Automobilista 2 | Hockenheim DLC And New Patch Scheduled For Months End

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently confirmed the first DLC offering for Automobilista 2... and it's Hockenheim!
  • The end of July will see AMS2 receive its first DLC and major update.
  • Hockenheim to include modern and historic layouts.
  • Hockenheim will be free to all users who have purchased the base game before it's release.

It would be fair to say that Automobilista is already rather rich in content, with a welcome leaning towards historical cars and tracks. Having hit V1 release already, the Brazilian studio have confirmed the first DLC that is set to drop for the new title - and it's going to be the German Hockenheim circuit (in both modern and historic variants)!

Yes, if you want to drive one of the more recent open wheel formula cars on the home of the German Grand Prix, this is for you. If you wish to drive something from yesteryear, including screaming V12 formula monsters on the mighty version of the track with its long straights stretching out into the forests, then this is also a DLC for you. In other good news, personal budget isn't a problem either, as this one is free to all owners of the simulation - yay!

AMS 2 Header.jpg

Of course this Hockenheim DLC isn't the only thing making its way to Automobilista at the end of this month, the studio are also wrapping up another major new build update, that should come with several improvements and fixes to the core gameplay of this promising new title. We don't yet know the exact date when the update and DLC are schedule to drop, other than the end of this month, so keep an eye out on RaceDepartment and our various social media channels in the coming days for more news and information as and when it becomes available.

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios Facebook.

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Update 1.jpg

I'm sure it's good for you if your fellow sim racers got one extra track of the sea of cars and tracks and content you own. At least think about more online racing possibilities.

Sometimes I feel that a SMALL PART of the community puts the developers in a place where they are doomed if they lowered the price, doomed if they upped it.

The kind of mentality of a boy who bought a 1000$ graphics card then makes a Youtube video how Nvidia will screw every 2080 ti owner, because he doesn't want the next gen to be released or wants it to be more expensive than the older gen (true story).

I'm sure it's good for you if your fellow sim racers got one extra track of the sea of cars and tracks and content you own. At least think about more online racing possibilities.

Sometimes I feel that a SMALL PART of the community puts the developers in a place where they are doomed if they lowered the price, doomed if they upped it.

The kind of mentality of a boy who bought a 1000$ graphics card then makes a Youtube video how Nvidia will screw every 2080 ti owner, because he doesn't want the next gen to be released or wants it to be more expensive than the older gen (true story).
Like most people on this planet, I don't care much about other people I don't even know - it's a human essence (mine / stranger). Although, if it is good for the game - I will only be glad.

It's just a question of marketing. If people know that they do not have to pay for what they can get for free, the company will only get losses.

Reiza can find neutral privileges for those who bought a DLC. For example, early access or something else that does not affect the gameplay.

Reiza responded on Twitter with some hope for Porsche by October ish :) and unless I misunderstood they are taking about a 1974 Porsche :o

You asked two questions but only got one answer. My guess is they were answering concerning the modern 911s, as they've been confirmed. They are not going to give a release date for a car they haven't confirmed IMO.

But I have loved the 911RSR since it tried to kill me in GT Legends in 2005. I too have hopes it might appear in AMS2.

Südschleife when?
[/CITATION]

Hockenheim is not the Nurburgring, The Sudschleiffe is an old and disappeared part of the Nurburg, there is currently the Nordschleiffe and the F1 circuit which can be united in a single large 25 km circuit. Here we are talking about Hockenheim, German circuit too, but it's not the same, that's it.
Have a good day.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 375 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing