F1 2012 automatic vs manual gears wich is better!!!

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
i dunno i get engine failures on manual gearbox nearly every dame race i do, it might be my aggressive gear changes so i need to alter them.

I'm getting the hang of it, slowly but surely. I really have to pay close attention to the rev range I'm in. If I'm up the top end of a gear, I make sure to brake first followed by downshifts.. If I have just changed up and I'm in low RPM's, I start slamming the gears down while I'm braking. Fairly obvious point to make, but once you really understand that premise, I believe it makes you able to have a lot more control under braking.
Still pop an engine every now and then tbh, but it never happens when the game has my entire concentration.

Manual for sure. In the same breath, all assists off and cockpit view also ;)

In 2010 and 2011 there was very little difference between auto and manual, due to it's more arcade driving style,. I have not driven 2012 (other than the demo) so I can't really say anything about this one, but I doubt it's any change.

In a more sim oriented game (GSC, rFactor), where you actually can feel your car I will defo say manual.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%