Resource icon

Apps Auto Start System V1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Esotic submitted a new resource:

Auto Start System - V1.2

The Auto Start System is one of the primary apps that I use when streaming races from a second unattended PC. The application should manage keeping the car in the pits and out of the setup screens as often as possible. This includes during race countdowns, wait time between session, and at all other times when cars are driving on track.

There is a Ctrl+M hotkey for toggling the app on and off.

Cheers,

Esotic

Read more about this resource...

I've been having troubles with this app causing "Race Cancelled" messages when attempting to join my server. It will give the Race Cancelled message 4-5 times and then it will work properly the next.

I have disabled other apps, and the issue goes away if I disable the Auto Start app. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

I've been having troubles with this app causing "Race Cancelled" messages when attempting to join my server. It will give the Race Cancelled message 4-5 times and then it will work properly the next.

I have disabled other apps, and the issue goes away if I disable the Auto Start app. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?
Can you send me the log.txt and py_log.txt of an instance where it fails?

Esotic updated Auto Start System with a new update entry:

updated logic to help keep the streaming car in pit lane

The previous code would occasionally fail to put the car in pit lane when AC refused to accept the request to go to pits. This version should wait until the car is verified to be in pit lane before "clicking drive" and exiting the setup screens. If AC does indeed fail to process the request to pit the streaming car should sit on the start grid until AC throws it into the pits, at which point Auto Start will "click drive".

Read the rest of this update entry...

This app is now part of "Streaming? Sweet!!". Any future updates will be contained in the new app pack.

I've been having problems with the auto start app, when it' s activated (with standard settings) in a LAN session it always push me back to the pits when i pass the pit exit. How can I resolve th problem?
Thanks a lot.

I've been having problems with the auto start app, when it' s activated (with standard settings) in a LAN session it always push me back to the pits when i pass the pit exit. How can I resolve th problem?
Thanks a lot.

The Auto Start System was built to keep an unattended streaming PC in the pits and out of the setup screens, to facilitate streaming races with a second PC, so it sounds like it's operating as designed. How are you expecting it to behave?

• Deleted member 590628

Hey! I love this app, I was wondering, is there a way to auto-exit after a race is over?

Big fan of this app. Was wondering if there's any way to add a sleep in between sessions? The game usually lags quite a bit if you've got a large field of cars and it wants to teleport them all to the grid/back to the pits so; it would be good to have like a 2 minute pause at the start of each session allowing this to happen.
I could add this myself if only I knew how to code! haha

Big fan of this app. Was wondering if there's any way to add a sleep in between sessions? The game usually lags quite a bit if you've got a large field of cars and it wants to teleport them all to the grid/back to the pits so; it would be good to have like a 2 minute pause at the start of each session allowing this to happen.
I could add this myself if only I knew how to code! haha
I'm not sure I understand the use case. When I wrote this I was assuming it would be used on computers that are unattended for streaming. Are you implying that this is being used offline/online by drivers that intend to race?

I'm not sure I understand the use case. When I wrote this I was assuming it would be used on computers that are unattended for streaming. Are you implying that this is being used offline/online by drivers that intend to race?
I use it for AI races that I stream on Twitch (then viewers can use channel points to bet on which car they think is going to win).
My issue is that when transitioning between say, qualifying and the race - the grid does not instantly spawn in the correct position, it usually takes around 60 seconds or so for the cars to appear in their correct grid spots by which time the race countdown has already completed as it starts immediately - I understand that has nothing to do with this app and is instead an AC issue.
So, the solution I can see is that after the end of qualifying/practice, instead of the next session immediately being triggered by the app, a "sleep" of 60-120 seconds would allow time for the cars to spawn into their correct grid positions, and then the race countdown could begin.
I could manually trigger the sessions starting but then I have the issue of my car remaining on the grid and having to remember to return it to the pit lane (plus the annoying penalty message after doing so haha).
Feel free to send me a DM in reply, I'll record a video this evening of the issue just to illustrate it better.
Cheers!

So, how do I use this? How can I toggle to each camera and driver?
Did you try the streaming sweet?

Did you try the streaming sweet?
Idk what you mean by that. "Streaming sweet!" is a pack of mods

Idk what you mean by that. "Streaming sweet!" is a pack of mods
"The Auto Start System is one of the primary apps that I use when streaming races from a second unattended PC. The application should manage keeping the car in the pits and out of the setup screens as often as possible. This includes during race countdowns, wait time between session, and at all other times when cars are driving on track.

There is a Ctrl+M hotkey for toggling the app on and off."

The AutoStart System is purely meant to keep the "spectator/broadcaster car" off track and in the pits at all times, and you would only want/need to use this if you are streaming from a (usually second) unattended PC.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%