News Automobilista 2 | 'Biggest Update Yet' Coming Soon

• Deleted member 197115

Sounds great Mike, however beng aussie I am not really a fan of ovals and was really hoping Reiza would bring a version of Sebring to AMS2 in this American Tracks DLC.

Maybe it is still being worked on or at least planned ? It is in my Top 5 tracks for fun sim racing in both rF2 & AC :cool:
May be that'll help sell few extra copies in Alabama.

1660357254028.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
count the cautions.. online race meets reality
the pace car definitely led the most laps at velopark!
have seen the lobbies drop off a bit lately, but cannot wait for the new content and the camaro pace car

As a kiwi in Aussie, The ovals and indy cars are a highlight for me, I'm already looking forward to skins for Dixon and Mclaughlins cars.

The IndyCars should be getting more popular again in Kiwi and Aussie with all the great drivers from down under. Hopefully IndyCar can return to Surfers Paradise one day.

Umm...have the developments of the historic versions of Spa and Nürburgring been "forgotten"?
Surely these should have been delivered as promised before new content is presented?
Some of us paid for this content ages ago
This is a perennial question on the Reiza forums. I figure that one day it will just happen with a surprise announcement.

Oh wow that's huge! Especially coming from David Land, an IndyCar authority!

It's direct from Reiza themselves, so couldn't be much more authoritative!

Umm...have the developments of the historic versions of Spa and Nürburgring been "forgotten"?
Surely these should have been delivered as promised before new content is presented?
Some of us paid for this content ages ago

The 70s versions of those circuits (along with any matching 70s cars) are my most-wanted items for the game too but, to be fair, most of the stuff they are releasing has been for sale for multiple years already.

The USA pack has been sold as "buy all parts of it" (which is what I paid for) but it's also part of the Season Pass that includes this, the 'adrenaline' stuff, the street supercars, some additional vintage tracks and 'Brasilian champions' pack.

The tracks you mentioned are also part of that Season pass, as well as the individual track DLCs and the 'premium track pack' (which is the option I went for), but my point is that there's a lot of stuff in the pipeline which a lot of people have paid for one way or another.

Still, fingers crossed for those tracks to release this year still, hopefully with an extra touring or GT car from the era (come on BMW CSL)!

Sounds great Mike, however beng aussie I am not really a fan of ovals and was really hoping Reiza would bring a version of Sebring to AMS2 in this American Tracks DLC.

Maybe it is still being worked on or at least planned ? It is in my Top 5 tracks for fun sim racing in both rF2 & AC :cool:
I like it, looks good with the camera on 80 field of view and get immersed into the track with the camera showing full wheel bottom of it at bottom of screen and just seeing 80% of the mirrors; yeh feels good. Well Fontana thats a good track for a race I'd say excellent; the WWT oval/road one is very good I found, and daytona is good of course but yes its a hard sell when Road America and the indy cars in rf2 and this is such a good drive/combo. I can't say a single ams2 track is unlikable I like them all, depending on car, just mentioning those; some do have less worth overall like Londrina but they all race well. Especially when the last time anyone played indy was back with the game on the amiga and pc Indy 500 which we played to death back in the day me and my brothers. However we cant get close to the indys like in f1 until very recently (AMS2 and rf2 most recently but their former oval efforts)and indy is heavy steering they say, maybe but recent sim cars are the best yet so I always just not try to pretend I am in a cockpit, and indy does not have power steering; so I try to for indy cars turn the ffb up as full as feasible:

- Just remember if you want to do oval to put the aero package on in rf2 and ams2 if its got it. AMS2 makes a decent fist of indy. When you push the cars hard they do respond; I have only been a little critical of the overall engine/grip loss power, as you wish for a little more room to govern flogging the power of the car.

I will just put this comment about the patch I made in the news thread here then since I used to be the same way, though I like the oval/road combo the best, indy is also on aussie tv now on weekends and its solid racing. So their efforts in all that area(s) is paying off, its been duly noted and I find it good. I did play baseball when was younger though and knew americans from hairdressers to kids in school, so you may think I am more american-ised but its all english to me/ being ordered or coached by an old american guy, and I knew canadians back then as well some guy had a massive moose head on his wall. I am pretty sure the indy push as its also on the gold coast or was, has had a significant impact in ways.

Like I said its all english to me. Pretty sure plenty of people back in school were of english decent such as myself and euro as in their parents were from england or germany. Heck I even knew a guy who was Puerto Rican but he flew to australia, so I think indy is crossing boundary's in the past 10 years as one example is the gold coast indy probably wasnt making the impact they may have wanted unlike the f1 in melbourne. So this new era is ok.

"
Said a few updates ago it was primed and hope people make sure u are racing at summer for the most goodness of temp and grip as an example to make a judgement but its going really good. I only wish the abs and traction control was a cycle rather than 0-10, eg 0-10-0. Its very good though and I usually use the in-car lcd menu.

An example of bad judgement is when you race donnington chistmas day and get 16 ambient lol but you do not do 25 july and get 30 ambient temp. Its great now since I was saying or made that post the day to day difference and turn to turn is so much better. The handling is definitely lifted now in the patch and guess they just polish from here.

I had 500 hours on this when it was rubbish, so I am just as happy to drive it when good and call it good I didnt have to sook once about it. I did enjoy the driving but knew and said it was only average, now we see its really good, so I did not enjoy fully the 500 hours over time, now at 650ish the last 150 I suppose increasingly got really good.

So I still race in winter or summer and all over and really like the adjustment over the year and within a day from corner to corner. The lapping has become really good and the track/racing has become ever more diverse. This is pretty good a lot more meat on the bones. Meaning theres a wide range of possibility for speed, braking, tuning>handling; it feels sophisticated now.

So that goes into saying that eg grip and loss of grip and sliding, it grabs and lets go and there is weight to the car more now and its losing momentum and grabs again, its all much smoother and far more believable. So when you go to control the car in moments of sliding and cornering its doing as a car may do, this makes it a lively gaming experience. If that aspect is grown a little more and it continues to give the narrow but good aspects of something like AC (which suffers now from a less diverse physics model usually), then its only going to go well for the developers. The one thing to that I thought of though is something like Rfactor2 also lets you feel more the power of the engine.

So one last thing to add I think is making the tyres and traction control settings allow that over-power feeling; but I know they are still working on it. No matter this is very good now. It exists - I must explain - so setting 8 v 2 is much different, but in future it would be nice if the engine felt super OP compared and you could spin those tyres with finesse haha. So its only balancing I am talking about.

My highlights for this patch beyond that are indy cars and the new wrt track and others in Indy, I think its all a very good showing, well done! I know the rfactor 2 indy is just great too however this I rate near it for driving and fun and all that, as I said I am not into direct dk measurement I think its a good showing and thanks; the wrt course particularly I think its good they got in and got their track out to simming, in AMS2 its a great drive and the indy car spectacle on track feels top notch, pretty sublime experience in ams2 now."

Last edited:
Yeah the new 1.4 patch is incredibly good and the whole driving experience to me feels fresh again ! :D

Unfortunately though, No Sebring :cry:

Hope for One Day ! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back