Automobilista 2 | Hotfix 0.8.3.2 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed a small hotfix update for Automobilista 2 today - rectifying some minor issues that have occurred within the simulation since the last major build release.

The push towards version 1 release status continues for Reiza Studios, the Brazilian team once again deploying a new build to the public version of AMS 2 as they look to continue fine tuning and developing the title ahead of leaving Steam Early Access.

Not significant in size, the 0.8.3.2 update that has dropped to Steam today is purely about rectifying some minor oversights that slipped in as part of the big update yesterday, and as such contains a bare bones change log that can be read in full below:

• Fixed telemetry HUD switching
  • Added new function to improve AI skill / performance on 1st lap
  • Fixed inverted FFB on Fuscas, F-Vee, F-Vintages
  • Adjusted gearbox tolerances for P052

Reiza Studios continue to develop the simulation in anticipation of a full V1 release to Steam later in the year. If you are curious about the development path of the title, check out the recent update roadmap from Reiza (here) to get a better understanding of how the popular studio are looking to move this simulation forward in the years ahead.

Original Source: Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available on Steam Early Access now.

If you need help and support getting the most from AMS2, start a thread in our AMS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our great community help you out.

AMS 2.jpg
AMS 2 Header.jpg

At least it's not as bad as in ACC. Those are horrendous.

I don't know if all the signs are correct, but during the actual Zandvoort race there were some ACC advertorial sign at the track. Don't know if they add some extra. But the same goes for all the Nvidia sign everywere on all sims. I have never seem them in the real world. Also you'll need to license the companies you want to add, so better make a deal and earn some money for showing adverts or add some genuine looking fake ones.

Okay, yup, watching kenjp's video, the AI are getting to the point where I can tolerate them. Still no defense and a little lazy with raciness (like rF1), but that first lap behavior is significantly improved!

Now I just have to decide when to make the purchase.

Okay, yup, watching kenjp's video, the AI are getting to the point where I can tolerate them. Still no defense and a little lazy with raciness (like rF1), but that first lap behavior is significantly improved!

Now I just have to decide when to make the purchase.

The AI is forever going to have work done on it post EA, so you could be waiting for ages until it's "right" for you, I say just bite the bullet and buy the damn thing already :D

The AI is forever going to have work done on it post EA, so you could be waiting for ages until it's "right" for you, I say just bite the bullet and buy the damn thing already :D

Oh, I'm not waiting for the AI to be perfect... other things, like not beating up my monthly download cap with weekly updates (life with a satellite ISP) and making sure I'm allotting time for play are now the reasons for delay.

I don't know if all the signs are correct, but during the actual Zandvoort race there were some ACC advertorial sign at the track. Don't know if they add some extra. But the same goes for all the Nvidia sign everywere on all sims. I have never seem them in the real world. Also you'll need to license the companies you want to add, so better make a deal and earn some money for showing adverts or add some genuine looking fake ones.
Not as oversized TV screens pointed only at the drivers in the most deserted corners.

Is there anyone else having the same issue with editing the HUD elements?
I can't turn them on or off. State is off and if I click it won't change. E.g. I could turn off the virtual mirror, but then later it simply can't be turned on. And also the positions element was turned off by default so I can only see a border for it in the edit layout.
I had the same issue, could not get the positions up but strangely it worked fine in VR

I dont like it when DEV's put to much of their own brand banners in a track. takes a notch of the immersion in my view.
Really, that is complaint?! They are just trying to get their own Studio name out there for free advertisement versus licensing and paying other companies money to show their advertisement? You are not a business man obviously..

Is it a known bug/user error/screwed up physics that it's almost impossible to pull out of the pits with some cars?
Are you referring to exiting the pit lane onto the track or are referring to pulling into the pit lane from your car’s original stationary position (garage or pit stall)?

I don’t have any specific advice to offer in either case other than to use Manual Pitstops=No in the gameplay settings. A fairly unpleasant looking band-aid at the current time but it would at least get you beyond your obstacle.

Are you referring to exiting the pit lane onto the track or are referring to pulling into the pit lane from your car’s original stationary position (garage or pit stall)?

I don’t have any specific advice to offer in either case other than to use Manual Pitstops=No in the gameplay settings. A fairly unpleasant looking band-aid at the current time but it would at least get you beyond your obstacle.

The Caterhams rear wheels spin & front wheels have no grip when pulling out the garage. Some cars do this on the track as well. I can't be the only person who has noticed this?

I made another video. All the races are on AI difficulty 120 (maximum) & AI aggression 50 (medium) for you guys to see AIs' behavior.
Hope this information helps you all. Make sure to smash subscribe. This means a lot for a super small YouTuber like me. Thank you.

Really, that is complaint?! They are just trying to get their own Studio name out there for free advertisement versus licensing and paying other companies money to show their advertisement? You are not a business man obviously..
If it ruins immersion, by overdoing the amount of self-advertisements, or putting extremele larger than life fake banners next to a track i don't like it.
Already payed for the content, don't need to be reminded who made it 6 times in every corner.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 113 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 57 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 118 13.5%