Automobilista 2 | December Development Roadmap Released

dcully

500RPM
Jun 22, 2008
It would be fine and peachy if it was the policy from the beginning.
But I've paid for Season Pass, many others who wanted to support studio did the same. But that means that we also paid for all freeloaders who can get it for free now. :thumbsdown:

I didnt buy the season pass because of the simple reason i play many sims and other game genres, i simply didnt feel i needed it.
So i guess im a freeloader.

But i backed reiza waaaay back with AMS1and AMS2 financially, bought all their game stock car and formula truck sims too, but wait im still a freeloader.

erniedaoage

10RPM
Nov 18, 2011
But I've paid for Season Pass, many others who wanted to support studio did the same. But that means that we also paid for all freeloaders who can get it for free now. :thumbsdown:
Yes to use it with a couple of cars in one race in a season. So some tracks would be limited to a couple of f1 and gt championships. It's not like you can choose any car you want and race that track for free. You cannot host a multiplayer session with it if you don't own it, but you can host one for your friends or league to enjoy a race. Leagues and MP will benefit the most out of it and for sure the SP who like to do championships. Would be funny if the championships would be created with real weather from that seasons, than maybe you are only able to enjoy that track in the rain. :D

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
Jun 30, 2017
I really don't understand the hype around AMS2. AMS had something to set it about, but AMS2 has odd physics, weird mushy feedback in the steering and content I can drive in PC2. I really don't understand the attraction. Sorry if it is just me, but Assetto Corsa knocks spots off it.

Cars and tracks imported from PC2? Where is the problem?
The problem is PC2 was... weird. I don't think I have ever done more than a couple of consistent laps in it given how weird the handling model is.

If you love it - good luck to you. It's great to have so many options in the simracing world.

Last edited:

DC WOLF

100RPM
Jan 2, 2016
i can't understand the whining about tracks/cars they got from SMS.
Sure, this tracks are maybe free from initial cost, but Reiza updates the tracks with own environment and with their VR friendly crowd. Also changes in physics. That really matters. So much to do.
And don't forget, its NOT free. Having the CAD models does NOT prevent from having to pay license cost to the track owners.
I don't care, where the models are coming from, as long i can enjoy them !

billyblaze13

50RPM
Apr 2, 2014
The attitude of a spoiled 5 yr. old, who won't let anyone else play with their toys, because "They're MINE!!". If I own the game already and Reiza makes this change, that is accepting a gift not "freeloading", as you so insultingly claim. Disclosure : I have also paid for the Season Pass. You've been offered a refund - now you can get your money back, without having to worry about all the freeloaders riding on your dime!

Last edited:

BillGuy

250RPM
Jun 1, 2017
This view of “I paid for everyone else to have it for free now” seems to be based completely around “everyone else” being comprised of only multiplayer and championship mode users of the game. My hunch…and that’s all I can say it is, a hunch…is that a healthy majority of gameplay instances of AMS 2 are single player ad-hoc races against the AI or test sessions. For those people, absolutely nothing seems to have changed with the new DLC direction.

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Premium
Jul 18, 2012
admittingly I didn't read the entire article and just skimmed through looking for one thing.......Audio update
Edit: I've read the article now :)
Any plans in the works to improve audio? undercarriage sounds that don't stop the second your on the tarmac after an off, ambient, etc
Has the audio distortion, crackling in some of the newer cars been fixed?

the only other major issue I have with the title is.....will saving per car ffb be added?
the one master setting does not work for every car.
Edit: Glad to see this added in the next build!!!!!

I choose not to purchase the season pass for $120 cad, not much of the content really interested me other than the Dirt content that is to be released, tho I am hoping for a touring car pack. So far I've been able to purchase the tracks I want on sale through steam, most 50% off by holding out a few weeks

Last edited:

Squalido

10RPM
Apr 4, 2020
I don't know why people are so mad about the dlc being available for free in the championship mode. Be aware that this is a move that will allow them to add more championships, without worrying about what dlc you have purchased or not. This will probably make this game one of the best sims for single player.

Yes, the paid track will be available for free, but only probably for a few cars (maybe only one) and only as part of the championship mode. The user accessing it for free won't be able to ride it with other cars, modify the weather, do multi class, personalize the opponents, hotlap, practice, etc... This doesn't devalue your purchase. In my case, it will probably motivate to buy the track after trying it if I like it. Imagine that I like Spa, do you think I will be satisfied by riding it with only one car class and without being able to customize the event to my liking?

gianlucaP

250RPM
Feb 7, 2014
i can't understand the whining about tracks/cars they got from SMS.
Sure, this tracks are maybe free from initial cost, but Reiza updates the tracks with own environment and with their VR friendly crowd. Also changes in physics. That really matters. So much to do.
And don't forget, its NOT free. Having the CAD models does NOT prevent from having to pay license cost to the track owners.
I don't care, where the models are coming from, as long i can enjoy them !
There is nothing wrong with the SMS sharing their 3D models and assets with Reiza. The important thing is that those models are perfect and with no hidden problems, because in this case you can have bugs in game. And unfortunally, this is something that you can see only after the model is in game, orbiting the camera around it and using it. The other way is to analize each model in detail inside the 3D program, something that would require big time. So, were those assets and models perfect? Did Reiza tested everything before releasing the game? I remember that inside the WMD the testers checked every spot of the tracks and of the cars extensively, but despite this work both the games presented bugs at the end. This because the priority of the Studio was to get the game out on the established date and after the release each game was supposed to be progressively abandoned. So some of the reported problems are still there.
Considering the difference in numbers between Reiza and the SMS, I doubt that AMS2 will end up bug free and perfectly polished.

Reactions: Eric Rowland

billyblaze13

50RPM
Apr 2, 2014
I don't know why people are so mad about the dlc being available for free in the championship mode. Be aware that this is a move that will allow them to add more championships, without worrying about what dlc you have purchased or not. This will probably make this game one of the best sims for single player.

Yes, the paid track will be available for free, but only probably for a few cars (maybe only one) and only as part of the championship mode. The user accessing it for free won't be able to ride it with other cars, modify the weather, do multi class, personalize the opponents, hotlap, practice, etc... This doesn't devalue your purchase. In my case, it will probably motivate to buy the track after trying it if I like it. Imagine that I like Spa, do you think I will be satisfied by riding it with only one car class and without being able to customize the event to my liking?
Don't bring reasoned adult logic into it.

Raging Beard

100RPM
Premium
Aug 20, 2017
Awesome stuff... I just hope they get round to fixing the rain clipping through cars, an immersion killer for me in VR.

Dady Cairo

Cat-Car
Premium
May 23, 2017
I can tell you where you can get the whole game + updates for free,but i do not.Freeloaders,man what have you smoked....:poop:

Last edited:

gianlucaP

250RPM
Feb 7, 2014
Can you please show me a link to that bug free and perfectly polished game so many people keep referring to. I have searched so many years but wasn't able to find it.
was right in front of you all these years

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Haha
Reactions: 2stains