Automobilista 2 | Hockenheim DLC Preview Images Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Fresh off the back of announcing their first DLC for Automobilista 2, Reiza Studios have dropped a couple of new images from the upcoming new track.
  • Hockenheim first DLC releasing end of month.
  • Includes modern and historic layouts.
  • Will be free to all users who have purchased the base game before it's release.

The gift that keeps on giving - Reiza Studios recently revealed Hockenheim would be the first DLC to hit the simulation later this month, and as well as the current, shortened layout of the circuit, the DLC is also set to include historic variants that very offers very different experiences to the current Grand Prix configuration.

As an added bonus, the track will be giving to existing owners of AMS 2 for no extra cost (and to those that buy the game prior to DLC release date) - how good is that?

While we await release, check out these nice new screenshots of the track, provided by Reiza Studios:

AMS 2 Hockenheim 2.jpg
AMS 2 Hockenheim 1.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios Facebook.

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Hockenheim footer.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder what the price will be for non EA players, especially since you can currently buy a $100 "season pass." How many dlcs are there going to be?
Perhaps it would be prudent to check Steam...

EDIT - If you already have the game Hockenheim is free.

Last edited:
Reiza had an incredible attention in all tracks in this game, they are very detailed, probably the most beautiful tracks in a sim.

Sorry to say, but that's incorrect. I'm a big fan of Reiza's work and I love
AMS 1, which is to me still the second best Sim after rFactor 2, but AMS 2
tracks detailing are inferior to ACC's. With time perhaps they get there,
but not yet.

It'd actually be harder to write them separately than just have the graphics rely on the physics....that is, if this kind of deformation is even simulated (might not be - most sims only bother with vertical). If it is, the deformation values are getting stored in the physics anyway (vertical is in any case), might as well use them instead of writing another set of code for it that uses most of the same parameters.

So I agree with others, tires look very odd and it's probably a physics thing.

It would be a mistake to infer physics realism from the visual animation of tire deformation. It's almost certain they're not one and the same, that would just make things difficult, so it's likely the animation is just a good enough approximation of the calculations.

Which is to say it may indeed look weird and still not accurately represent the physics or how it feels at the wheel.

Perhaps it would be prudent to check Steam...

EDIT - If you already have the game Hockenheim is free.
yeah thanks, I don't remember seeing prices the last time I looked at it on steam, and yes I realize it's free for EA buyers (I'm one of them)

I was more just sort of pondering the business model they have laid out for the game. It seems odd to me.

Keep in mind a lot of car doens't have suspension animation include the Formula Ultima so the rim stay in the same place whatever happen so the effect can be increase, on this picture the tyre clip through the ground.

But i also agree tyre in ams2 are super soft and bouncy this is why i always happy to see a "Stiffened tyre sidewalls" in their patchnote.

Hope the best for Reiza, that they learn to work with the madness engine, fix all bugs and polish to bring ams2 to a v1 state, because i love their content but right now its hard when look and see what you lost and gain compare to ams1.

I think i not the only one with this feeling when you see ams1 with almost 2X more player and ams 2 who spike only on release but drop to is level few day after.

Sorry to say, but that's incorrect. I'm a big fan of Reiza's work and I love
AMS 1, which is to me still the second best Sim after rFactor 2, but AMS 2
tracks detailing are inferior to ACC's. With time perhaps they get there,
but not yet.

I respect your opinion, but am still think that ams2 tracks are better, more clean and detailed and the trees are much better, but i agree that ACC has nice tracks too. its just my opinion.

Brands Hatch are really good here, and a play in medium graphics
ss104326.jpg
ss104455.jpg
ss105424.jpg
ss105511.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline