Automobilista 2 | Build 1.0.6 Available Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have dropped a new build update for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation, adding two new and exciting pieces of content to the simulation.
  • BMW M6 GT3 added.
  • Ginetta G55 GT4 Added.
  • Physics and AI improvements.

Another impressive collection of updates and improvements have come the way of Automobilista 2 fans recently, with build update 1.0.6 of the simulation having dropped on Steam - and with it has come new content for good measure, in the form of the BMW M6 GT3 and Ginetta G55 GT4 cars - further expanding these popular classes within the title.

To be fair, AMS 2 is currently already rather rich in content, so perhaps the most interesting aspect of this build release is yet further refinements to the AI and physics within the title - two areas where it would be fair to say Reiza Studios need to apply the most polish, so hopefully this new build represents yet another step in the right direction for the popular Brazilian development team.

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

AMS 2 V1.0.6 Update Notes:

Content

• Added BMW M6 to GT3 class
  • Added Ginetta G55 to GT4 class
UI / HUD
  • Fixed issue where too much chat history was played back in some instances
  • Seat adjustment input is now continuous (hold to move)
  • Adjusted various background image anchors to improve display on 16:10 and triple screen
Physics & AI
  • Slightly increased longitudinal slip in Cup / Stock 2020 / Proto P3-P4 tires
  • Stiffened sidewalls for GT / Stock / Proto tires
  • Revised default tyre pressures & ranges for all cars (closer to optimal and / or as per real series regulations – requires setup reset to default)
  • Adjusted default steering lock / ratio for GT3 / GT4 cars to more accurate values (requires setup reset)
  • Revised Balance of Performance for GT3 / GT4 class
  • Revised brakes for GT3/GT4 cars
  • Corrected tyre tread width for Porsche Cayman Clubsport (265mm front / 305 mm rear), Porsche 997 3.8 Cup (275mm / 315mm)
  • Revised Porsche Cup aero, adjusted default roll bars
  • Reduced front splitter downforce dropoff with yaw in all GT/ Stock Cars
  • Fixed missing wet tire compound for Camaro GT4R
  • Adjusted Camaro GT4R suspension
  • Adjusted Copa Montana center of gravity height
  • Revised Procar, Group A, Ultima Race baseline damper rates
  • Fixed Ultima race front left, rear right fast damper ranges incorrectly available
  • Improved rear efficiency, reduced Group A rear brake torque
  • Adjusted FFB max force for F-Vee, Procar, Mini, Stock Car 2020, GT3, GT4 cars
  • Callibrated tire temperature color display range (correcting errors with some tires not displaying correct colors for optimal / overheat tires)
  • Adjusted rear wing efficiency for Stock2020, Montana
AI
  • Further smoothing out of AI lateral transitions to reduce jerkiness/weaving/abrupt lane changes
  • Added logic to prevent AI slowing on track after returning from partially outside track limits
  • Added logic for AI to be more reactive and switch switch behaviors more often
  • Initial steps to reduce the impact of small Front-to-Rear collisions between AI (as seen at race starts especially with vehicles of differing performance)
  • Reduced range of AI variation from ideal racing line
  • GT3, Porsche Cup, P4, P3, P2, F3 callibration pass
  • Minor AI aggression scalar adjustment for GT cars
  • Further wet weather callibration passes for all GT / Stock / Proto cars
Audio
  • Adjusted Mclaren 720s tire skid volume
  • Lowered tranny whine given enigne sounds feature them prominently
Tracks
  • Nurburgring: Various fixes for LODding / Z-Fighting issues; Corrected a few trackside ads;
  • Added proper groove to 24hr layout; trimmed roadverge excess polys; Various crowd corrections; Various texture updates; further correction to trackside shimmering cameras; minor optimization pass
  • Kyalami: New AIW pit lane path (fix AI hitting pit wall when leaving pit box, improved merge to the main path at T1); Relax track cut limits on some runoff areas; Minor performance, art pass & LOD fixes
  • Interlagos: Fixed floating pit box lines
  • Campo / Curvelo: Adjusted flag LOD range
  • Montreal Historic: added missing HUD map
Vehicles
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 – Fixed red cockpit material issue
  • Fixed lights for Fusca (all variants) + wiper UV mapping fix (HC1/HC2)
  • Adjusted brake glow ranges for carbon brakes (player & AI)
  • Camaro GT4R: Fixed missing RPM LEDs

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Check out the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great community resource to help you maximise your experience within the simulation.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
snipped

But I digress. In my opinion this sim should still be labelled at Early Access. To me a "long term project" is one that is working well but lacking certain features and content, which get added over time once complete and bug free. Early Access is a beta, an incomplete product that can and will contain bugs and issues as it develops. That's what AMS 2 is and I think it should be labelled appropriately rather than be sold as a complete product.

Couldn't agree more. Until they start polishing, no more money for DLC's from me. IMHO the project lead is making some very poor decisions. After 1.0 release they completely changed FFB and World View. These are decisions that should have been made in EA, not after final release. This sim is going backwards. The fanboys keep praising the free content, free content that the end user once again beta tests for Reiza. 3 releases later they're still tweaking cars, INSTEAD OF FIXING BUGS. Nope, no more cash from me until they start fixing basic functionality and bugs that have been present since day one. A perfect example is the new Ginetta. They obviously just copy/pasted the old Ginetta, since you can't turn the steering wheel off in either of them in cockpit view. With triple monitors you have to crank your head 90 degree's to the right to find the Yes/No prompts way off in the top corner of your right monitor, instead of on the main screen. AMS doesnt even support triples and they get it right. These things add up quickly to an annoying experience.

I really liked AMS2 in EA, but I find with each release I dislike it more and more. Lack of road feel, brakes locking with the slightest tap of the brake causing the backend to spin with no warning. Numerous graphic and handling issues with cars.

So for all the fanboys who keep praising this sim, you are hurting it more than helping it. Be honest with the developers and quit pretending like this sim is something special, it's not. Maybe in 2 years.

Hate away. I fully expect the fanboys to pile on.

Last edited:
You clearly weren’t involved with ACC in the early days!

All the sims have taken their turn and rightfully so. ACC was absolutely hammered when it was first released.

I had really high expectations for AMS2 but right now it's quantity over quality and i've walked away from it for the most part. If I step back and ask myself where AMS2 is the best, there really isn't any area where they are better than any other sim out there:

-FFB? no..definitely not
-Physics...nope
-graphics....hmm, maybe-pretty good in VR
-track selection...some unique ones but missing a lot of main stream content
-realism....nope, no working ABS/TC steps (AC had this in 2014), no dash lights,...
-multiplayer...nope
-car selection....nope
-sound...definitely not

What does that leave? What does this sim do currently better than anyone else? I think the answer is probably unique car content? That just isn't enough on it's own for me. They need to improve the core physics and ffb to make this a contender.

All the sims have taken their turn and rightfully so. ACC was absolutely hammered when it was first released.

I had really high expectations for AMS2 but right now it's quantity over quality and i've walked away from it for the most part. If I step back and ask myself where AMS2 is the best, there really isn't any area where they are better than any other sim out there:

-FFB? no..definitely not
-Physics...nope
-graphics....hmm, maybe-pretty good in VR
-track selection...some unique ones but missing a lot of main stream content
-realism....nope, no working ABS/TC steps (AC had this in 2014), no dash lights,...
-multiplayer...nope
-car selection....nope
-sound...definitely not

What does that leave? What does this sim do currently better than anyone else? I think the answer is probably unique car content? That just isn't enough on it's own for me. They need to improve the core physics and ffb to make this a contender.
rF2 and AMS2 are my two favourite sims.

After running some other titles this week, it made me realize that this game needs a massive audio overhaul.
Several cars still have terrible audio crackling during shifting and mid-rpm range, no undercarriage sound effects of rocks, marbles, and debris pinging around when going off track, coming back on, or driving off the racing line. Cars sound just don't have the grunt and pop that ACC, Raceroom, and iracing provide atm

After running some other titles this week, it made me realize that this game needs a massive audio overhaul.
Several cars still have terrible audio crackling during shifting and mid-rpm range, no undercarriage sound effects of rocks, marbles, and debris pinging around when going off track, coming back on, or driving off the racing line. Cars sound just don't have the grunt and pop that ACC, Raceroom, and iracing provide atm
They know they need help that is why last month Reiza hired ACFAN to help with the sounds :)!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%