Automobilista 2 | Hotfix 1.0.1.2 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another sim, another hotfix! This time it is the turn of Reiza Studios, and their Automobilista 2 racing simulation.
  • Crash to desktop issues around saved setups resolved.
  • AI aggression revisions.
  • Track adjustments and various fixes.

Another new update has arrived on Steam today for Automobilista 2, the second hotfix release since the deployment of the Hockenheim DLC and the recent 1.0.1.0 update on Saturday. These small hotfix releases are a common occurrence post major build release, and are designed mostly to rectify any issues that have developed with the game following the last update.

The next major release for Automobilista 2 is scheduled for August, so don't expect this release to contain new content or substantial changes to the game, however the array of little fixes and tweaks are likely to be well received by the players of the title.

AMS 2 Update.jpg

Hotfix 1.0.1.2 Update Notes:
  • Fixed CTD when saving / loading car setups
  • Fixed in-game session lengths block displaying wrong values in multiplayer
  • Further adjustments to AI behaviour over first lap (ongoing development)
  • Further revisions of penalty system & detection of cars to be ignored when going off track (ongoing development)
  • Fixed position 6 selecting position 5 on instant replay leaderboard
  • Fixed load to frontend placeholder background image
  • Fixed text in vehicle selection screen displaying in some wrong situations
  • Fixed & corrected StockCar 2020 thumbnails
  • Fixed error in Stock Corolla causing a blank red car to load
  • Fixed error in one of the new AI personalities causing some drivers to coast to a halt
  • Further adjustments to ARC Camaro, Truck, Stock Car onboard cameras
  • Slightly reduced kart scrub radius
  • Further minor adjustments to tyre sidewalls & load damping
  • Slightly reduced AI Aggression multipliers for all cars
  • Slightly reduced grass, gravel bump amplitude for less bouncing when going off-track
  • Hockenheim: Adjusted AI pace in T2, T6 and T8 @ Hockenheim Modern; Adjusted AI pace @ final corner in 77/88 layoutsAdd some pit in/out line cones to 88/01 versions
  • Londrina: fixed broken pit exit/entry merge to main path.
  • Corrected Stock Car 2019 driver model animations
  • Stock Car 2020: Piquet Jr livery update with Extreme SimRacing logo
  • Stock Car 2019 - Collision mesh correction
  • ARC Camaro - Fixed cockpit mirrors
  • Camaro SS Added wiper animations and cockpit vibrations

Original Source: Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Alright. That crash to desktop bug when saving setups had to be fixed rapidly.

Hmm, also the bouncing when going off track... some people complained
about this - I like bouncing though.

As many F1 drivers always reply about their team's situation: "We are
working in the right direction".

Slightly reduced AI Aggression multipliers for all cars

Good to see!

I was practicing for tomorrow's RD race last night and rubbed the right door of an AI car, it than steered left and came right back at me giving me a pretty aggressive bump.....happened several times.
Really reminded me of public servers when you tap someone and they lose there **** and retaliate lol

I think this is more due to their Visual acuity (or lack thereof) as opposed to any aggression setting.

Been on this track most of the weekend and there was some strange A.I. behaviour but after the update tonight its solved, major improvement! Here's some footage from the 1977 layout and the 2002 layout with about 29 A.I. they've really smashed this one, well done Reiza!
P.S. sorry about the sound my equipment is dying!

Nice vid mate! I found it to be very interesting, especially with the way you organized it giving info about the track, its history and the gameplay afterwards. +1 sub, you deserve it!

just a tip: try changing your thumbnail from vid to vid so its more related to the content on it thus increasing the attention and your public ;D

Last edited:
I think this is more due to their Visual acuity (or lack thereof) as opposed to any aggression setting.
I agree. You can set aggression to whatever you like, and the AI will still happily ram you out of the way if it wants the racing line. They just don't seem aware of the player at all half the time. I guess there is a fine balance between AI that rolls over and avoids the player like the plague, and "realistic" AI that will hold it's ground whenever possible, but AMS 2's is just public server mentality.

AI awareness and erratic movement fixes have been in the patch notes numerous times to date, but personally I just don't see a great deal of difference.

It has been confirmed by Reiza that Aggression only affects AI VS. AI. Aggression against the player is defined by difficult. So if the AI is crashing onto your rear, trying lowering down the difficulty settings. This will be improved in the future.

So if the AI is crashing onto your rear, trying lowering down the difficulty settings.
It's not the rear, it's the side. Going side-by-side with the AI, especially anywhere near a corner, will almost certainly result in you getting rammed as if you're not even there. They either can't see you, or they simply don't care. It's been happening since day one, and is still happening now despite numerous AI updates claiming improvement.

It has been confirmed by Reiza that Aggression only affects AI VS. AI. Aggression against the player is defined by difficult.
Can you provide the source for this revelation please? If this is true then it makes no sense at all. Why would you have two different systems governing AI awareness and performance? I want the AI to race me the same as they do each other, without the mindless ramming. I don't often see them punting each other.

Is it just me or does Hockenheim National need to have track limits adjusted where the National layout peels off the bending backstretch?

It feels like you can have all four wheels on the pavement and be well inside the cones and yet still get dinged for a limits violation if you’re outside the extended “shadow” of where the physically straight portion of the National “shortcut” goes. IMO, they should either move the cones to where the limits are set or move the track limits to where the cones are.

It's not the rear, it's the side. Going side-by-side with the AI, especially anywhere near a corner, will almost certainly result in you getting rammed as if you're not even there. They either can't see you, or they simply don't care. It's been happening since day one, and is still happening now despite numerous AI updates claiming improvement.

Can you provide the source for this revelation please? If this is true then it makes no sense at all. Why would you have two different systems governing AI awareness and performance? I want the AI to race me the same as they do each other, without the mindless ramming. I don't often see them punting each other.
I watched a video now and it seems the AI run in a perfect line with perfect spacing between each other. Its not like 2 or 3 wide cars attacking each other and go natuarlly but instead that fairly typical AI in a row. Hope they mange to make them more natural and with more awareness.

Nice vid mate! I found it to be very interesting, especially with the way you organized it giving info about the track, its history and the gameplay afterwards. +1 sub, you deserve it!

just a tip: try changing your thumbnail from vid to vid so its more related to the content on it thus increasing the attention and your public ;D
+1 here as well

Is it just me or does Hockenheim National need to have track limits adjusted where the National layout peels off the bending backstretch?

It feels like you can have all four wheels on the pavement and be well inside the cones and yet still get dinged for a limits violation if you’re outside the extended “shadow” of where the physically straight portion of the National “shortcut” goes. IMO, they should either move the cones to where the limits are set or move the track limits to where the cones are.

I finally disabled penalties. It is all messed up. As for the new patch, it did seem to fix the AI clustering in corners issues. However, for me it introduced an issue with my paddle shifters (T300RS) where I can't switch into first gear at the start of a race unless I tap it twice. First time it registers, but goes back to neutral, but do it again and it goes to first. Gear shifting is fine during the race, however, while racing, if I hit the button to look behind me it works (I look behind me), but this puts my transmission in neutral. I found that if I plug my H shifter into the USB and this happens I can throw the the H-shifter in any gear, and back out and my paddle shifters start working again.

I really like the game, but may be at the point where I go back to ACC and revisit AMS2 in 6 months or so. Just so many things we have to fight with. Combine that with an AI that not only punts you off the track, but does it with such violence and determination. It has become difficult to finish a race without being punted multiple times. Add in super bouncy grass, and super bouncy sand that somehow is also harder then quicksand to get out of. I have confidence Reiza will get thing ironed out, but am guessing it is just going to take time.

Last edited:
Time to try Hockenheim. I've deleted the AMS2 folder.

Caterham should be nice to see the new track in Germany.

Do the wheel and TH8A settings.

Hard right 450 degrees WHAM in to the garage wall.

My poor G27.

Maybe I'll try AMS2 every third patch.

Try a single Race.. AI at 95 - 50% Aggression...

First half a lap they are nearly stopped at each corner - for me unplayable..
The stopping thing depends on the track. I find it most prevalent at hairpins and some chicanes, and it doesn't seem to matter what you set the AI or their aggression to.

I also find them very uncompetitive in any high-power open-wheeler... so all the F1 classes. My meagre abilities mean in most sims I set the AI somewhere around 95-105 depending on the class and track. This is also true of AMS 2 in tin-tops. But in the F1 cars I set them to 120 and am still 1-3+ seconds faster than them, even on tracks I'm blatantly rubbish at.

It's an issue I've reported at least twice, and I was asked by an official source to give details of when and where it happens... but since it happens everywhere, I didn't really see the point. If Reiza's own testing isn't picking it up then I really don't know what to say... :O_o:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%