Auto Clutch Or Manual Clutch?

I've been practicing using the manual clutch offline and it seems that it helps alot going into corners. I'm able to brake a little later due to the engine helping to slow me down.

I noticed during the Club races last night using auto clutch that if I didnt let off the brake, the engine didnt help me slow down.

The down side to using manual clutch (for me) is on starts I could stall if I'm not careful.

Anyone know of any other disadvantages to using manual clutch?

I always drive with auto-clutch disabled. But only use the clutch at the start of the race actually. During the race i just hammer it through the gearbox with a blip of extra throttle during the downshifts to reach maximum engine braking power

• Ariff Roose

i dont use clutch. its somuch funner getting pissed at the game stalling the car! haha anyways remember to do the cha-cha. clutch and brake-shiftdown-clutch and throttle-clutch and brake all the way! it works for me but i dono about you guys. sorry abit tired so info is abit off:tits:

If you know how to look at Motec data you can easily see what is going on with autoclutch on.

On downshifts the computer clutches for you including blipping the throttle if it's necessary. However, perhaps in order not to turn autoclutch into an advantage instead of a driving 'aid', the engine braking is not as fierce as you could accomplish with a manual.

Autoclutch will also blip the throttle to prevent stalls on a lockup.

I wish I had known this a long time ago as I would have gone for the g25 instead of the momo.

I always drive with auto-clutch disabled. But only use the clutch at the start of the race actually. During the race i just hammer it through the gearbox with a blip of extra throttle during the downshifts to reach maximum engine braking power

Same here. Before the WD-Dev lesson 2 didn't realize that but hey, thank you. I learned.. Cornering is so much easier with manual clutch even thou with RWD cars you have to be sooo careful downshiftin unless i want to snap the tail off.. Now i can't make the car turn in with out manual clutch, the trailbraking is so programmed in my head. The setup is different, can save the tires more, cause i don't have to brake a million miles before the turn.

Also with manual clutch specially with FWD is so much fun to blow up the engine 30 meters before finish line by putting the gear to neutral and kick the 1st in doin 220km/h.:bulgy-eyes:. Can't do that with autoclutch.

You can switch autoclutch off without ever touching the clutch pedal :) Only a little tricky on the downshifts, with a little blip on the throttle it prevents the rear from locking up.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%