Automobilista 2 | Hotfix 1.0.6.2 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have recently deployed a new hotfix build update for Automobilista 2 on Steam - available to download the next time players restart their Steam client.
  • Nürburgring Sprint Short layout added.
  • Various game fixes.
  • Updated bump steer lock on all cars.
AMS 2 Update middle.jpg

Busy times at Reiza Studios in recent days, following the large 1.0.6 update release of late November, the studio have dropped yet another new hotfix update build for the ever developing simulation - adding a number of new fixes, updates and improvements as AMS 2 continues on its impressive development trajectory.

Chief amongst the new build highlights in terms of content is the addition of the 'Sprint Short' layout of the German Nurburgring Circuit, added to the title as additional content for players who already own the Nurburgring DLC, and some nice sounding improvements to the ever in progress AI behaviour within the game, some of which is general across all cars, and some is specific to certain tracks within the title.

The full 1.0.6.2 hotfix changelog and be seen below:

Update Notes:
  • Added Nurburgring Sprint Short layout
  • UI Server Browser: Disabled refresh button during cool-down period; Sort by player count descending is now default; Trimmed leading whitespace from lobby names; first item after refreshing/sorting list is now selected
  • Slow server list refresh rate and extend maximum timeout. Refresh now typically takes longer but reliably returns more servers to the UI browser page as a result.
  • Added support for car livery overrides
  • Fixed Stockcar 2020 Championship round 5 (Santa Cruz) missing rolling start and forced pitstop.
  • Revised tire tread physics for all cars (in progress)
  • Bumped steer lock range for all cars
  • Minor aero adjustments for F-Vintage, Copa Truck, Procar, Group A, Opala 86, F-Retro
  • F-Ultimate: raised baseline rear pressure
  • Increased speed tolerance to trigger jump start penalty
  • Revised FFB Max force for several cars for better consistency
  • Fixed asymetrical right front damper range in Procar
  • Revised suspension & bumpstop rates for Procar, Ginetta G58 (requires setup reset)
  • Minor weight distribution adjustment for Procar, Super V8
  • Improved AI performance at Ibarra
  • AI callibration pass (all classes)
  • Slightly increased AI roll torque stab & CoG height multiplier to minimise risk of AI cars rolling over high curbs
  • Adjusted AI code to help prevent small nose to tail bumps between AI during race starts and when drafting
  • AI now return to track in a safer manner after slipping or going off road
  • Further reductions in AI lateral jitter / weaving / abrupt moves
  • Slightly reduced bump amplitude of gravel / grass
  • Several audio balancing adjustments to GT3 & P1 cars volume levels (internal & external)
  • Nurburgring: Added missing wall at Breidscheid; minor art & performance pass; Completed VR cams for Nordschleife / 24H layouts
  • Fixed helicopters disappearing on some tracks
  • Slight tweaks to animated objects @ Brands Hatch & Bathurst
  • Bathurst: Slight improvements to night lights optimization; revised trackside cameras
  • F-Trainer: Fixed black external mirrors
  • BMW M3 E30 GroupA: Fixed windshield banner; Fixed rear wing texture error on car 02

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Check out the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great community resource to help you maximise your experience within the simulation.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Unlucky for you that you don't have any friends who understand what you appreciate about software and tell you not to waste your time, with so many other titles out there, so many mods, so many setups, so many settings.
When was the last time this friend of yours tried Raceroom? Because that sim has been progressively getting better and better since they hired Alex Hodgkinson to work on the physics... the guy is a mechanical engineer and a race driving instructor and he has slowly been replacing the older simplified physics with proper simulated sistems.

This post he made today on the Raceroom forum about the tire model versions might give you an idea about the improvements he has worked on for the past couple years. FFB and suspension modeling have also improved quite a lot in the meantime and IMO Raceroom is, at the moment, a better sim than AMS2 (mostly because it's more consistent), but it's also much older and had more developing time.

It's free to try with a few cars included and you can test drive any car in the store without paying for it so there's no investment needed to take your own conclusions.

• Deleted member 197115

For example: iRacing & RaceRoom have physical drive-train models whereas, rF2 / PC1&2 / AC / ACC / AMS1&2 do not (or at least very rudimentary ones). So perhaps, one could say those titles use canned effects (if any) for the drive-train.
Interesting information, can you please expand on this a bit more. What exactly does that drivetrain model include?
Thanks

Interesting information, can you please expand on this a bit more. What exactly does that drivetrain model include?
Thanks
Hey Andrew, both iRacing and RaceRoom have some advanced dynamics happing in regard to the drive-train model. The results can be seen, especially if G-force effects are enabled / Heard in engine, gearbox noise, and through the tires (traction loss), iRacing does this best. Mostly though, it can be felt in motion effects. Depending on the car, it's not just a basic shift-bump (like most titles), but can have oscillations due to radial flex of the drive-line, half-shaft's, gear-lash, etc.

AC simulates the effect (in the audio effects) to some extent but, nothing is felt in the motion effects output due to lacking the physical model. There are many threads in the rF2 forums regarding the lack of one there too.

This game is going backwards, its now as bad as the original and like Rfactor was good in its day the day has passed..
Compared to Rfactor2 and ACC its out dated it even has a reset to track button, what sim has a reset to track button? driving on grass is like ice, awful...
If you have any constructuve criticism it is very welcome over at the Reiza forums.
If you just don't like it, nobody can help you with that atm. It's ongoing development, so maybe in a month or two there is more for you to like :)

After those last updates im struggling a lot with the Stock Car Nova Geração cars, the car feels like is always with cold tyres, have no grip in specially high speedy corners.
Same here. Grip behavior is changing through updates, that's what I noticed as I'm racing almost only SCNG.
It was good, then better, then undrivable, then perfect and now again almost undrivable (make a clean race is almost mirracle).
I hope something (don't know what affects that) will change.
PS: car is super-unpredictable - same corner sends me sometimes off, sometimes too much in. Even little elevations are super-sensitive I can't litarally touch throttle to not to spin. Before update it was really better, but what I can say really clearly is: I have no clue which "version" is closer to reality. Those cars are naturaly "bitch#s" you know.. :)

Last edited:
For example: iRacing & RaceRoom have physical drive-train models whereas, rF2 / PC1&2 / AC / ACC / AMS1&2 do not (or at least very rudimentary ones). So perhaps, one could say those titles use canned effects (if any) for the drive-train.

I’m not sure about the others, but Kunos specifically said from an early stage that they wanted to avoid any artificial (canned) FFB effects in ACC.

So, if you happen to agree with their opinion, you think I should listen to their advice. If you happen to disagree with their opinion, you think their advice is worthless.

I think what he’s saying is that, where possible, it’s much better to form your own opinion rather than to listen to the opinions of others. They may be “experts”, but they’re not you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%