Sure, as I understood the instructions, I joined a session (i tried offline, but also online as well in a server I own), double clicked "acc_race_control.py" the black box comes up and the grey UI window does as well. Then the black box gets about 3 or 4 lines in and says ""ValueError: byte must be in range(0, 256)". The grey UI box is mostly blank and says "connecting..." but nothing ever happens. I will run it again and get you the exact line it gives the error after, but I know it is one about the entry list.

edit: This is the last line before the error (cropping out my pc name etc at the start)

\acc_race_control-main\acc_race_control.py", line 136, in request_entry_list
msg.append(conn_id)
ValueError: byte must be in range(0, 256)

Last edited:
Sure, as I understood the instructions, I joined a session (i tried offline, but also online as well in a server I own), double clicked "acc_race_control.py" the black box comes up and the grey UI window does as well. Then the black box gets about 3 or 4 lines in and says ""ValueError: byte must be in range(0, 256)". The grey UI box is mostly blank and says "connecting..." but nothing ever happens. I will run it again and get you the exact line it gives the error after, but I know it is one about the entry list.

edit: This is the last line before the error (cropping out my pc name etc at the start)

\acc_race_control-main\acc_race_control.py", line 136, in request_entry_list
msg.append(conn_id)
ValueError: byte must be in range(0, 256)
conn_id is a number returned by the game and used to retrieve info about the entry list. If you are getting this error is because the game sent you an invalid connection id. Maybe try to restart the game, it should reset conn_id to 1

So the old version i have before the update, will connect if i change my acc/config/broadcasting to 9000/ "" / "". However the *new* version when i set it just opens the black dialogue box and immediately closes it. It flashes some text for the briefest of an instant and i cannot read it at all. I feel like im doing something wrong here so im sorry if im wasting your time by being stupid lol

So the old version i have before the update, will connect if i change my acc/config/broadcasting to 9000/ "" / "". However the *new* version when i set it just opens the black dialogue box and immediately closes it. It flashes some text for the briefest of an instant and i cannot read it at all. I feel like im doing something wrong here so im sorry if im wasting your time by being stupid lol
Please try this:
  1. close the game;
  2. reopen the game;
  3. start/join a session;
  4. reopen the program.
If the issue persists, just let me know. I'm glad to help

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years