Automatic throttle blip and cut

Is it just me or does this only work when downshifting?

When driving with the paddle shifters and having auto clutch and throttle blip/cut on - the lotus still revs like mad when upshifting, unless i lift the throttle .. Is this how it is supposed to be?

And yes, i know im supposed to learn how to drive stick, wich i wil ;)

Try short shifting and she will rev like mad .. Pull it all the way into the limiter and you wont notice it that much. Seems to me that when enabled and i want to shift early the throttle should cut/blip right?

Might be due to the fact that this car simulates a regulair gearbox?

I had this issue too, I tried turning off the autoclutch stuff and had some weird hybrid thing going on with the paddles but I still couldn't get the gear changes right, in the end I just used my H-shifter and solved the problem.

When I do hotlaps and racing I pretty much always have used autoclutch + paddles, where it will autoblip/lift for me, then I left foot brake and always 2 hands on the wheel. This doesn't work in AC, not sure if it's intentional.

For now it's right foot braking and clutch H-shifter for me, I guess there's no time better than now to improve my skills with it.

It is intended. We designed it in a way that the less assists you use the more the system forces you to drive realistically and the more realistically you drive, the faster the system let you go.

So:
  • automatic gearbox + autoblip + auto cut + auto clutch -> easiest -> slower
  • manual gearbox + paddles + autoclutch + autoblip - no autocut -> less easy -> a bit faster
  • manual gearbox + paddles - no autoclutch - no autoblip -> hard -> fast
  • manual H shifter -> manual clutch -> harder -> faster

It is intended. We designed it in a way that the less assists you use the more the system forces you to drive realistically and the more realistically you drive, the faster the system let you go.

So:
  • manual gearbox + paddles + autoclutch + autoblip - no autocut -> less easy -> a bit faster

I have a question..

What will be the fastest assists for cars with auto-clutch/paddle shifters in the real world? Your system is like Forza 3+4, where a user operated clutch is the fastest option, but in that game it's often possible that an LMP or road cars such as Mclaren MP4-12c/Ferrari 458 still shift faster with a manual clutch.

Do you (or will you) have a system in place to combat this? I've always thought the simplistic solution is to just disable manual clutch for these cars to prevent possible exploits.

I've noticed you've managed to negate some of these issues (we have in other games) by having your clutch only able to be assigned to an axis, is it just a case of the AC auto-clutch in paddle or sequential shift cars just being faster than an axis will allow?

I'm now really interested in how deep the AC clutch system/simulation goes in regards to multi-clutch gearboxes etc :D

Here how it works.
You can enable H shifter in the control options screen if you have it.

Then the sim will automatically enable for cars that have physics for manual gearbox.
It will also autmatically disable the H shifter and force you to change gear with paddles for cars that have semiautomatic or sequential gearboxes.

For such cars you could use the clutch manually but it makes no sense you won't gain any speed. The gearshifts on such gearboxes have specific timings for up and downshifts.

Also, if you use say autoclutch operation for such gearboxes the gearshift get slightly delayed because of some "induced" clutch slip

Regarding the clutch in a button it is still debated in our team... I don't like the mentality behind it, but in the end even if you force it to an axis as it is now, somebody could make the axis on/off in the end, so why make people frustrated... we'll see. I don't think it makes you faster though...

It's pretty simple really. We tried to make it as simple and straightforward and in a way, "forcing" the user to get more realistic

So:

That's the way it should be Aris, glad you guys really think as it should. Just a question, in online racing (online league racing) will we be able to select what aids we can use for that specific car? Will we be able to select manual gearbox or paddles only? Cheers.

Not sure, we haven't decided yet on that so I can't tell you yes or no... but let's think outside the box for a minute. How about instead of forcing it us, the league admins/programmers create a python app that exports what every client is using and then... decide

Humm, don't know, do you think is possible to choose between manual gearbox or paddles?... normally, as i race in a league (rFactor), before championship starts, we already know what we can and what we can't use during the championship, normally only auto-clutch, in relation to manual gearbox or paddles in fact there isn't an option, don't know how it could be implemented in fact...

So:
THis sounds great - I like that you are rewarding people for no assists.
With my limited knowledge (I could be wrong here) but in modern open wheelers (e.g. f1) there is a clutch button (often on paddles) but no need for blip as sequential gears/paddles are used.

How will this work if no blip is required...or, will all the featured open wheelers require a blip and suit the H-shifter?

Here how it works.
You can enable H shifter in the control options screen if you have it.

Then the sim will automatically enable for cars that have physics for manual gearbox.
It will also autmatically disable the H shifter and force you to change gear with paddles for cars that have semiautomatic or sequential gearboxes.

For such cars you could use the clutch manually but it makes no sense you won't gain any speed. The gearshifts on such gearboxes have specific timings for up and downshifts.

Also, if you use say autoclutch operation for such gearboxes the gearshift get slightly delayed because of some "induced" clutch slip

Regarding the clutch in a button it is still debated in our team... I don't like the mentality behind it, but in the end even if you force it to an axis as it is now, somebody could make the axis on/off in the end, so why make people frustrated... we'll see. I don't think it makes you faster though...

It's pretty simple really. We tried to make it as simple and straightforward and in a way, "forcing" the user to get more realistic
this might explain why i can only get into the 1.25s using auto clutch and sequential shifters - maybe I can gain 2-3 seconds with the H-shifter:confused::cry:

I'm using a DFGT so have paddles and no clutch pedal, I can't turn autoclutch off it stays on according to the electronic instrument panel, I'm also using auto blip as blipping wihout a clutch doesn't feel right. So does this mean I can't go as fast as people with H-shifters and clutches, and need to buy more hardware?

I'm using a DFGT so have paddles and no clutch pedal, I can't turn autoclutch off it stays on according to the electronic instrument panel,
Why? What electronic instrument panel?

I'm also using auto blip as blipping wihout a clutch doesn't feel right. So does this mean I can't go as fast as people with H-shifters and clutches, and need to buy more hardware?
It takes a bit of practice but you can perfectly use blip without clutch
Yes you'll be slower but also have an easier job.

Let's explain this a little bit. It's not like you're going to gain seconds with Hshifter and clutch. It's more like 2-3 tenths maybe and thats for a highly trained and skilled driver that knows how to use clutch and blip and h shifter. An average driver that uses paddles will probably be faster with them because it will have a more precise and easier job behind the wheel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back