Automobilista 2 | Ginetta G40 Headlines V1.1.1.0 Update Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today released a new build update for the Automobilista 2 racing simulation - adding a number of fixes and improvements alongside the brand-new Ginetta G40 GT5 and Cup series.
  • Ginetta G40 GT5 and Cup added.
  • Multiple UI and HUD improvements.
  • Physics, AI and audio updates.

Another sizeable build update for Automobilista 2 has dropped today, as Reiza Studios continue to work hard polishing and updating the ever improving AMS 2 racing simulation. In this latest build release, allocated the V1.1.1.0 marker, the Brazilian development team have brought another wide selection of tweaks and improvements to the title, especially around both the physics and AI within the game.

Of those physics updates it is worth particular note to see the developers have further refined the tyre drop off values for the cars within the sim, hopefully bringing tyre life behaviour within the sim closer to the values of the real world equivalents.

As well as a healthy selection of changes to the main build of the title itself, another nice feature of this update is the inclusion of the small but mighty Ginetta G40 - in both Cup and GT5 form. Known for the intense racing action it produces over in the Ginetta Junior series in the UK, the car is an absolute favourite of the younger racing driver, and should make a very welcome addition to the simulation for us of the virtual racing fancy.

You can check out the full update change log from the new build below:

V1.1.0.5 -> V1.1.1.0 CHANGELOG

CONTENT

• Added Ginetta G40 to GT5 series
  • Added Ginetta G40 Cup series

GENERAL
  • LiveTrack now maintains rubber state between sessions.on a race weekend (rather than resetting to a "green" track at the start of every session)
  • Reduced base grip from a green track & increased grip range to max grip state

UI & HUD
  • Added option for German localization
  • Fixed wrong description on 'Edit HUD' menu option
  • Adjusted size and layout of ICM strategy menu to make current strategy more readable
  • Fixed scrollbar on Start Championship list
  • Fixed incorrect heavy fog icon
  • Fixed Race sessions showing practice length on lobby detail page
  • Fixed Add session start time to lobby detail page
  • Remove stray icon from formation lap info HUD element
  • Fixed text alignment of Retired/Pit indicator on replay/spectator leaderboards
  • Added missing translations for some recently released tracks
  • Added missing Edit Hud Description, Drive layout, FFB Damping translations
  • Fixed PIT text overflowing container on HUD leaderboard in some languages
  • Fixed issue where simulate/retirement screen could become unresponsive when choosing no during exit confirmation.
  • Adjusted loading screen gradient to provide more positive feedback at lower levels
  • Added leaderboard class icon for GT40Cup, Group A, JCW, TC60

PHYSICS
  • Further differential & driveline fine tuning; further reduced crankshaft mass (reduces overall engine inertia); reduced axle shaft mass & slightly reduced wheel bearing losses (slightly increases top speed & improves differential functionality)
  • Further tire tread adjustments for all cars (generally less speed sensitivity, slightly sharper peak slip angles)
  • Revised tire grip falloff rates when under and over optimal operating temperature, & added rates to several tires that didn´t feature substantial falloff rates
  • Further revisions to rain tire compounds
  • Slightly reduced efficiency of slicks on wet surface
  • Slightly increased tire automatic preheating ratio before race starts
  • Adjusted optimal temperature ranges for carbon & steel brakes
  • Adjusted brake heating & cooling rates for all cars
  • GT3 cars now use steel brakes instead of carbon ceramic
  • Revised Kart / superkart physics (tires, driveline)
  • Fixed errors in front tire tread for Fusca Classic FL
  • Fixed error on Super V8 Hard tire compound
  • Replaced Roco tire physics to better match the one from its P3 opponents
  • Slightly adjusted F-Classic G3M1 torque curve
  • Moved default brake bias slightly rearwards for F1 cars, Porsches, P1 cars (require setup reset)
  • Minor Procar Group A, Caterham, Porsche Cup & Superkart revisions (require setup reset)
  • Minor F-V10 G1 / Mclaren MP4-12 aero corrections to front wing yaw & pitch sensivity
  • Minor adjustments to default FFB (communicates rear end better from vehicle yaw rate developing on turn in and countersteer on rear tyres sliding)
  • Improved FFB damping function: it´s now non-linear with very little effect in small /slow steering inputs, more on really fast & bigger inputs
  • Reduced effects of tire flatspots on FFB
AI
  • Added parameter to callibrate AI traction off the line on a wet surface vs player
  • Added parameter to control how far ahead AI cars factor lapped cars ahead per type of car
  • Adjusted AI performance on wet (both on slicks and wet tires), correcting some generally large discrepancies in each case
  • General AI performance callibration pass for all cars
  • Further adjustments to AI throttle application for various cars
  • Further adjustments to AI aggression scalars per car
  • Further reduced AI lateral jerkiness/weaving/abruptness
  • General AI callibration for various cars
  • Bumped AI aggression scalars, reduced AI extra awareness with human scalars to better exploit latest AI code developments & better raceability

AUDIO
  • Sprint Race: Improved off-throttle pops, further polished engine sound loops
  • Caterham Academy: Improved off-throttle pops, further polished engine sound loops

TRACKS
  • Spa: Minor art pass
  • VIR: Rebuilt collision walls to latest tandards; fixed disappearing pit guy for north pitlane layouts
  • Velo Citta: Added terrain shadow casters; minor corrections & fixes
  • Hockenheim: Reduced road mesh noise; Minor bug fixes; Updated TV cameras & added VR cameras to all layouts
  • Reduced road mesh noise for Goiania, Jerez, Velopark
  • Interlagos Historic: Minor bug fixes
  • Cascais: Reduced road mesh noise, Fixed a few LOD pop issues
  • Montreal Modern:Reduced road mesh noise; minor bug fixes
  • Brands Hatch: Reduced road mesh noise; minor bug fixes
  • Spielberg:Reduced road mesh noise, minor bug fixes
  • Adjusted drone animations & removed excessive number on some tracks

VEHICLES
  • Added 8 new Chevette skins (10 in total)
  • Added street tire tread for external model of Camaro SS, McLaren F1, Ultima GTR, Copa Fusca, Opala 79 and Opala OldStock
  • Corrected headlights effect for Mclaren F1 GTR & BMW M6 GT3
  • Fixed kart LODs to avoid visible opponents legs popping
  • Further brake glow range adjustment to better match physics heating & cooling rates
  • F301 and F309: Improved cockpit windshield glass material and rain drops
  • Sprintrace: Added boot and wing to cockpit
  • Mini: Fixed wipers not working in cockpit view; Improved cockpit carbon material
  • Further adjusted backfire parameters (less backfiring when lifting off throttle)
  • Added visible onboard brake glow for cars with visible brake discs from cockpit
  • Gol Classic B: Corrected wrong number #94 now #65; 3 teammate skins added
  • Ginetta G40 Cup / GT5 livery updates to #05 #10 #28 #32 #38
  • Porsche 991 Cup 2: Fixed small glitch in cockpit model

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

Last edited:
Since the last update I keep getting massive lockups in practice mode that last for about 4-5 seconds. This happens after a couple of laps but trashes the car. Is anybody else getting this?

Since the last update I keep getting massive lockups in practice mode that last for about 4-5 seconds. This happens after a couple of laps but trashes the car. Is anybody else getting this?

well the other day crew cheif said I was flogging the engine and it would not last! that has not happened in AMS2 until this patch.

I thought it was a really good thing to hear as most other titles do such a thing - and then I drove really sedately.

Then he told me when I came last the other night (lol!) that they stayed up all night working on the car and if thats the best I could do then I needed to switch on more etc. arrrhahahahah. but he wasn't nice about it. so funny. a great program.

I have had brake lock ups in the past from a stand still. maybe calibrate and check if your wheels control panel is set to its maximum, then calibrate wheel in game, which can adjust - sometimes another title will set mine back to 400, for example. Thus it ruins the auto-set mechanism in-game(s). Or its a bug where the car gets trashed after 5 laps which has not happened to me. Just the madness engine quirk.

Last edited:
I have found this only to be true with the HUD mirror. Look at cockpit mirror, compare to HUD and you will see. I've also tested by glancing at cockpit mirror and looking back and seems spot on. Not the case for HUD which is way back.

I turn off the extra mirrors too. And I do not use the indicator of where they are. I like the idea but also 'in the spirit of immersion'.

Cockpit mirror is fine for most cars and when I want to peek in cars where I can't see it (single screen) then I press the look right/left which also doubles as a back look - and to me this is just like casting a glance in real life, its only the quickest of presses. This issue was present since 6 months ago/forever, I had forgotten about it - or just considered it a 'mirror technique' such as on a big truck, where things are elongated so you fit more into the view...like a fish-eye lens or some such...so I did not think much of it.

I'm a no hassles kind of person. In fact even ACC has some kind of mirror-bend thing, but at 100 km's hour you have well under a second to react, so its no big deal.

M/bike training - you don't see the car - then you can forget walking for the next year. Never happened to me or anything so don't mean to make light -- Its just literally a non issue for me but I see how it affects some people.

__

I think I sufficiently explained this! haha. Or actually we can say I consider all those extra mirrors a kind of hack or cheat.

Last edited:
curious, whats the mirror bending thing?

sorry for all the text I write sometimes I go skint on explanation.

I mean when they get close to the bumper of the car they kind of 'bend' forward like their bonnets/hoods are getting longer in the mirror and usually it happens most when the cars are pushing to the rear left or right side of your car. Then when they seemingly move further back, the hood shrinks. I'm sure I have seen it - so if I am wrong then I apologize.

Last edited:
sorry for all the text I write sometimes I go skint on explanation.

I mean when they get close to the bumper of the car they kind of 'bend' forward like their bonnets/hoods are getting longer in the mirror and usually it happens most when the cars are pushing to the rear left or right side of your car. Then when they seemingly move further back, the hood shrinks. I'm sure I have seen it - so if I am wrong then I apologize.
duya know what I think I know what you mean, kinda fisheye lense effect no? Thought id noticed that!

duya know what I think I know what you mean, kinda fisheye lense effect no? Thought id noticed that!

yes thats the one

It's not really mirror-bending, the mirror just has a fairly high FOV, so...

PjcQ9.jpg

haha! Aggression level 1 million. They must do it then because in actual mirrors you can look deeper and to the side, so to speak, so in the game its actually 2d (though rasterization and 3d) your screen is a 2d thing to your eye.

Cool thanks! Another mystery solved :) unless my conclusion is wrong

Last edited:
M1 Procar, Spielberg '74. AI 100, Aggression 100.

In practice session, AI rear end ramming on the straight(s); zero situational awareness, as if I wasn't there. No swerve, no stop, boom.

Ginetta no lights or wipers ? can't adjust FOV and seat to mirror and it rains inside car
brakes almost as good in wet as dry, used look back as I can't adjust any mirror to see
cars behind look half sized same as I remember in pcars
aqua plane in puddles is same every time not dynamic
More broken then any rF2 car ever was

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline