Automobilista 2 | First Post Version 1 Patch Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios can never be accused of being slow out the blocks, and again the Brazilian team have been quick to address some post update issues with their first V1 release of AMS 2 - Patch 1 is now live.

Deployed quickly following yesterday's full V1 release update, the new hot fix update is a minor initial reaction to some of the key issues that have arisen since the simulation moved out of Steam Early Access status.

V1.0.0.1 Update Notes:
  • Fixed loading screen crash when joining in-progress multiplayer sessions.
  • Adjusted FFB clipping, aero & default steering ratio for Stock 2020 & corrected minor wheelbase/track width discrepancies.
  • Adjusted Ginetta G55 & G58 max FFB force to reduce clipping.
  • Bumped up SuperV8 engine output slightly to bring it closer to latest engine specs
  • Bathurst: Updated road & trackside ads textures, fixed triangulation glitch in the main road at the pitwall area.
  • Added missing Cascais loading screen.
  • Fix DRS trackside board issues at Interlagos, Kansai, Spielberg.
  • Corrected windshield water wiping animation for the Ultima GTR Road version.

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Want help getting the best out of the simulation? Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community help you out!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

I have an issue where when I alter a setting, I get a pop up stating, "File data not saved", I click yes to try and save, It saves when playing in game. My issue is, when i sign back in, the amendments I made in fact were not saved. The pop up screen appears in each option menu even if nothing has been changed.

I might add , that my vers v1.0 is totally new. I had uninstalled the (Early Access) game prior to and installed once the vers 1.0 was released.

I have since deleted AMS2 folder from "Documentation" folder. Also did a file integrity check. The issue still persists, even with this current hotfix. It is becoming frustrating!!!

This would suggest that anyone wishing to purchase the new Vers 1.0 will experience this problem.

View attachment 385159
Turn of your anti virus or let your anti virus allow AM2

More stuff I've found after a 20 minute Singleplayer race using the next-gen BR stock cars. For the record, 106% AI, 35% aggression is realistic pace.

• There's no driver network profile screen even though it's referenced in the menus. As a result there's no way to change your in-game name, unless you change your STEAM name which is annoying. When racing offline I'd prefer to use my real name since PizzaSubCombo looks incredibly stupid when every other driver on the grid has a real name.
  • In AMS 1 each car had an AI driver file attached to it, so when racing offline Rubens Barrichello would actually be in the car he drives. In AMS 2 it just uses random dev and community member names and randomly assigns them to a car for each race. Another step backwards compared to AMS 1.
  • There are settings for both Spotter and Race Engineer; I have mine set to always. Never heard a peep from either. Are these even in the game? If not, that's the second feature mentioned in the menus that doesn't actually exist (Driver Network Profile being the first).
  • Field of 23 cars at Interlagos, the track never took any rubber. Even in pC2 during shorter races you can see a line start to develop in the more aggressive corners. Never saw that here. Is this in the game?
  • The AI never appeared to use push2pass at all.
  • Someone had an online session up in the rain, never saw any puddles appear. Are these in the game?
  • Are there any Steam achievements?
  • There's no progression elements of any sort other than aimlessly do offline races and maybe join a league I guess.
  • The windshield doesn't accumulate dirt, but the dash apparently does.
Fun little game for $15 but then I look at my CC bill and see three digits and... yikes.

View attachment 385165
For such a "publicist", isn't research and preparation part of the drill? Most of your rants were already answered, scheduled for fix, or not even be a thing if you spent enough time in it. But hey, just good old Ogonoski things...

Fun little game for $15 but then I look at my CC bill and see three digits and... yikes.

But why exactly did you buy the season pass instead of just the base game, especially if unsure about the game ?

In any case, AMS2 will improve in the coming months for sure. It can definitely be enjoyable but it is not perfect nor complete by any mean. I think releasing v1 was necessary so they can get broad feedback and build up from there.

Did SMS let Austin go and he is looking for employment with Reiza? :unsure:
It speaks volumes for me that he runs to the public forums to complain about his findings rather than going to the Reiza forums to highlight the issues so they can fix said problems. Says more about him than AMS2 launch issues IMO.

It is weird indeed, but true to life. Like driving from the rear seat. :)

0,,19877638-EX,00.jpg

That's mad - thanks for providing the image. Also, I wondered if the scrunched up knees thing was a 3D model issue - but I can see that's how they really sit. Wild.

I have to be honest, I was in the 'not interested in all the weird Brazilian cars' camp. But I spent a good few hours dipping in and out of the cars on offer and trying out some new tracks. I now have some new sim racing favourites.

This won't be my go-to sim, but I look at it as my Friday night takeaway, something different to break up the week.

Guys...please never get around the fact, that there isn't just black&white.
Please consider be open minded, even if some hubris or nitpicking is going on.
Intentions are often different to what they're seem at the first impression.
It doesn't help anyone to shut down constructive criticism, too. You don't look better doing that, and sometimes, you're just concealing actual issues that way.

I have to be honest, I was in the 'not interested in all the weird Brazilian cars' camp. But I spent a good few hours dipping in and out of the cars on offer and trying out some new tracks. I now have some new sim racing favourites.
Stock Car Brasil, Copa Classic, Copa Montana and Copa Truck...I can't describe how much talent of drivers is forged in this classes...This is proper Motorsports, these teams know exactly how to get a maximum out of the rubber, they're running on...

It doesn't help anyone to shut down constructive criticism, too. You don't look better doing that, and sometimes, you're just concealing actual issues that way.
Exactly. Even if the critizism is wrapped into stylistic and personally influenced methods...
Improvement can't rise out of total praise. Of course things sometimes could appear like trolling or over-negativity, but intentions of both sides are colliding way too hard, which leads to missing actual wealth of points made.
Hard to express, i'm not a native speaker. ^^'

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 121 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 94 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years