Automobilista 2 | Early Access and Pricing Explained

Greetings all,

@Renato Simioni has made an informative post here in which he explains the various purchasing options available for AMS 2. I thought I would repost that information here, to help people find it after it inevitably get's buried in that thread. Here is the post, quoted directly:

Just further clarification as there is undertandably a bit of confusion as to what´s on offer and what will be on offer from next week onwards.

There are 3 types of Automobilista 2 purchases you can make:

1- Automobilista 2: this is what´s being released next week in Early Access, it´s the base game without DLCs. The full price from Steam is US$ 49.99 / €44.99, but if you buy it during Early Access you´ll get 40% off on that full price. Buying this grants you:

1) All the content listed here

2) All the content that will still be added for free to the base game - this includes so far the Historic GP Cars, two 90s DTM cars, the GT3/GT4 pack and Bathurst - keep in mind this is only part of what´s coming until July, plenty more not yet announced.​

2- Automobilista 2 Season Pass: this includes all DLCs we will release during 2020-2021 this will cost US$ 99.99 / €89.99 and it will include:

1) Hockenheim Pack featuring 1975, 1988, 2001, 2019 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 /€8.99)​

2) Silverstone Pack featuring 1975, 1991, 2001, 2019 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 / €8.99)​

3) At least three more Track DLCs in the same mould of the two above ( US$ 9.99 / €8.99 each)​

4) At least three Expansion Packs featuring both cars and tracks of a certain theme (prices ranging from US$19.99 to US$ 29.99)​

3- Automobilista 2 Pack from our Forum Store: This includes AMS2 + Season Pass as described above, plus access to AMS2 Beta as described in the opening post.

The value on the latter two packs are naturally a little more abstract as we haven´t disclosed details for all DLCs planned for 2020-2021. Some people have thus been understandably surprised by the price difference between the base game and the Season Pass - it will make more sense when you know them :) It´s a far bigger project than one can see at the moment.

But we certainy don´t expect options 2 and 3 to cater to most people with the info that´s currently available, and you should definitely not buy into it if you have limited disposable income or if you don´t feel comfortable buying packages before you know all that it includes.

The base game is a far more sensible purchase in that case: it packs plenty of content which will be constantly expanded, and with 40% off during Early Access should be perfectly affordable to any sim racer.

If you have any pricing questions, please post them here and hopefully Renato or another helpful Reiza dev can answer them for you. :)

I nearly choked on my tea when the price came up for the DLC. Oof. Never had any regret buying up all the stuff for AMS1 because I figured it was for a good cause, so either I've just become a lot stingier in a couple of years or this is a king sized double dip hahaha.

I nearly choked on my tea when the price came up for the DLC.
The price is not for one DLC, it covers all the DLCs that come out during 2020/21. It's investing in two years worth of content.

Yes, price is just crazy. Hopefully individual DLC's will be reasonable.
The cost of individual DLCs added together will obviously be more than the cost of the season pass now. Otherwise there would be no point in having the season pass at all. Also, the estimated prices of various DLCs are already listed on the Steam store page.

Words around the office is that if you change your steam region to a different country u can get the game + dlc for 989 ars = $15 u.s :D.

Or just buy the game with 40% right now, you also get GT3 pack with the base game later. Wait for the dlc, season pass to be on sale. I'm sure there are Plenty of other sims and game contents to keep u occupied. Patience is a virtue:sneaky:

The price is not for one DLC, it covers all the DLCs that come out during 2020/21. It's investing in two years worth of content.

The cost of individual DLCs added together will obviously be more than the cost of the season pass now. Otherwise there would be no point in having the season pass at all. Also, the estimated prices of various DLCs are already listed on the Steam store page.
I am not disputing your advice, But i can not find the estimated price of individual DLC's. Could you point me in the right direction, or possibly indicate the proposed price(s). Thanks.

Could you point me in the right direction, or possibly indicate the proposed price(s). Thanks.
Yep sorry, I should have mentioned they're not on the AMS 2 store page, they're on the season pass store page.

This Season Pass covers all planned DLC packs planned for Automobilista 2 over 2020 & 2021 - includes 5 Premium Race Tracks with multiple versions, and 3 Expansion Packs with several cars and tracks.

This includes:

• Hockenheim Pack featuring 1975, 1988, 2001, 2019 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 /€8.99) - MAY 2020

• Silverstone Pack featuring 1975, 1991, 2001, 2019 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 / €8.99) - JULY 2020

• At least three more Track DLCs in the same mould of the two above ( US$ 9.99 / €8.99 each)

Furthermore, this Season Pass covers at least three Expansion Packs featuring both cars and tracks of a certain theme (prices ranging from US$19.99 to US$ 29.99):

• Brazilian Legends

• Racin´ USA

• Adrenaline

So if the three expansion packs all cost the lower end of $19.99 then the total cost without the pass will be $110. That's a minimum saving of $10 as it stands right now, but if even one of the expansions costs $29.99 then the savings rise.

Yep sorry, I should have mentioned they're not on the AMS 2 store page, they're on the season pass store page.

So if the three expansion packs all cost the lower end of $19.99 then the total cost without the pass will be $110. That's a minimum saving of $10 as it stands right now, but if even one of the expansions costs $29.99 then the savings rise.
Excellent. I can afford them. Thank you for taking the time (to advise).

Yes, price is just crazy. Hopefully individual DLC's will be reasonable.

This Season Pass covers all planned DLC packs planned for Automobilista 2 over 2020 & 2021 - includes 5 Premium Race Tracks with multiple versions, and 3 Expansion Packs with several cars and tracks.

This includes:

• Hockenheim Pack featuring 1975, 1988, 2001, 2019 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 /€8.99) - MAY 2020

• Silverstone Pack featuring 1975, 1991, 2001, 2019 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 / €8.99) - JULY 2020

• At least three more Track DLCs in the same mould of the two above ( US$ 9.99 / €8.99 each)

Furthermore, this Season Pass covers at least three Expansion Packs featuring both cars and tracks of a certain theme (prices ranging from US$19.99 to US$ 29.99):

• Brazilian Legends

• Racin´ USA

• Adrenaline

min 109.92US$ for all dlc's separate, so i defenetly go for the season pass. reiza is worth it!

This includes:

• Brazilian Legends

• Racin´ USA

• Adrenaline

min 109.92US$ for all dlc's separate, so i defenetly go for the season pass. reiza is worth it!

Thanks for this information. I am crossing fingers that Monza & Spa (hint, hint) are included in:
  • "At least three more Track DLCs in the same mould of the two above ( US$ 9.99 / €8.99 each)"
That would make AMS2 perfect as my "go to" race sim. ;)

I nearly choked on my tea when the price came up for the DLC. Oof. Never had any regret buying up all the stuff for AMS1 because I figured it was for a good cause, so either I've just become a lot stingier in a couple of years or this is a king sized double dip hahaha.
I did also,absolutely love AMS1.

Seeing the 160 price tag of AMS2 gave me a heart attack though lol.

I guess that gives you everything instead of buying in singular themed packs.

Miss the old days when everything was in the original game,more money to be made though by cutting up games into pie pieces,a trend not going away and I am sure there will be new ways of getting blood from a stone like buying seperate tyre models,helmets,colour themes etc.

The industry cottoned onto the idea from flight sims I feel with it’s multitude of addons but those are third party not chopped from the original.

$$$$$

How is the new AMS2 patch btw?

I have watched a vid by a fellow Aussie and he is waxing lyrical about the new ffb model,one thing I did not like about PC2,it had a mushy feel stock or modded with a Spade’s preset.

^ Y'know I think I watched that exact same Aussie and I'm sorely tempted to give the game a go, DLC or not haha. It does look like a good time.
I guess I can tell myself it's all worth it if there's a good amount of 'new' stuff inbound. If it was mostly stuff converted from AMS1, I just couldn't justify it.

Once again, the price is not for "the" DLC. It's for "ALL" the DLC. Personally, I don't understand why people are so shocked. If you were to buy all the DLCs of any sim (or other game) at full price in one hit, they would be of equal or greater cost. You'll actually save money in the long run if you can afford to buy the current season pass now.

Miss the old days when everything was in the original game...
Let's be honest here, in the "old days" we rarely got as much content in a single game with no expansions. And to go back to a time when there no addons for games of any kind, we're talking decades. DLC is how it's done now, but even 20 years ago there were expansions you could buy on a disc from your local game store.

Don't get me wrong though, I am in no way defending how some publishers literally do carve up a finished game which they then release in bits and pieces. Paradox Interactive would be a great example. But if the original game has a good amount of content for it's price, and the DLCs also have a decent amount of content for their prices, then I don't object to that.

There's a whole thread discussing it in this very forum.

Once again, the price is not for "the" DLC. It's for "ALL" the DLC.

But, at the moment we don’t even know everything that’s planned as DLC. It could well include things which people wouldn’t otherwise want to buy. I’m quite happy to wait and see what they release and decide whether or not to buy it on a case-by-case basis. Apart from anything else, even if you decide to get all the DLC, it spreads the cost out rather than having to pay for everything up front.

I did also,absolutely love AMS1.

Seeing the 160 price tag of AMS2 gave me a heart attack though lol.

I guess that gives you everything instead of buying in singular themed packs.

Miss the old days when everything was in the original game,more money to be made though by cutting up games into pie pieces,a trend not going away and I am sure there will be new ways of getting blood from a stone like buying seperate tyre models,helmets,colour themes etc.

The industry cottoned onto the idea from flight sims I feel with it’s multitude of addons but those are third party not chopped from the original.

$$$$$

I have watched a vid by a fellow Aussie and he is waxing lyrical about the new ffb model,one thing I did not like about PC2,it had a mushy feel stock or modded with a Spade’s preset.

Fellow Aussie here. I bought the game for $A42.95, which is still Early Access (40% discount on the proposed full version price - which is still currently available). With regards to any future DLC's, that then becomes a matter of choice. All in all, from my point of view it's a pretty good deal.

And yes, the new patch has improved the game and knowing Reiza I am confident that they will continue with patches/hotfixs long after the final version, just as they did with the original AMS.

I’m quite happy to wait and see what they release and decide whether or not to buy it on a case-by-case basis.
Same here.
In the different racing games I have had I have almost allways just been buying the cars/tracks I wanted.
I mean why should I buy a "pack" with cars/tracks I allready from the beginning know I will not be using?:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: And when I see as example €9 for some track DLCs then I consider it pretty reasonable.
Hehe I can still get butter on my bread even after buying some extra tracks/cars.:rolleyes:

So games 20 years ago were $50 and didn't have DLC, sometimes they had 'expansion packs' that people happily bought. 20 years later people still lose their minds when a game comes in at $60 even though the cost of living and inflation have gone up a considerable amount. If a company brought their game out as a full package at $120 the world would end I am sure. So companies do the DLC thing to make up the difference. I am fine with it. Will vote with my pocket book as they say. AMS2 is shaping up to be worth it for me. May not be for everybody. Still cheaper than golfing, or hunting, or fishing or many other hobbies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.8%