Automobilista 2 | Build 0.9.3.2 Hotfix Is Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have put together another new hotfix update for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation - addressing several minor issues within the title.

Developed as something of a follow up to the large 9.3.1 release late last week, Reiza Studios have not let something as insignificant as the weekend get in the way of progress, as the Brazilian team quickly go about addressing some of the issues that crept into the game as part of the most recent weekly build update.

Key change for this large hotfix deployment is of course the many varied AI enhancements that have been brought to the simulation, as Reiza continue to refine and tweak what is rapidly becoming an improved implementation of the computer artificial intelligence within the title.

Update 0.9.3.2 Update Notes:
  • Fixed bug causing only Stock Car V8 cars to load when attempting a multiclass race with it
  • Added option to switch autoclutch and auto gears On / Off from Gameplay screen (previously in Controls screen only)
  • Fixed series livery assignment in multiplayer and multi-class events
  • Fixed selected state of brake bias option in IBM
  • Reduced AI brake power in non-formula cars
  • Reduced AI Throttle application variation with AI skill
  • Adjusted AI speed sensitiviity relative to car in front (improves start / 1st lap performance)
  • Adjusted F3 & AJR, Ultima Race aero yaw sensitivity
  • Adjusted Opala 1986 & Hotcar tire physics
  • Fixed Opala wheelbase error
  • Fixed Sigma P1 windshield flickering in cockpit view

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now in Steam Early Access.

If you need help and support getting the most from AMS2, start a thread in our AMS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our great community help you out.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Have you deleted your My documents/Automobilista 2 folder? Every update you need to do that. Otherwise there will be no difference in FFB/Physics/Handling. The brake issue was fixed a few updates ago.
I wouldn't call it specifically "fixed".
The brake curve was improved recently by quite a lot, to deliver better possibilities for modulations on the brake pedal, but it's still weird for some cars IMO.
It's indeed way better to modulate the brakes now and lowering brake pressure in the setup helps, but with cars like the Super V8, i have the feeling, that Reiza is still in a learning process with the new foundation, on how to apply better configurations in this department.

Once Reiza have the AI into a shape they are happy with, if I had a magic wand, wished to stop the endless debates over AI and take this sim to the next level my solution would be to hand some control back to the player.

Many years ago playing Grand Prix 2 I had an add on disc called 'Perfect Grand Prix' which had an AI editor and totally revolutionised that game for hours more fun. An AI editor would do exactly the same for AMS2, in fact it would be a killer feature. Adding whatever parameters are available and giving player agency to set up championships as they wish, with field spread, driver traits, speed, breakdown probability etc (assuming some of the principles remain the same from the original ISI motor), would take this game to the next level and add a feature that would set it apart. Iracing are already leading the field on this and the results are exceptional with players essentially collating skin sets and AI sets to recreate series. The future of AI should be developers doing what they can do and then handing tools over to the player. Put that in a mainstream priced game, which you can already skin for (soft mod), give players the ability to edit AI names, tinker, swap a championship file they have created and oh boy, you really do have a different beast on you hands and a whole new active (soft) modding scene.

Bring back Keith Windsor :thumbsup:

Just a thought Reiza ;)

Last edited:
Have you deleted your My documents/Automobilista 2 folder? Every update you need to do that. Otherwise there will be no difference in FFB/Physics/Handling. The brake issue was fixed a few updates ago.
Here's the thing though, supposing I need to delete that directory after each update what then happens to any control profiles I have created? And where does it officially state that you need to do this after every update? It sounds a bit counter productive to me. I get the point, and the same concept applies to a major update for many sims, it just seems a bit awkward is all...

Here's the thing though, supposing I need to delete that directory after each update what then happens to any control profiles I have created? And where does it officially state that you need to do this after every update? It sounds a bit counter productive to me. I get the point, and the same concept applies to a major update for many sims, it just seems a bit awkward is all...
Fully agree with that.
And I havent deleted anything until now - and have still got the update changes implemented.
I guess:roflmao:

But when we get to the full release I will probably delete the folder.
But until then I have backupped the files holding among other thing the control files.
So...

profilerFiles.png

Here's the thing though, supposing I need to delete that directory after each update what then happens to any control profiles I have created? And where does it officially state that you need to do this after every update? It sounds a bit counter productive to me.
And I havent deleted anything until now - and have still got the update changes implemented.
When you delete that folder, you lose all settings, controller configs, FFB profiles, car setups, and anything else you have tweaked or personalised. And that, gentlemen, is the entire point of doing it. It has been proven time and again during AMS 2's EA period that people having issues with [XYZ] have not bothered to do this because they're too lazy to set their game up again (takes all of 5 minutes). After finally taking the hint and removing the folder, their issue is "magically" fixed.

If you actually read the official blurb on these updates, Reiza themselves have said this should be done on multiple occasions. It's also their first suggestion for bug fixing. It is in no way "counter-productive" since AMS 2 is not a full game yet, is still in active development, and is still seeing vast changes from patch to patch. Any EA/Beta developer would suggest doing the same thing.

By all means ignore both their advice and ours, but don't get angry when you end up with issues few others seem to be having.

When you delete that folder, you lose all settings, controller configs, FFB profiles, car setups, and anything else you have tweaked or personalised. And that, gentlemen, is the entire point of doing it. It has been proven time and again during AMS 2's EA period that people having issues with [XYZ] have not bothered to do this because they're too lazy to set their game up again (takes all of 5 minutes). After finally taking the hint and removing the folder, their issue is "magically" fixed.

If you actually read the official blurb on these updates, Reiza themselves have said this should be done on multiple occasions. It's also their first suggestion for bug fixing. It is in no way "counter-productive" since AMS 2 is not a full game yet, is still in active development, and is still seeing vast changes from patch to patch. Any EA/Beta developer would suggest doing the same thing.

By all means ignore both their advice and ours, but don't get angry when you end up with issues few others seem to be having.
Who's angry? I play multiple titles and getting familiar with them and setting up controls and things as I like them takes time. If developers want early access players to remove content after every update then let them add an in-game prompt informing people to do so and if possible set up the file structure so that we delete only the necessary elements or something. Just a thought. I want to experience a title by driving it not spend time configuring it every time there's a patch

Who's angry?
Nobody, and I never said anyone was. But the number of people who start raging about issues they've created for themselves by not following very simple official advice gets very old. How many times is this because of old FFB files? How many times because of an old and now incompatible car setup? How many times because they've not reset the baseline? Etc etc etc.

I want to experience a title by driving it not spend time configuring it every time there's a patch
Like I said, it takes all of five whole minutes to set things back up exactly as you had them before. That's hardly an excessive amount of time which limits your ability to drive, unless you happen to only do one ten minute stint between each patch?

But like I said, do what you like. When you have issues, don't blame Reiza.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%