Automobilista 2 | Hockenheim DLC And New Patch Scheduled For Months End

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently confirmed the first DLC offering for Automobilista 2... and it's Hockenheim!
  • The end of July will see AMS2 receive its first DLC and major update.
  • Hockenheim to include modern and historic layouts.
  • Hockenheim will be free to all users who have purchased the base game before it's release.

It would be fair to say that Automobilista is already rather rich in content, with a welcome leaning towards historical cars and tracks. Having hit V1 release already, the Brazilian studio have confirmed the first DLC that is set to drop for the new title - and it's going to be the German Hockenheim circuit (in both modern and historic variants)!

Yes, if you want to drive one of the more recent open wheel formula cars on the home of the German Grand Prix, this is for you. If you wish to drive something from yesteryear, including screaming V12 formula monsters on the mighty version of the track with its long straights stretching out into the forests, then this is also a DLC for you. In other good news, personal budget isn't a problem either, as this one is free to all owners of the simulation - yay!

AMS 2 Header.jpg

Of course this Hockenheim DLC isn't the only thing making its way to Automobilista at the end of this month, the studio are also wrapping up another major new build update, that should come with several improvements and fixes to the core gameplay of this promising new title. We don't yet know the exact date when the update and DLC are schedule to drop, other than the end of this month, so keep an eye out on RaceDepartment and our various social media channels in the coming days for more news and information as and when it becomes available.

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios Facebook.

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Update 1.jpg

Maybe we need to create categories of fictional tracks
A track is either real, as it has or still exist, or it is not real, hence fictional.
Putting a fictional track in a game and pretending it is set in a real location does not make it any more real, it is still a fictional track. Changing the layout of a real track to avoid having to pay the rights to reproduce it, also makes it a fictional track since it does not exist as such.
Changing the name of a real track does not make it fictional though, since the layout of the real track is respected.

Nords is confirmed in the launch trailer.

Yeah, I saw that teaser bit back then. What I mean by "confirmation" is
that they oficcialy announce it giving details of the track - if more layouts
like the GP layout at least, and when it would be available, if soon or
rather late yet. Also interesting, if it is laser scanned.

Anyway, since we already have a fabulous Nords in rFactor 2, there's no
hurry. Great stuff coming and already in AMS 2.

What I long for more is old touring cars. Imagine a Touring Car Legends
pack in AMS 2... Wow. I'd pay any price for that.

A track is either real, as it has or still exist, or it is not real, hence fictional.
Putting a fictional track in a game and pretending it is set in a real location does not make it any more real, it is still a fictional track. Changing the layout of a real track to avoid having to pay the rights to reproduce it, also makes it a fictional track since it does not exist as such.
Changing the name of a real track does not make it fictional though, since the layout of the real track is respected.
Into a straightforward point of view every simracing circuit is fictional, no matter it pretend to faithfully
recreate a real one or it is created from pure imagination.

I respect your opinion and I think people is free to disagree but you didn't get the point.

What I'm trying to say is there are many shades of gray between black and white.

anyone know something about the 90 dtm or the gt4 dlc
We only know what we've been told so far... they they're coming. Exactly what we're getting and when is still unknown.

most of the time all the servers are empty or have ridiculous time like 3hrs practice
I'm not sure what this has to do with the previous comment? :unsure: Many servers run long practice sessions because the host will manually advance the session to qualy at the right time. That's exactly what I do with our club events.

Press X to doubt
Then how do you describe well over 50 different cars and 36 different tracks (not including variants)? I call that pretty rich. Name another sim that offers that much the no paid DLCs.

car-list-jpg.388394

track-list-jpg.388395

It's a shame that they seemed to have abandoned putting any real effort into the karts. AMS1 is still way ahead of where they are with AMS2. The AI are very poor also. I only hope they will get around to polishing it ;)

It's a shame that they seemed to have abandoned putting any real effort into the karts.
I hardly think that's a fair assumption given that the game has only been officially released for a month. Reiza have repeatedly said that v1.0 is just the beginning for AMS 2, and that further development across all areas will continue long into the future. I don't understand why people insist on ignoring this message. They can't work on every area all at once so give them a chance.

It's a shame that they seemed to have abandoned putting any real effort into the karts. AMS1 is still way ahead of where they are with AMS2. The AI are very poor also. I only hope they will get around to polishing it ;)

Physics changes to karts incoming.

anyone know something about the 90 dtm or the gt4 dlc, most of the time all the servers are empty or have ridiculous time like 3hrs practice

No cars this month. Plenty next month apparently.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 371 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 39.0%