Automobilista 2 | Hotfix 1.0.6.2 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have recently deployed a new hotfix build update for Automobilista 2 on Steam - available to download the next time players restart their Steam client.
  • Nürburgring Sprint Short layout added.
  • Various game fixes.
  • Updated bump steer lock on all cars.
AMS 2 Update middle.jpg

Busy times at Reiza Studios in recent days, following the large 1.0.6 update release of late November, the studio have dropped yet another new hotfix update build for the ever developing simulation - adding a number of new fixes, updates and improvements as AMS 2 continues on its impressive development trajectory.

Chief amongst the new build highlights in terms of content is the addition of the 'Sprint Short' layout of the German Nurburgring Circuit, added to the title as additional content for players who already own the Nurburgring DLC, and some nice sounding improvements to the ever in progress AI behaviour within the game, some of which is general across all cars, and some is specific to certain tracks within the title.

The full 1.0.6.2 hotfix changelog and be seen below:

Update Notes:
  • Added Nurburgring Sprint Short layout
  • UI Server Browser: Disabled refresh button during cool-down period; Sort by player count descending is now default; Trimmed leading whitespace from lobby names; first item after refreshing/sorting list is now selected
  • Slow server list refresh rate and extend maximum timeout. Refresh now typically takes longer but reliably returns more servers to the UI browser page as a result.
  • Added support for car livery overrides
  • Fixed Stockcar 2020 Championship round 5 (Santa Cruz) missing rolling start and forced pitstop.
  • Revised tire tread physics for all cars (in progress)
  • Bumped steer lock range for all cars
  • Minor aero adjustments for F-Vintage, Copa Truck, Procar, Group A, Opala 86, F-Retro
  • F-Ultimate: raised baseline rear pressure
  • Increased speed tolerance to trigger jump start penalty
  • Revised FFB Max force for several cars for better consistency
  • Fixed asymetrical right front damper range in Procar
  • Revised suspension & bumpstop rates for Procar, Ginetta G58 (requires setup reset)
  • Minor weight distribution adjustment for Procar, Super V8
  • Improved AI performance at Ibarra
  • AI callibration pass (all classes)
  • Slightly increased AI roll torque stab & CoG height multiplier to minimise risk of AI cars rolling over high curbs
  • Adjusted AI code to help prevent small nose to tail bumps between AI during race starts and when drafting
  • AI now return to track in a safer manner after slipping or going off road
  • Further reductions in AI lateral jitter / weaving / abrupt moves
  • Slightly reduced bump amplitude of gravel / grass
  • Several audio balancing adjustments to GT3 & P1 cars volume levels (internal & external)
  • Nurburgring: Added missing wall at Breidscheid; minor art & performance pass; Completed VR cams for Nordschleife / 24H layouts
  • Fixed helicopters disappearing on some tracks
  • Slight tweaks to animated objects @ Brands Hatch & Bathurst
  • Bathurst: Slight improvements to night lights optimization; revised trackside cameras
  • F-Trainer: Fixed black external mirrors
  • BMW M3 E30 GroupA: Fixed windshield banner; Fixed rear wing texture error on car 02

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Check out the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great community resource to help you maximise your experience within the simulation.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
That's true but then you just end up with a really muffled sound. Plus if you want to really recreate real life you have the engine sound coming through speakers and your radio comes coming through headset or headphones like on flight sims. That would do some of that blocking for you automatically so in that case you'd say that you'd want an authentic sound through the speakers rather then muffled one.

Let's just keep it simple shall we :)

Eh, well, PC2 did A Helmet mix plus the team radio through a separate channel (PS4 controller FTW!)

This is not about me wanting a muffled sound by default. I don't know where reading comprehension has gone. It's about the fact that GoPro mics do not pick up the full range of cockpit noise, and seeing as though the majority of people won't have a speaker setup plus in-earphones plus a helmet, then having a helmet mix as an option would be more "authentic."

See? I put that in quotes now. :D

EA buys codemasters.

Who purchased SMS....

Not sure why its not in news on here yet.

Wonder if it could have any affect on Reizas contract with SMS?
They didn't buy Codemasters yet, they did an offer and TakeTwo might still do a counteroffer. I can't imagine it will mean anything to the contract Reiza and SMS have.

They didn't buy Codemasters yet, they did an offer and TakeTwo might still do a counteroffer. I can't imagine it will mean anything to the contract Reiza and SMS have.

The game engine licence agreement between SMS and Reiza will not be impacted by the purchase of Codemasters by EA or T2. Such agreement includes clauses that protect the licensee from such scenario. It's all fairly standard.
Should it be the case, they could seek for a significant financial compensation from whoever ends-up purchasing Codemasters.

About AMS2:
It is shaping good but still needs work on some areas, I still prefer AMS1 but probably I am very biased towards it

About Codemasters:
I don't know if EA will buy it or not (I am worried for Operation Flashpoint future...how will it coexist with Battlefield?) but I would like to know how many will still work for Codemasters/SMS or move to other studios like SimBin (which lately seems to be back on business) or whatever...

Funny! :D

A small minority of what, though? I did not write that I wanted muffled sounds.

This is a conditional statement. :)

I am sure they assume people will not be wearing a bunch of gear over their ears, but if you've ever been in a race car, you know that after a lap or two you would be begging for something to muffle the sound.

PC2 did a decent job emulating the helmet muffle.

A pity that they do not separate the various audio pieces into different channels. Gear whine / Engine & Turbo / Gear Shift / Chassis / Brake Noise / Tyre Slip & Lock / Wind / Road Noise / Radio / Misc. Presumably those are all procedurally generated sounds, so could have their own mix.
Yes, I agree with having more settings for audio. RaceRoom does it very well and although ACC has many excellent quality sound samples & great sound reflection, I find RaceRoom audio to be more immersive overall. The ability to tune more sounds + great dynamics + details (such as dynamic backfire effects) make RaceRoom audio the frontrunner, imo.

I prefer clear, rich, fully dynamic car sounds with the option of "muffled audio" (except radio coms) for players that prefer it. I think that's the best of both worlds to accommodate the vast majority of players.

although ACC has many excellent quality sound samples & great sound reflection, I find RaceRoom audio to be more immersive overall.

This is the second time this week I have read/heard such an opinion. I have avoided R3E because of the "canned" FFB that some rF2 players, whose opinions I respect, are reporting. So, on a side note, how do you rate R3E compared to rF2?

I prefer clear, rich, fully dynamic car sounds with the option of "muffled audio" (except radio coms) for players that prefer it. I think that's the best of both worlds to accommodate the vast majority of players.

In general, so do I. And I have a nice pair of Sennheiser IE400s that I put in my ears to muffle the speakers. I don't want to just turn everything down - the point is to hear the important sounds but not in a way that reminds me of those long hours trackside when I'm grateful for my earplugs.

Auditory health awareness in real life racing has come a long way - it would be ironic for sim racers to damage their hearing with overly enthusiastic car noise. :D

When I only had a PS4, I played Project Cars 2 with the helmet view and associated muffling and I found that I preferred that for most cars.

I have avoided R3E because of the "canned" FFB that some rF2 players, whose opinions I respect, are reporting

So, you have no personal opinion, but some dude who likes RF2 says it is canned and you make a decision on how to play or not play your game!
Lucky for you they did not recommend to burn your rig. :O_o:

Last edited:
This is the second time this week I have read/heard such an opinion. I have avoided R3E because of the "canned" FFB that some rF2 players, whose opinions I respect, are reporting. So, on a side note, how do you rate R3E compared to rF2?

In general, so do I. And I have a nice pair of Sennheiser IE400s that I put in my ears to muffle the speakers. I don't want to just turn everything down - the point is to hear the important sounds but not in a way that reminds me of those long hours trackside when I'm grateful for my earplugs.

Auditory health awareness in real life racing has come a long way - it would be ironic for sim racers to damage their hearing with overly enthusiastic car noise. :D

When I only had a PS4, I played Project Cars 2 with the helmet view and associated muffling and I found that I preferred that for most cars.
rF2 is my favorite when it comes to ffb due to the way the it provides an excellent sense of cornering intensity while also conveying grip-loss and bump detail through the steering. I've not found another title that can match it, at least with the S397 content.

RaceRoom ffb is decent for me but, it has enough settings to make it pretty versatile and adaptable. Between the game-ffb settings and my wheel-settings, it's reasonably informative and immersive ffb. RaceRoom ffb does not generally provide fine surface detail like other titles can though.

The whole "real vs. canned effects" argument seems silly to me. In the greater context of things virtual vs. real, the act of simulation is not real, it's virtual. Yet the results we experience, can seem real, and the satisfaction enjoyed is certainly real enough to us. That's the more significant factor imo. If fake or "canned" effects achieve that same result (for some at least), how can it be wrong?

In terms of consumer level Simulations, all titles make comprises in some way, none are 100% reality based.
For example: iRacing & RaceRoom have physical drive-train models whereas, rF2 / PC1&2 / AC / ACC / AMS1&2 do not (or at least very rudimentary ones). So perhaps, one could say those titles use canned effects (if any) for the drive-train.

At the end of the day, we should play the titles that check off the most boxes that represent the results we enjoy most.:thumbsup:

Regarding Audio, a little common sense can go a long way to maintaining our hearing health. My time working in manufacturing facilities and recreating in dance clubs (when I was much younger) have contributed to far more hearing damage than my Sim-racing does. Still, I have to admit to cranking up the volume on occasion, especially in replays with the GT1 mod cars in AC.:D

Until PC4 arrives AMS2 keep me busy

The game engine licence agreement between SMS and Reiza will not be impacted by the purchase of Codemasters by EA or T2. Such agreement includes clauses that protect the licensee from such scenario. It's all fairly standard.
Should it be the case, they could seek for a significant financial compensation from whoever ends-up purchasing Codemasters.
Preaching to the choir ;-)

• Deleted member 197115

So, you have no personal opinion, but some dude who likes RF2 says it is canned and you make a decision on how to play or not play your game!
Lucky for you they did not recommend to burn your rig. :O_o:

What a ridiculous straw man argument.

Did I ask you? Seems not.

Unlucky for you that you don't have any friends who understand what you appreciate about software and tell you not to waste your time, with so many other titles out there, so many mods, so many setups, so many settings.

I have also avoided iRacing because the same people tell me that the tyre model is frustrating and it's not worth investing time and money into.

So, if you happen to agree with their opinion, you think I should listen to their advice. If you happen to disagree with their opinion, you think their advice is worthless.

Truly, we have reached an inflection point in human intellect.

"Canned FFB" doesn't really mean anything. If you don't like the artificial FFB effects, you can turn them all off. That will leave you with all the FFB coming from the tyres and steering rack, which are still pretty good in R3E. Also the game is free to try out so why listen to someone else's opinion.

I hear the kerb FFB is canned. That would be enough for me to not want to fiddle around for hours.

Why listen? Because, time.

Last edited:
The whole "real vs. canned effects" argument seems silly to me. In the greater context of things virtual vs. real, the act of simulation is not real, it's virtual. Yet the results we experience, can seem real, and the satisfaction enjoyed is certainly real enough to us. That's the more significant factor imo. If fake or "canned" effects achieve that same result (for some at least), how can it be wrong?

Thanks, this is really interesting. The nuance and minutiae, for me, are important. The fine line between simulation and emulation. If people don't care for the difference, they should stop reading now. :)

In rF2, I feel the intricate detail of the tyres sliding over the kerbs, very similar to the feel in real life. You can immediately feel the difference in grip levels between the tyres on the kerbs and those still on the tarmac, and you can make tiny adjustments which is what DD is all about (IMO).

I invested $10,000+ and many hours of my free time in building a simulator, with the express purpose of recreating real life sensations as accurately *as possible* without spending more than I would on, say, a used 2000 Clio V6 Trophy. I don't care about being a fast gamer, I care about preparation for going back to the track in the next year or two.

Am I a good driver? I'm OK. I try to bring the car back in 1 piece. So far I have spent $0 in repairs in rF2 and I wish I could say the same for my real world experiences. :D

That's why I am also interested in AMS2 because I respect Reiza's seriousness about simulation, through the software-firmware-hardware-muscle-proprioception-brain interface. :geek:

I used to play PC2 on a PS4 purely for fun, not seeking to recreate any real life sensations. But between starting my own software co and Covid, I offloaded all my expensive toys.

So if I invest time into R3E or some other title, I approach it looking for rF2/AMS2 levels of fidelity. Not because I want to be a sim snob, but because I don't have a lot of free time to spend looking for ways to compensate for lack of sensation, or sufficiently inauthentic sensation that a particular title may give. That's why I stopped trying with ACC and I only invest time into AMS2 and rF2.

I hope this makes sense.

iRacing & RaceRoom have physical drive-train models whereas, rF2 / PC1&2 / AC / ACC / AMS1&2 do not (or at least very rudimentary ones). So perhaps, one could say those titles use canned effects (if any) for the drive-train.

This is new info and very interesting. Thank you.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

What gets recorded with the GoPro microphone (or other onboard cam/mic) is not really true to what you hear IRL, and with the helmet and in-earphones on, what you hear is changed again. If they want to make authentic sounds then it should always be with the earphones, balaclava and helmet over the top. Still sounds cool in real life, but different than what the GoPro picks up.
what if i want real sounds interior recorded without wearing helmets and i put helmet irl to have those sounds? :sneaky:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back