Automobilista 1.4.7 and Ibarra Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Ibarra 4.jpg

Automobilista has been updated to build 1.4.7 today, adding new content and plenty of improvements to the highly regarded racing simulation.

The sizeable new build release addresses several outstanding issues within the simulation as well as adding some interesting new features and improvements, not least of which will be the support for surround sound within AMS, something that has been long requested by fans and should make a substantial improvement to the audio side of the simulation.

Other noteworthy changes for the new release include texture updates for Floripa, Jacarepagua, Johannesburg, Ribeirao, Ortona and Velopark as well as pit tyre threshold improvements, which should result in a better use of tyre life management and pitstop routines for the AI cars in races where mandatory pitstops are not enabled.

You can check out the full changelog for build 1.4.7 below:

CONTENT
  • Added Ibarra track (two layouts: normal & reverse)

FEATURES & FIXES
  • Added surround sound support (please run AMS Config to set up your audio output properly)
  • Multiplayer lobby improvements: General UI Tweaks; Pinned Reiza Servers; Improved Server Sorting; Added Series to Lobby; Added Bookmarks to list and ability to add / remove bookmarks; Fixed Beta in game Lobby; Added classification to server details; Fixed General Steam plugin issues, including reporting of Series, Players vs AI count and more
  • Added Upper Deadzone for Axis Settings
  • Fixed loading of FFB levels when game was set to 360hz, and the loaded level had 180hz
  • Updated Xbox One and 360 controller presets to XInput. Fixed clutch assignment on G25 Preset
  • Added XInput support (no FFB yet but will be added in the next release)
  • Improved info when creating a new profile about auto loaded preset on controller page.
  • Added button on Controller setting to detect the best preset for your controller.
  • Added Auto Loading for Xbox One controller.
  • Forced default controller profiles to resync to users game folder at every game load
  • Added global Cockpit Preference Option (for driver arms, LHD, RHD etc) to Display screen (no longer needs to be set for each car Configuration)
  • Added "Driver Arm Rotation Lock" option to PLR file for users who wish to disable the 90º rotation lock when arms are enabled (please note this may cause severe clipping at larger angles)
  • Several minor UI Adjustments
  • Fixed bug to display current Opponent Tire Compound color in multiplayer
  • Fixed Inconsistencies with Start Grid Position when changing AI Numbers on Single Race
  • Fixed Pit Box objects showing when there are always cars visible
  • Fixed a couple of bugs that could cause the game to crash in Championship mode
  • Fixed bug with in-game multiplayer game creation settings not working
  • Fixed bug where tire compound in replay would overwrite current setup
  • Fixed bug in AI pit strategy that could cause the AI to come repeatedly into the pits needlessly
  • Upscaled all vehicle body LOD Out values from 600 to 750m to address cars lodding in and out on long visible track segments
  • Updated road & terrain textures for Floripa, Jacarepagua, Johannesburg, Ribeirao, Ortona, Velopark to latest standards
  • Several minor shader improvements: a bit of AO to Ambient Lighting on Terrains; diffuse scroll shaders with and with out fog; Adjusted tree shader so it acts more naturally at dusk
  • Adjusted AI draft values so it remains in draft a little longer
  • Adjusted pit tire thresholds, making AI stay out longer into tire life for series where tire stops are not regular
  • Enabled pit menu refuelling on physics level (so now refuelling is determined fully by SRS setting - allowed in all cars / tracks, follows series actual regulations in their respective SRS)
  • Added / corrected aid weight penalties for cars that were missing them
  • Updated Push-to-pass boost values in Stock Car, Montana
  • Jaca Historic: Fixed crash when loading
  • VIR: Fixed flickering on paddock buildings
  • Kansai: Improved AO on main grandstand and pit building
  • Cadwell & Spielberg Historic: Fixed flickering on overhead signs/bridges at T1
  • Ortona: Fixed flickering on pit building at a distance
  • F-Ultimate: updated HALO model
  • F-V12: Fixed ID error for Time Trial mode
  • F3: Fixed F309 cockpit mirrors
  • Marcas: Updated onboard sounds

Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users
: Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.7_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

GENERAL NOTES:

If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.4.54 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios.

Automobilista Ibarra 1.jpg
Automobilista Ibarra 5.jpg
Automobilista Ibarra 8.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Automobilista Ibarra 2.jpg Automobilista Ibarra 3.jpg Automobilista Ibarra 6.jpg Automobilista Ibarra 7.jpg

Impressed with the new circuit addition? Happy with the update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Thinking about buying it just to play the Brazilian Stock Cars. I got RRE3 just for DTM alone.
If you just play Brazilian stock cars then you are going to miss out on some of the most sensational racing there is:)
Give the caterhams and metalmoro a go and if your not smiling with delight i will be a little surprised:)

BTW guys, they broke the multiplayer server lobby, no servers but the steam server view is still fine so you can join servers from steam for now:)

Thinking about buying it just to play the Brazilian Stock Cars. I got RRE3 just for DTM alone.

The Brazilian Stock Cars are great. The sound, handling, and raw attitude of them will get you hooked. I'm doing a championship with the 2015 series right now, and it is exposing me to some really outstanding tracks I would never have heard of but for AMS. Candidly, I bought AMS for open wheelers and the CART Extreme mod, thinking I had little interest in the original content. So glad I gave the stock cars a try. I think the V8 Supercars will be next.

I didn't ever want to mention VR on an AMS thread as it's been flogged to death.. but since VR implementation in RF2 and how much it transformed the game for me I can only imagine how much better AMS would be as I'm still convinced it has the best physics model and is the most complete package of all the sims..

Another top shelf update from Reiza Studios...how much more can they squeeze out of that old engine I wonder...all the better for it, and making Automobilista a fantastic Sim in my eyes and ears.
The Surround Sound update from Mr Lovric makes Automobilista sound more "Live" (this will depend on your Audio set up of course)...especially in the 'Replays'...loving the audio from vehicles coming up behind and passing me by in cockpit view, and the rumble stripes sound fantastic with the Audio imaging pin pointing the sound that sounds at ground level ...great work again Mr Lovric.
I still have my Triple Screen 3D going well so no need at this moment for VR...LOL

Great improvements and new track. This sim keeps getter better and better! :)

I tried the HALO on the F-Ultimate and I cannot believe it is a correct representation of the real thing. I blocks quite a big part of your view straight ahead and in some occasions I could not even see the car in front of me. Maybe in real live you can move your head a bit to the left or right, which 'solves' that problem. Just have to try that in VR... oh wait...;)

Last edited:
For the ones who can't survive the lack of VR...you spent a lot of money for it, if you spent a few bucks you can have a nice piece of software called Vorpx which will let you play AMS in VR (and other titles too).

Holy smokes, what is this magical thing?!?!?

So I'm a little bit confused and would appreciate some clarification please :) Does this mean AMS will run in my rift, in 3D? Or does it mean it just displays in the headset in "normal" 2D ?

Any clarification would be appreciated !

Holy smokes, what is this magical thing?!?!?

So I'm a little bit confused and would appreciate some clarification please :) Does this mean AMS will run in my rift, in 3D? Or does it mean it just displays in the headset in "normal" 2D ?

Any clarification would be appreciated !

Yes, you can run it both 2D and 3D on your device and it runs smooth like butter. I don't own a rift/vive but with a friend we get it working (after some try and a couple of hours because we were lost in translation lol) following this tutorial:
You need to buy Vorpx software and to spend some time with settings.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%