a nice fat cat LOL. So on my personal side of things life's great despite the social side of things. I've got nothing to complain about my own life, others are having so much less than me to hold on to. When the time comes, for sure I'll get a wheel =D

Sorry folks if this was too much but for whoever says for somebody to buy anything, please mind your words and try at least to think if there's some reason why someone doesn't have that thing yet. I'm very grateful for the people who are aware that things are not the same for everybody.

Last edited:
That's nice of you, you are a kind person. Thanks for your empathy.

If you have a lot of money, Brazil is a nice place to live actually. If you don't have the money, well, then you are pretty much f***ed up lol. By any means I'm still privilleged cuz I live on the south portion of the land, despite the intensified racism rate of the region and its separatists ideologies which comes from ages ago (yeah, "confederated states" vibes).

People who live in some regions of the northeast doesn't even have piped water. The social inequality here it's brutal and gotten even worse since the right-wing administrations that followed the coup d'Etat of 2016.

Working class rights ripped off, socials programs choked up, a pension reform who get people do die before they can be elligible to the benefit so they could stop working with some dignity, massive unemployment rates, the well known sistematically killing of black and poor people by the law enforcement agencies etc... All of that with the rich people getting richier like bank and company owners, corrupt politicians and these sorts. If that wasn't enough, we got the true messenger of death, president Jair Bolsonaro with his huge denial of safety measures during the pandemic leading to thousands of brazillian's deaths. Questioned by the press on the massive amount of deaths he replied: "So what? I'm not gravedigger!".

Yet I'm still gratefull that we have food on our table. We have our house, our car and a nice fat cat LOL. So on my personal side of things life's great despite the social side of things. I've got nothing to complain about my own life, others are having so much less than me to hold on to. When the time comes, for sure I'll get a wheel =D

Sorry folks if this was too much but for whoever says for somebody to buy anything, please mind your words and try at least to think if there's some reason why someone doesn't have that thing yet. I'm very grateful for the people who are aware that things are not the same for everybody.

I completely understand what you're saying my friend, many things you mentioned are pretty much the same here in my country.
For me, simracing is a form of escapism that keeps me sane in this horrible world.
Brazil, Serbia, Afghanistan, it's all the same.
If it wasn't for my late grandfather who left me some money, I would never be able to afford a simracing rig.
Driving around in circles in a virtual car is a privilege many people take for granted.
That's why folks from the US and Western Europe can't comprehend why you don't own a wheel.

Hold on to your loved ones and keep hoping a better future will come one day.
I wish you all the best!

That's why folks from the US and Western Europe can't comprehend why you don't own a wheel.

I'm in the UK mate and can totally understand why people don't own a wheel! I'm a low paid keyworker grafting my ass off! A roof over your head and food on the table is more important than having the best sim racing rig in my book! I personally don't care what equipment people use, KB/Mouse, Controller or wheel, So what! So long as they are enjoying their sim racing is all that really matters, I have a T300, It's does its job nicely for me and i busted my ass doing extra work hours to pay for it so i appreciate it, Do i want a DD wheel? Yes, Do i want to have to pay the price they cost? No! So i'm happy using a T300! Life is full of willy wavers bragging that they have the best of everything, I just ignore them :)

Last edited:
The global economic system we pretty much all live under is premised on the simple message that hard work = more financial success. Although there is obviously some truth in this, it is a very limited perspective, and does not tell the whole story.

The biggest factor in anyone’s financial circumstances is luck. Where you are born, your parents level of education, your own genetics are all just part of the lottery of life.

The system convinces those that are lucky, that their success is down to their own actions, when really, that probably represents about 10% of the equation. Anyone doing well financially in this world, should cultivate a sense of gratitude rather than snobbery.

To fellow sim fans that haven’t been so lucky in life’s lottery, my best wishes to you all.

Sorry for the OT.

Last edited:
The global economic system we pretty much all live under is premised on the simple message that hard work = more financial success. Although there is obviously some truth in this, it is a very limited perspective, and does not tell the whole story.

The biggest factor in anyone’s financial circumstances is luck. Where you are born, your parents level of education, your own genetics are all just part of the lottery of life.

The system convinces those that are lucky, that their success is down to their own actions, when really, that probably represents about 10% of the equation. Anyone doing well financially in this world, should cultivate a sense of gratitude rather than snobbery.

To fellow sim fans that haven’t been so lucky in life’s lottery, my best wishes to you all.

Sorry for the OT.
Well, the way we measure productivity is completely naff. Like, a Renault and a BMW take about the same time to be built however the cost of a BMW is generally higher than a Renault. Does that mean that a worker in Germany is more productive than a worker in France?

had a recent chat with a friend of mine who has a startup that is doing really, really well. He is the first to admit that he was lucky as hell. The Pandemic hit and his company flourished due to the nature of their business. He is doing very well at the moment and it was truly thanks to the current world situation. He hasn't become more productive and if anything he is working less so his financial success was wholly due to some business acumen and a lot of luck.

As a gamepad user I can say: AMS 2 is fixed. I can drive retros and classics at Monaco with 96% AI max agression and full damage at the high preset just while I'm testing and getting used to the new models. No force feedback, just the visual cue - That says a lot. Of course there's so much for improvement and future hotfixes but at the main core and what makes a game enjoyable, they finally turned into the right direction. Sorry but I had to come back here, this is really special for me and for a lot of people. What a relief, everybody at the community and the developers deserved this moment. Cheers!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%