Automobilista 2 | Hockenheim DLC And New Patch Scheduled For Months End

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently confirmed the first DLC offering for Automobilista 2... and it's Hockenheim!
  • The end of July will see AMS2 receive its first DLC and major update.
  • Hockenheim to include modern and historic layouts.
  • Hockenheim will be free to all users who have purchased the base game before it's release.

It would be fair to say that Automobilista is already rather rich in content, with a welcome leaning towards historical cars and tracks. Having hit V1 release already, the Brazilian studio have confirmed the first DLC that is set to drop for the new title - and it's going to be the German Hockenheim circuit (in both modern and historic variants)!

Yes, if you want to drive one of the more recent open wheel formula cars on the home of the German Grand Prix, this is for you. If you wish to drive something from yesteryear, including screaming V12 formula monsters on the mighty version of the track with its long straights stretching out into the forests, then this is also a DLC for you. In other good news, personal budget isn't a problem either, as this one is free to all owners of the simulation - yay!

AMS 2 Header.jpg

Of course this Hockenheim DLC isn't the only thing making its way to Automobilista at the end of this month, the studio are also wrapping up another major new build update, that should come with several improvements and fixes to the core gameplay of this promising new title. We don't yet know the exact date when the update and DLC are schedule to drop, other than the end of this month, so keep an eye out on RaceDepartment and our various social media channels in the coming days for more news and information as and when it becomes available.

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios Facebook.

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Update 1.jpg

I hope the emphasis is on quality control rather than new content this month. Hockenheim is exciting but unless some good strides are made towards some of the broken bits it's going to frustrate a lot of people including me.

This is my take on things:

Reiza are a small team, and they worked crazy hard getting 1.0 out the door. I think understandably they needed to take their feet off the gas for a while after release. Burnout can be a real problem.

Don't expect too much for the first post-release patch, but do expect AMS2 to continue to evolve into an incredible sim.

They have committed to a long term project, and having witnessed their work ethic and the progress they made in the beta phase, personally, I have full faith in them and this amazing sim. Their diligence, work rate, communication and honesty has been second to none IMO.

I hardly think that's a fair assumption given that the game has only been officially released for a month. Reiza have repeatedly said that v1.0 is just the beginning for AMS 2, and that further development across all areas will continue long into the future. I don't understand why people insist on ignoring this message. They can't work on every area all at once so give them a chance.

I think this is hard for some to grasp because typically when software goes gold it is somewhat in its intended state. This dynamic approach is atypical for most released software. If you look at the "About This game" on Steam you see "Automobilista 2 is the culmination of a project developed over the course of nearly a decade. " . This may give some buyers the impression that development itself has been going on for ~10 years. If someone does read down to the end you do see " The game has a long-term development plan ...". But you can see how someone would think the game would be a polished masterpiece (10 years after all) with more to come when looking at the description from Steam.

I personally knew this wasn't the case when I purchased. But not everyone reads up on things like I do, so I can understand how others could think otherwise.

I personally knew this wasn't the case when I purchased. But not everyone reads up on things like I do, so I can understand how others could think otherwise.

This seems to be an industry wide trend, where 1.0 doesn't really mean finished game and unless you dig beneath the surface you won't discover this.

I don't want to judge Reiza as they have bills to pay and have developed AMS2 in a very unstable world climate. It was probably in their best interests to get the game out by a certain date with issues, rather than late with polish.

Let's just hope we don't have to wait too long for the majority of the bugs/unfinished features to be addressed.

I hardly think that's a fair assumption given that the game has only been officially released for a month. Reiza have repeatedly said that v1.0 is just the beginning for AMS 2, and that further development across all areas will continue long into the future. I don't understand why people insist on ignoring this message. They can't work on every area all at once so give them a chance.
I respectfully disagree. As you say "officially released for a month" but I think that is somewhat premature. I've had the title since it first went early access and have noted the various changes and improvements, but as it stands now with respect to the karts it is not at release quality.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%