Automobilista 2 | Hockenheim DLC And New Patch Scheduled For Months End

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently confirmed the first DLC offering for Automobilista 2... and it's Hockenheim!
  • The end of July will see AMS2 receive its first DLC and major update.
  • Hockenheim to include modern and historic layouts.
  • Hockenheim will be free to all users who have purchased the base game before it's release.

It would be fair to say that Automobilista is already rather rich in content, with a welcome leaning towards historical cars and tracks. Having hit V1 release already, the Brazilian studio have confirmed the first DLC that is set to drop for the new title - and it's going to be the German Hockenheim circuit (in both modern and historic variants)!

Yes, if you want to drive one of the more recent open wheel formula cars on the home of the German Grand Prix, this is for you. If you wish to drive something from yesteryear, including screaming V12 formula monsters on the mighty version of the track with its long straights stretching out into the forests, then this is also a DLC for you. In other good news, personal budget isn't a problem either, as this one is free to all owners of the simulation - yay!

AMS 2 Header.jpg

Of course this Hockenheim DLC isn't the only thing making its way to Automobilista at the end of this month, the studio are also wrapping up another major new build update, that should come with several improvements and fixes to the core gameplay of this promising new title. We don't yet know the exact date when the update and DLC are schedule to drop, other than the end of this month, so keep an eye out on RaceDepartment and our various social media channels in the coming days for more news and information as and when it becomes available.

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios Facebook.

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Update 1.jpg

Südschleife when?

There is a track in AMS 1 that isn't in AMS 2 where you drive in countryside roads, mountain, a village and an old airport. Called Longschleife Flygplats something like that.

Driving a truck downhill there at 20 km/hr with the 2nd gear engaged and leaving the engine to do the breaking was one of the very few experiences in sim racing that drew a smile on my face. Honestly.

I feel that the "driving" in driving sims isn't having the love it deserves as much as the "racing" in racing sims. Maybe it's only me.

The airfield itself indeed exists, but the track is fictional, yes.^^

There is a Flugplatz Mendig track used by GT3-teams and 'Fast Lap' with Christian Menzel for 'auto, motor und sport'. But Fast Lap is using a 4,2 km layout for their roadcar-tests and the AMS layout is 3.11 km.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years